What you did today

Gorth

I'm supposed to be writing an essay. Instead, I got into a giant argument on facebook about-- of course-- whether or not pure laissez-faire capitalism is good...

Of course, because that's what I expect ALL students who use facebook to be talking about

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

So I went to a knowledge bowl competition and we were thinking all day that we had to beat just one other school to advance. Turned out that because we were the only two teams in that division we both got to advance even though we lost. I love winning by default.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

she's gone and she's not coming back and i'll most likely never see her again

Shryke is a sad panda :'(

I'd like to make it clear that I am very sympathetic and haven't just started a tabletop stopwatch to time how long it is before you're in bed with some other hot rock chick.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I was supposed to meet someone, a friend of a friend, and fix their laptop but instead ended up hanging out with her for a couple of hours and making plans for a date next week. Hey, it didn't turn out as planned but this outcome was not the worst in the word either. :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Shryke is a sad panda :'(

I'd like to make it clear that I am very sympathetic and haven't just started a tabletop stopwatch to time how long it is before you're in bed with some other hot rock chick.

she was the first person i'd been with in about 7-8 months that wasn't just a casual thing

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I'm supposed to be writing an essay. Instead, I got into a giant argument on facebook about-- of course-- whether or not pure laissez-faire capitalism is good...

Of course, because that's what I expect ALL students who use facebook to be talking about

:lol::o:*

Edit: I'm sick and I've been told I'm talking like Marcus Fenix.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

screw it i'm gonna try and get some money together and go see her

i don't wanna let it end like this

Can I visit you in New Zealand, Shryke?

I just want to figure out what's wron right with you. It's just freaking unreal.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

so um, my hockey career is over now, officially. I've decided I won't play through college because I've burned myself out of the sport. now that I have all this free time (for the first time in like 10 years) I've decided to get a real job and become more dedicated to the guitar. I'll be off to college in 6 months so we'll see how all this works out.

Can I visit you in New Zealand, Shryke?

I just want to figure out what's wron right with you. It's just freaking unreal.

:biggrin:

you sure you want to witness the crazy? :thumbsup:

so um, my hockey career is over now, officially. I've decided I won't play through college because I've burned myself out of the sport. now that I have all this free time (for the first time in like 10 years) I've decided to get a real job and become more dedicated to the guitar. I'll be off to college in 6 months so we'll see how all this works out.

That must have been a tough decision for you, Krookster. Enjoy college life!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Yeah it's been a good run though. I mean, Rutgers is the birthplace of Ultimate Frisbee so there's always that...

You are dead to me Krookie.

Just don't give up on the NHL thread college boy.

never<3

i'm not saying i'll never play hockey again, but division 1 isn't an option and Junior hockey would be way to hard to be committed to while dorming at a school. I'd spend more time sleeping at home than I would school.

I think that will work out for you, chicks dig guitar players. Did you have any shot of a hockey scholarship? That might have changed your mind.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've been working a part-time gas station clerk position all week that is more like Full Time + OT on minimum wage. Dealing with this great of a variation of soicieties populace makes one quite hostile. Yes, working at a gas station is a "low on the pole" job. I think people are taken back by the fact that I won't let them pull little cons on me and that I'm not a stupid creature.

The worst are any types of solicitors, especially religious ones, that like to prey on an employee that may be so worn down that they'll give in to anything.

"Have you accepted [insert religious icon here] as your [religious icon]?"

"Leave. .... No. Put the energy drink back. I'm excersizing my right to refuse service."

"Freedom of religion! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

"Yes, and you make othe customers wait while you're preaching to people who do not wish to converse or even listen to you. Thusly, I am not asking, I'm telling you to leave."

---

Oh! There's also the guy who got mad at me that I kicked out because he'd buy me McDonald's if I won the lottery and I replied with a respectable decline as I do not enjoy McDonald's 'food product.' I wanted to hit that guy with the 2 1/4" combination wrench we have sitting behind the counter. Never have I seen someone get so angry over nothing.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

I'm procrastinating.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I think that will work out for you, chicks dig guitar players. Did you have any shot of a hockey scholarship? That might have changed your mind.

I probably could have pulled out some scholarships for some Division 3 schools. At first, when I was applying, college hockey was a must have..But realistically I wasn't going anywhere with the sport past college so I'd rather go to a school that's gonna get me somewhere in life even if that means giving the sport up.

The problem with college hockey is the division 1 levels are dominated by people who come from outside the US. Canada and Russian kids come here to play and get an education from a school like Notre Dame or BC.

I just read on the BBC that someone from 4 Rifles was killed yesterday in Afghan. I know several guys in 4 Rifles and it's very weird/sad.

On the plus side my back is noticeably better today.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

An osprey landed in a field in a field outside my house today.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I've been working a part-time gas station clerk position all week that is more like Full Time + OT on minimum wage. Dealing with this great of a variation of soicieties populace makes one quite hostile. Yes, working at a gas station is a "low on the pole" job. I think people are taken back by the fact that I won't let them pull little cons on me and that I'm not a stupid creature.

The worst are any types of solicitors, especially religious ones, that like to prey on an employee that may be so worn down that they'll give in to anything.

"Have you accepted [insert religious icon here] as your [religious icon]?"

"Leave. .... No. Put the energy drink back. I'm excersizing my right to refuse service."

"Freedom of religion! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

"Yes, and you make othe customers wait while you're preaching to people who do not wish to converse or even listen to you. Thusly, I am not asking, I'm telling you to leave."

---

Oh! There's also the guy who got mad at me that I kicked out because he'd buy me McDonald's if I won the lottery and I replied with a respectable decline as I do not enjoy McDonald's 'food product.' I wanted to hit that guy with the 2 1/4" combination wrench we have sitting behind the counter. Never have I seen someone get so angry over nothing.

Good on you, mate. The only people who crap on someone just for having a job which they consider socially inferior are the lowest form of spiritual scum. But it's very very easy to fall into the trap of accepting their definition when you're actually doing the job. You don't, obviously, and I applaud you.

-Elwood Blues

Yeah it's been a good run though. I mean, Rutgers is the birthplace of Ultimate Frisbee so there's always that...

Hey! My dad is a Rutgers alum. You can get a damn fine education there, and although it has some obvious drawbacks its location (spread across a not-particularly-nice area in New Brunswick) and in its size (lots of options, but if you don't seek out whatever guidance you need on your own initiative, you're probably not going to get it), it's still a fantastic value, especially for NJ residents. So, congratulations and all that.

Any idea of what you plan on studying?

Krookie, if you are considering Electronics Engineering you might want to reconsider. The money really isn't all that great and opportunities seem to be fewer than just ten years ago. Odd isn't it? You'd think it would be the other way around.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I heard A LOT of good things about Rutgers and have looked into it myself. But like Enoch said its location is a huge drawback, considering when I transfer to a four year I plan on living off-campus (I'm transferring in the Fall semester after this upcoming one).

My sister graduated from La Salle University in Philadelphia, and like Rutgers, it's a glimmering gem situated in the middle of da' hood. She lived off campus nearby in one of those pay by semester complexes and the stories she can tell you about that experience. Among what one would typically see in the more poorer sections of the city: drug dealing (right outside her complex no less), frequent police sirens and flashing lights on her block or one close by, people you wouldn't bring home to meet your mother, I'll sum the worst of it (for her at least):

She had to move back home and commute the rest of her time there due to some faulty sewage piping which resulted in a portion breaking on the floor above her with her ceiling leaking **** water. You can't make this stuff up.

Personally at the moment I'm leaning towards Montclair university but I'm not ruling out the other state colleges/universities... except for Rowan.