I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite thread on Obsidian

Pidesco

Either will still probably look hilarious :shifty:

I suspect that human shaped larva thing was simply the core of the ship. Most of the other Reapers seem squid-shaped and are much, much larger.

Any idea what TIM intends to do with the Collector Base? Surely he doesn't intend to build a human reaper?

manthing2.jpg

I suspect that human shaped larva thing was simply the core of the ship. Most of the other Reapers seem squid-shaped and are much, much larger.

Did you miss that bit about Reapers needing the genetic material of other species to reproduce and always using the material from the most advanced species to do so? For whatever reason someone at Bioware came up with the bright idea that Reapers also adopt the shape of the species who's genetic material they are using. The last time around that species was a weird squid-thing, this time it's humans.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

"I mean the "don't become a god" option in addition to becoming a good god or a bad god. "

That's not a neutral decision. It';s basically '4' decision: good god, evil god, good moral, evil mortal. *shrug*

End of ME2 was basically a WTF moment. L0L If there was anything that made me think ME2 was a shooter it was that (plus the stupid way 'missions' were handled). Not that the end boss was horrible; but it just seemed so out of place.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I can't wait for a game to actually have a decent "neutral" path instead of being goody two-shoes or senior super-douche. The only one I can think of was Throne of Bhaal.

And Torment in its own weird way. Or not?

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Torment didn't really have an evil ending, I think. Bad endings for 'ol Nameless, but not evil.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

"I mean the "don't become a god" option in addition to becoming a good god or a bad god. "

That's not a neutral decision. It';s basically '4' decision: good god, evil god, good moral, evil mortal. *shrug*

No. Watch the cinematic. The other two explicitly state the morality of the choice, the third one doesn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s63PJs2ZijY...feature=related

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Any idea what TIM intends to do with the Collector Base? Surely he doesn't intend to build a human reaper?

My guess is he's trying to build a Hanar Reaper with the DNA of Blasto. That way the Reapers wouldn't even dare to enter the galaxy.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Did you miss that bit about Reapers needing the genetic material of other species to reproduce and always using the material from the most advanced species to do so? For whatever reason someone at Bioware came up with the bright idea that Reapers also adopt the shape of the species who's genetic material they are using. The last time around that species was a weird squid-thing, this time it's humans.

So the Protheans were actually squids?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

"No. Watch the cinematic. The other two explicitly state the morality of the choice, the third one doesn't."

No. It's not a 'neutreal evrsus good or evil option'. It's a no I want to be mortal and not a good vs evil vs neutral choice. Good vs evil morality/alignment has nothing to do with it. At all. Ever.

A Prothean Reaper was never built for some reason. Instead they were found unworthy & turned into Collectors... it doesn't make sense anyway that humanity (the newbie race in the galactic community) is the most advanced in the universe. I think the squids (the current form of the Reapers) might've been Zeioph, possibly the race wiped out before the Protheans.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

A Prothean Reaper was never built for some reason. Instead they were found unworthy & turned into Collectors... it doesn't make sense anyway that humanity (the newbie race in the galactic community) is the most advanced in the universe. I think the squids (the current form of the Reapers) might've been Zeioph, possibly the race wiped out before the Protheans.

I think they simply decided on humanity because they're apparently "genetically superior to other species", which could make sense.

Overall, the main plot in ME is just silly.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Or it might be judged that Humanity is the race that was able to successfully kill a reaper. And it's that act which the reapers use to judge what race is going to be used to "respawn" other reapers..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

They actually discussed the genetic thing during Mordin's loyalty quest. Apparently humans have "a much larger genetic range/variability" than the other races, which is awesome for some reason.

@Boo: Thanks, I'm vindicated and you got one over Volo. Win-win.

Edited by Purkake

S'funny. I find ME2 superior in almost every aspect ...but I dunno, the plot is kinda junk. It's missing an antagonist. I mean, sure ...Saren was an ineffectual blowhard but at least he held your attention.

And that one brief exchange you share with Sovereign is far greater than anything experienced in ME2.

It sucks that you're denied the opportunity to interact with The Collectors because

they're all a bunch of brain-dead thickwits.

Samesies with

Harbinger,

who comes and goes without ever saying anything substantial.

I really would've appreciated some sort of dialogue with a Harbinger controlled collector, perhaps at Horizon, then again during the suicide mission. Just something to personalize the relationship between Shepard and the reapers.

But, like Lucille Bluth, BioWare get off on being withholding.

Also, I'm confused.

Just how in the hell are the reapers doing anything from all the way out in dark space? I thought they were hibernating. Now we find out they're pulling all kinds of junk.

What gives?

Edited by Tel Aviv

It really feels like they had the slightest outline for the trilogy ready and got stumped when they actually had to stretch the overarching plot out over three games.

In other, unrelated, news...

:)

Tasteful funeral wear.

And yeah, this is my thinking too. It doesn't help that The Collectors, their general and Harbinger fulfil much the same roles as the Geth, Saren and Sovereign respectively, albeit in a truncated and simplified form.

It leaves a bad taste in the mouth, ...I need some club sauce.

Edited by Tel Aviv

It would have been insta legenday status. As it is its just two or three very good games.

The lack of consistency in game mechanics is also jarring,

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Yeah...

Makes you wonder how well the Mass Effect trilogy would have worked as a single game, doesn't it?

Badly, the codex entries can only fit in a trilogy.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

They have every intention of making then 3 games. However, the trilogy ie Shepard's story,m will be over after 3.

And, ME trilogy as a single game would not be 'legendary'. It's better off beinga trilogy thoguh I do agree that the Harbringer and the collectors are Soveregn + Geth redux. That said, I absolutely love Habringer's verbal attacks while fighting you. And, the Collector General shows more heart in the LAst 3 seconds of his life than most game characters dom ever.

"Oh no, Volourn is posting. Prepare for evac"

Trolling a susual? Must really love me.. almost a smuch as Boo.. if you keep posting off topic just about me. R00fles!

Edited by Volourn