What you did today

Gorth

Krookie, if you are considering Electronics Engineering you might want to reconsider. The money really isn't all that great and opportunities seem to be fewer than just ten years ago. Odd isn't it? You'd think it would be the other way around.

Really? I'm constantly seeing electronic engineering jobs going over here. English kids don't like engineering because it involves maths. Wankers.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today I start a new work out routine. I'm going to really try and get crazy woodsman ripped for summer.

I've been watching quite a bit of tv lately. I'm on the last episode of this really awesome show called Misfits. It's English so maybe you've heard of it Wals? You should give it a try, very funny stuff.

Other than that, nothing to report about girl. Haven't seen her in a number of days because she's been really sick.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I probably could have pulled out some scholarships for some Division 3 schools. At first, when I was applying, college hockey was a must have..But realistically I wasn't going anywhere with the sport past college so I'd rather go to a school that's gonna get me somewhere in life even if that means giving the sport up.

The problem with college hockey is the division 1 levels are dominated by people who come from outside the US. Canada and Russian kids come here to play and get an education from a school like Notre Dame or BC.

Well, hockey is one of the few sports that has a ton of amateur adult leagues to play in. When you start missing the sport, I hope you'll look into joining a beer league. There are also a lot of tourneys out there for amateurs. You can basically play hockey up until the day you die, if you want to, and that is one of the reasons I love it. I actually look forward to joining the over-35 league in a few years, and we even have an active over-50 league at our rink.

So I get not wanting to have it take over your life in college, but I hope you haven't lost all your passion for it. I took a few breaks from hockey when I was in college myself, it's an expensive hobby. Usually I'd get about 6 months in and then I'd be dying to get back on the ice.

edit: Today I was grading card game projects for my students, and while they played the game, I looked up the websites they created for the games on my Droid phone. That way I was able to grade both the physical game and the web pages at the same time without lugging my laptop around. It was awesome.

Edited by Hurlshot

Krookie, if you are considering Electronics Engineering you might want to reconsider. The money really isn't all that great and opportunities seem to be fewer than just ten years ago. Odd isn't it? You'd think it would be the other way around.

Really? I'm constantly seeing electronic engineering jobs going over here. English kids don't like engineering because it involves maths. Wankers.

There are jobs, but schools like DeVery and ITT (unaccredited diploma mills) are churning out legions of barely qualified "engineers" and the labor pool is larger than the demand.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I played nine holes of golf today. The miserable weather coupled with a score that would have been bad had there been twice as many holes, made for a not-so-great experience.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I probably could have pulled out some scholarships for some Division 3 schools. At first, when I was applying, college hockey was a must have..But realistically I wasn't going anywhere with the sport past college so I'd rather go to a school that's gonna get me somewhere in life even if that means giving the sport up.

The problem with college hockey is the division 1 levels are dominated by people who come from outside the US. Canada and Russian kids come here to play and get an education from a school like Notre Dame or BC.

Well, hockey is one of the few sports that has a ton of amateur adult leagues to play in. When you start missing the sport, I hope you'll look into joining a beer league. There are also a lot of tourneys out there for amateurs. You can basically play hockey up until the day you die, if you want to, and that is one of the reasons I love it. I actually look forward to joining the over-35 league in a few years, and we even have an active over-50 league at our rink.

So I get not wanting to have it take over your life in college, but I hope you haven't lost all your passion for it. I took a few breaks from hockey when I was in college myself, it's an expensive hobby. Usually I'd get about 6 months in and then I'd be dying to get back on the ice.

I'm far from done with hockey, it's just gonna be nice to have a break from it. I've played for 10 years - straight. My body hasn't really ever known a "rest and recover" stage because I've always been playing. I'm still addicted to the NHL and I'm sure I'll get back on the ice from time to time while I'm in college. It was to big a part of my life to give up completely.

There are jobs, but schools like DeVery and ITT (unaccredited diploma mills) are churning out legions of barely qualified "engineers" and the labor pool is larger than the demand.

Ah. Understood.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ah. Understood.

I'll probably get my degree in business. I'm also considering pharmaceuticals, because Rutger's program for that is one of the best around, and there is some serious cash in that.

So double major if you can't decide.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

that can cause quite a bit more debt

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm also considering pharmaceuticals, because Rutger's program for that is one of the best around, and there is some serious cash in that.

This.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Double major in pharmaceuticals and business? good luck balancing that workload while trying to maintain any form of a social life.

Meh. Social lives are overrated, but, then again, I want to go to MIT, so I don't really expect to have one...

Wait... Double majoring at MIT (what I plan to do if I get in)... That sounds suicidal...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Double major in pharmaceuticals and business? good luck balancing that workload while trying to maintain any form of a social life.

Meh. Social lives are overrated, but, then again, I want to go to MIT, so I don't really expect to have one...

Wait... Double majoring at MIT (what I plan to do if I get in)... That sounds suicidal...

Uh, social lives aren't overrated. I'd take an average paying job and a great group of friends over a 10mil a year job and no one to spend it with any day.

Uh, social lives aren't overrated. I'd take an average paying job and a great group of friends over a 10mil a year job and no one to spend it with any day.

I'm... Definitely not a people person. So yeah, I would rather have a nice job at CERN than a bunch of friends... One or two people is more than enough...

I'm... Definitely not a people person. So yeah, I would rather have a nice job at CERN than a bunch of friends... One or two people is more than enough...

To each his own, I guess.

I'll be up there at Rutgers with two very good friends, though we opted not to dorm together freshman year because we'd probably end up hating each other. We also wanna branch out out and meet some new people as well.

I'll be up there at Rutgers with two very good friends, though we opted not to dorm together freshman year because we'd probably end up hating each other. We also wanna branch out out and meet some new people as well.

Princeton is my second choice, and my best friend's first, so there's a chance we may end up doing something similar to that...

Princeton is my second choice, and my best friend's first, so there's a chance we may end up doing something similar to that...

unless you're getting a scholarship I'd pass on Princeton. 40k for a school is just ridiculous. Save yourself the money.

unless you're getting a scholarship I'd pass on Princeton. 40k for a school is just ridiculous. Save yourself the money.

I don't care about the money so much as about getting the best education possible.

Don't you know, he's obscenely rich for some reason and can afford to get rid of money like it's trash.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I don't care about the money so much as about getting the best education possible.

The difference between the level of education at, for example, Princeton and a smaller school like Rowan isn't much. The education is what you make of it, if you put in the effort to excel in your field, then you will. Plenty of graduates from community colleges are making more than the Big Name School graduate. But if paying 200k for 4 years for the name of a school is up your alley, I'd say go for it. But at least do yourself a favor and pick a nicer school than Princeton. Great education or not, you won't be having much fun there.

The difference between the level of education at, for example, Princeton and a smaller school like Rowan isn't much. The education is what you make of it, if you put in the effort to excel in your field, then you will. Plenty of graduates from community colleges are making more than the Big Name School graduate. But if paying 200k for 4 years for the name of a school is up your alley, I'd say go for it. But at least do yourself a favor and pick a nicer school than Princeton. Great education or not, you won't be having much fun there.

While the level of education is obviously related to what you put in, a great university helps too. Besides, a diploma that says "Princeton" opens doors... And I think I'll have plenty of fun at Princeton, seeing as though it has one of the best physics programs in the country, and a pretty damn good mathletics team.