I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite thread on Obsidian

Pidesco

Yup, let's just ignore the obvious threat to our existence when we are given actual physical evidence. I can see them not telling the people that, but they didn't seem to be doing anything in secret either.

What evidence? They said that they examined the parts of Sovereign and found no evidence that they were anything other than advanced Geth technology. The Prothean VI doesn't work anymore, either. Ok, they could at least do some something in secret, that's true. But it seems like they wouldn't tell you if they were, because you are associated with Cerberus. Convenient, I know, but I'm sure we would find enough examples like that in the real world.

Did anyone pick this jerk for their game? I'm curious how it plays out, but even contemplating choosing this guy make me feel dirtier than a Salarian drinking shots out of an Asari's stripper's belly button.

I did. I preferred the ME1 option to not endorse a candidate-- really, both Udina and Anderson would be terrible Council members for a variety of reasons. I was irritated that the neutral choice wasn't supported in ME2, so I picked Udina because I knew that he was the default for a non-imported Shep. Plus, ME1 tried so hard to get the player to hate Udina, and I'm contrarian enough to want to see what happens when the player resists that temptation.

Just like the PS3.

lulz

I sold this POS alreay.

From now on, I'll stay clean.

From now on, I'm a zealot of the pure PC master race!

*gasp* I get it now, I get it! Genius plot twist Bio, pure genius!

The Reapers are console fanboys who tried to measure up to the PC master race and have gone overboard!

"Bingo.

Seriously, it's what Bioware always has done. The fans just couldn't handle a depressing and devastating end."

This is baloney. As shown with two examples in this very thread, BIO has no problem doing dark endings. As for fans not being able to handle it, I agree, but that's on the fans not BIO.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Turian_without_armor.jpg

Got a look at this on the ME Wiki... and now I can't stand looking at Garrus. This is one sex scene that should simply not be animated.

EDIT: Also, if Bioware wanted to make a more "alien" race, they could have just gone with something gigantic yet sentient and definitely no humanoid.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No quarians, sorry, but I really hope they look more like this:

ec0f0c57ffc26c7f77970f90ef9c2735.png

Also here's a salarian for your viewing pleasure.

Salarian_Anatomy.jpg

Also, apparently Elcors are powerful and large enough to carry weapons used on Alliance military vehicles. Now *that* is something I want to see in Mass Effect 3. Blasto the Hanar can go cry in a corner - an Elcor Spectre would just keep a tank cannon on him, much more badass.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I wasn't aware Hanar could wear clothes. I'd post a Drell/Vorcha to make this even worse, but I can't find a picture, and whatever naked Asari pictures I find are probably NSFW.

An Asari should be posted to compensate for this horror.

Or maybe a Krogan.

just not both at the same time doing the nasty.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

There are only so many ways you can do : gracefull, exotic, lithe, dexterous, long lived and "mystically" endowed... Any format is going to feel a touch "elf-like"

And ravaged by rabid fan-boys.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm still looking forward to the race of amorphous blobs, a race that is permanently rooted and one who's individuals are composed of thousands of tiny insects so each is basically a hive mind.

Seriously, apply some lateral thinking instead of using the Tolkinesque stuff and mixing it up a little with bits from our cultures or using some kind of linear formula like Heavy gravity world -> bulky + talk slow.

Edited by Purkake

Hunters from Halo are basically a bunch of insects that act as a Hivemind.

Amorphous blobs... eh, the Hanar fit the role enough.

TBH, I just want to talk to a colossus. :teehee:

I mean non-floaty blobs, and they should be in a constant state of flux not static like the Hanar.

The next step is to talk to an actual scientist and get some interesting ideas how the physiology would affect their culture, instead of using what you saw in the latest Sci-Fi blockbuster or dream up when you were 10. Most of the scientists are geeks and would probably happily help out.

The Hunter is indeed what I was thinking of, interesting...

Colossus?

Edited by Purkake

I mean non-floaty blobs, and they should be in a constant state of flux not static like the Hanar.

The next step is to talk to an actual scientist and get some interesting ideas how the physiology would affect their culture, instead of using what you saw in the latest Sci-Fi blockbuster or dream up when you were 10. Most of the scientists are geeks and would probably happily help out.

The Hunter is indeed what I was thinking of, interesting...

Colossus?

We could all ask an astrobiologist.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm really surprised that more companies don't do that. For example, quite a few people offered simple, awesome and still scientific stuff for the latest Star Trek movie instead of the the whole Red Matter fiasco.

I guess the writers think that they are awesome stuff and don't need anyone's help. Then we end up with Space Drow and Space Chickens :)

What you're asking for is real sci fi. Mass Effect is as Sci fi as Star Wars, that is to say - it isn't. There aren't any themes explored in a scientific manner, its just guns instead of swords, asari instead of elves etc. This isn't a complaint, just statement of fact - sci fi is here only flavor.

I don't know how a real SF game would be accepted.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Dunno why its such a horrible thing that many races in sci if (and fantasy) are like humans. That's a GOOD thing. It be boring otherwise. On top of this, ME and other scfi/fantasy stuff have their share of nonn human like aliens/races to be satisfying. In ME, you got the hanar, and the reapers as just two examples of non humanoids. *shrug* There's enough variety amongst the aliens anyways. Same with SW, ST, and any other scifi stuff.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, Legion kinda is a hive mind like Purk was suggesting. But instead of the incessant buzzing it's calculation.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.