Mass Effect 2

Gorth

GOD DAMN IT my old sheppy is lvl 47. No bonuses for me.

I was under the impression that the level only affected how high level you start the game? One or two levels in a game like ME shouldn't be a biggie.

GOD DAMN IT my old sheppy is lvl 47. No bonuses for me.

I was under the impression that the level only affected how high level you start the game? One or two levels in a game like ME shouldn't be a biggie.

Level bonuses? FFS guys, instead of the meta gaming stat modifiers, let's focus on the important RPG elements of this fine title...interspecies sex!

What combinations have we got?

Human-Turian? Check!

Human-Quarian? Check!

Human-Asari? Been there, done that.

What about Geth Sex, Salarian Sex, and Krogan Sex? Bio, why do you these us with inter-species parties AND a Captain's Quarters with no funky alien to keep us warm on those cold, lonely space nights? :)

manthing2.jpg

I have to take my PC to be serviced and the card to be changed. See you around in a few days people, you have my interspecies love :)

Stupid computers :)

@Jags, do they make any kind of medication to your condition?

What about Geth Sex, Salarian Sex, and Krogan Sex? Bio, why do you these us with inter-species parties AND a Captain's Quarters with no funky alien to keep us warm on those cold, lonely space nights? :)

Why no Hanar Sex? Not everyone would want to use Shepard's aquarium for feeding fish, you know.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Since some of you are already playing the game, could someone give any feedback about the squad AI? Do the squadies still shoot the PC in the back more than the enemy?

I've only played up to the point where you get your ship, but so far, they are more apt to charge ahead to take the piece of cover I was aiming for. I shoot them in the back more than vice-versa.

Lame sex aside, does this game even feel like an RPG, when Volourn starts to say that Bioware are stretching it, i do not know what to believe.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Gameplay is worse.

Pros:

- Combat is much improved.

I find your lack of consistency disturbing.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Biggest thing I've seen is that in the middle of cutscenes they have triggers for changing the cutscene (supposedly there's a renegade one where somebody is yelling at you about something, you hit the button and shep shoots out the window behind the guy and kicks him out)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Lame sex aside, does this game even feel like an RPG, when Volourn starts to say that Bioware are stretching it, i do not know what to believe.

You better believe.

I'm actually a little disappointed with the loss of feel. The game doesn't even let you cop a feel. For boobies that is. How can Bio expect me to immerse myself into their masterpiece when they don't even provide boobie juggle? You see, Troika understood our plight. That's why Vampire: Bloodlines was a quality RPG with quality boobies juggles. Seriously, spin your female Malkavian on the character creation screen and not only do you get an up skirt snapshot, but you were also treated to some epic boobie juggling of Ringling Brothers Barnham and Bailey proportions.

What a wasted opportunity. ME2 = Mass Effect IN NAME ONLY! :down:

manthing2.jpg

Biggest thing I've seen is that in the middle of cutscenes they have triggers for changing the cutscene (supposedly there's a renegade one where somebody is yelling at you about something, you hit the button and shep shoots out the window behind the guy and kicks him out)
Bioware - distilling the essense of an RPG down to a QTE.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Well, your weapon skills have gone the way of the shooter, and (early on, at least) cover is more important than equipment, but you still level-up your other abilities, and you still have the all-important pause function in combat where you can issue orders. Equipment itself is more sparse, with character progression defined by squad-made upgrades rather than by looting gear with a higher roman numeral at the end of its name. (I still consider this valid RPG progression; it's just more granular than ME1's was. That said, I haven't gotten any upgrades yet, so whether they provide noticeable benefits remains to be seen.) Plus, a large part of the appeal of the game is in dealing with the NPCs, and, according to Pop, they've built in at least a little reactivity to your decisions. I don't know where that puts the game on your personal the "Action RPG -- Shooter w/ RPG Elements" continuum. As someone who doesn't generally enjoy shootery combat, I'm still having fun.

Caveat: I'm playing as a Sentinel, which allows me to play in what is probably the least-shootery way possible. Tech Armor gives you some freedom in ignoring cover from when you want to, and you've got a non-firearm power for every occasion.

Bioware - distilling the essense of an RPG down to a QTE.

Except it fits, and you don't HAVE to do the trigger. If it was a straight QTE they'd get beaten up for it, but it's a simple button press that's not essential to the storyline/survival of your character.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You're talking about the "click to perform paragon/renegade action" thingie right? That doesnt seem to be anything like a QTE

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It's just a very simple QTE. It's still timed right, you can't just sit forever and decide?

A QTE is in many ways, a mini-game event that usually involve pressing several buttons in rapid succession.. (at least to my mind)..

In ME2, what you get is the <i>option</i> of stopping certain conversation's or cutscenes in midflow to perform either a renegade or a paragon style action. You don't have to do it, y ou don't need to do it. It's based around if you want to do it to suit your style of playing.. That's not quick time event. It is however only available for short moments of time before that option passes.. Just like it would in a normal conversation.

To my mind, it almost seems like the way they've been talking about Alpha Protocol having those extra options in conversation trees :down: It's just not part of the "conversation wheel".

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"could someone give any feedback about the squad AI?"

Here's my most effective strategy for ME2 combat: Let the AI take the lead. They seems to last a lot longer than me. They can stand basically in the open for minutes without dying; but if I show myself for more than a few seconds, reload time. L0L

"I find your lack of consistency disturbing."

I find I'm not. I was quoting somebody else who thinks combat is 'much improved'. It isn't.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

***SPOILERS***

Speaking of minigames, while on Omega my reflexes were shot and I took too long to knock off the mechanic, and also screwed up hacking the mech. Well, I guess the baddies managed to repair the gunboat so now my Garrus is proper f***ed. To add insult to injury the in game tooltip whatever alluded to possible permanent penalties to his ability. Someone please tell me I haven't sealed my Turi buddy to a death sentence.

On the bright side, I didn't take him with me to the plague slum. See, I'm not all bad...

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

***SPOILERS***

Speaking of minigames, while on Omega my reflexes were shot and I took too long to knock off the mechanic, and also screwed up hacking the mech. Well, I guess the baddies managed to repair the gunboat so now my Garrus is proper f***ed. To add insult to injury the in game tooltip whatever alluded to possible permanent penalties to his ability. Someone please tell me I haven't sealed my Turi buddy to a death sentence.

On the bright side, I didn't take him with me to the plague slum. See, I'm not all bad...

***MORE SPOILERS***

Wait, if you play better he doesn't end up all shot up? Cool! I thought it was just the way the story went.

As for the paragon/renegade 'quicktime events', I'm lovin' em so far. Personal favorite so far was stabbing a Blue Sun merc in the back with his electro-tool. "You look tired... you should take a break" ZZZZT! :lol:

Edited by GreasyDogMeat