What you did today

Gorth

Oh and I didn't mean what I said about kids being a life destroyer back in the day. I've just had a lot on my mind lately. I mean they can be disastrous of course, but with the right woman, a blessing, I would imagine. Oh and also, it's not my place to tell I know, but Shryke is thinking of possibly moving overseas (over a girl, of course) and I just wanted you all to know if he does, I totally call dibs on moving to Wellington and taking his place as the pimp lord of New Zealand.

You'll have to deal with me and my fiersome haka in the airport first.

haka4.jpg

Stranegly enough I was reading about Maori Pas yesterday. It seems the Maoris weren't only remendously brave, but they had operational art in their way of warfare, and made the best goddamn forts ever out of fething LEAVES and sticks. Oh, and the British Empire were t**** in New Zealand, in a similar fashion to South Africa. Makes my blood boil. If only we'd done with the zulu and maoris what we did with the scots we'd probably still have the empire!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've gotten pretty good at appearing busy at work. So little to do right now but things should start heating up next month. Right now I'm drinking a beer, sitting on my poerh and tapping on my Blackberry

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Did you happen to read that in "A History of Warfare" by John Keegan?

Now you mention it I did originally, but yesterday I had my paws on a copy of Fortress magazine.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Started work on an old armor mod a few days ago (something I'd set aside months ago for RL work reasons), so far I've spent the day modeling and exploring the depth of the quirks and odd {censored} you get when trying to get Gamebryo, Nifskope & Blender to play nice.

I've had a good day so far.

last night i went to see Amanda Palmer (from The Dresden Dolls) play

it was really cool. she started off with a cover of Radiohead's Fake Plastic Trees on the ukelele, and in between songs was chatting with the crowd

the only downside was that it was really crowded and really hot inside, and a friend of mine who's quite petite ended up passing out from the heat and got carried outside. she was really annoyed with herself and quite upset because she really loves Amanda Palmer, so i waited around after the show and met Amanda and got her to write a little note for my friend

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

last night i went to see Amanda Palmer (from The Dresden Dolls) play

it was really cool. she started off with a cover of Radiohead's Fake Plastic Trees on the ukelele, and in between songs was chatting with the crowd

the only downside was that it was really crowded and really hot inside, and a friend of mine who's quite petite ended up passing out from the heat and got carried outside. she was really annoyed with herself and quite upset because she really loves Amanda Palmer, so i waited around after the show and met Amanda and got her to write a little note for my friend

I've been listening to the Dresden Dolls as a recommendation after enjoying the Tiger Lillies gig. I wouldn't say they were the same, but you can see some parallels. You should give them a try, mate.

-Elwood Blues

I'm pretty excited for the weekend, I get to play my first Hockey game since breaking my leg on Sunday. I'm still not 100%, but I can hang back and play defense well enough to help my team. They've lost seven games straight since I went down, so I definitely can't hurt them too much.

I'm pretty excited for the weekend, I get to play my first Hockey game since breaking my leg on Sunday. I'm still not 100%, but I can hang back and play defense well enough to help my team. They've lost seven games straight since I went down, so I definitely can't hurt them too much.

You're playing with a broken leg? :biggrin:

-Elwood Blues

I hate web games, yet all I do these days is make graphics for them. Teh irony :(

But on what I did today; we have this guy at work who is a bit of a newbie and drives me crazy with questions all the time. So my subconscious is rebelling on my conscious mannered side and blurts out smack talk about this guy whenever I relax. It's like a kind of beligerent tourettes syndrome thing. And I think he's heard me one time too many, cause now he just quietly went home without saying goodbye like he usually does.

I wonder if there is medication for what Ive got?

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You're playing with a broken leg? :(

The bone has healed at this point. The Xray is pretty wicked, in between the tibula and fibula is a huge metal rod from my knee to my ankle, with screws holding it in place.

Here's an example I fond online, it looks a lot like this, except the breaks have healed:

3316030767_3a4ff5e819.jpg

They can take the rod out in a few months, apparently it's only about a two week recovery for that.

The biggest problem is my muscles atrophied in my left leg, and my ankle still has some swelling and circulation problems. I can't run yet, but skating is actually low impact (unless I hit the boards again) so it isn't too uncomfortable. I just won't be able to pivot or pull up on my left leg fully, it's at about 75%.

I'm sick, and have been all week.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

That x-ray is indeed wicked.

Also, you are insane.

No...he's a hockey player

there's a difference

Yes. Mad people aren't always violent with it. :(

Bloody sportsmen. I knew a feller at my school who kncked a piece off his ****ing spine playing rugby, and despite him having exposed spinal column the very first thing he wanted to do after a year of painful recuperation was play rugby. Mad.

-Elwood Blues

Also, you are insane.

there's a difference

Yes. Mad people aren't always violent with it. :shifty:

Bloody sportsmen. I knew a feller at my school who kncked a piece off his ****ing spine playing rugby, and despite him having exposed spinal column the very first thing he wanted to do after a year of painful recuperation was play rugby. Mad.

That sounds disgustingly painful.

Alpha Protocol = Best game ever created!!! EVER!!!

Can't wait!!! :D

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!

Also, you are insane.

there's a difference

Yes. Mad people aren't always violent with it. :shifty:

That sounds disgustingly painful.

I imagine so. I mean I've only got some sort of sprained back and it is oppressive. Christ alone (and this fellah) knows what exposed spine feels like. I would hope that it's so bad that as soon as it begins yuo just pass out.

-Elwood Blues

That just sounds brutal...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I guess I have mentioned this before, but when my uncle was at school he broke all the fingers in his hand on purpose to avoid playing rugby because he figured it would be less painful and dangerous. So did several other boys.

-Elwood Blues

16 hours is nothing... Move to Florida, you'll see hurricane-induced Dark Ages...

16 hours is nothing... Move to Florida, you'll see hurricane-induced Dark Ages...

Dude how did you get so awesome?

Huh? I'll interpret that as sarcasm...