Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

"But they were incredibly boring and no one ever did them more than once. It's just silly to take those into account and not other quests. "

I love it when people whine about potential C&C in RPGs. Just because you chose not tom follow throguh in comp0leting these quests doesn't mean others whom did should suffer.

Just like in RL, those who put in extra effort are often rewarded.

Additional C&C - even for relatively minor things - is a good thing. Period.

The people who did the quest have already suffered. Nothing Bioware does now could possibly be worse than hunting the galaxy to find all the stupid collectible quest items. >_<

Maybe if you collected all the Prothean Data Discs you get some info ont he Collector's you wouldn't have had otherwise? >_<

It would be nice to not have spent all that time without getting some actual data..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Ideal result: Having collected lots of stuff in ME1 gives you a headstart on collecting stuff (for crafting purposes) in ME2. (E.g., the benefits of XX% of the stuff you collected in ME1 will carry over so that you can use them for whatever research & crafting ME2 is set up to support.)

I typically farm a few star clusters early on in the game for the easy to get "just click survey" minerals to build up some cash. And later on, I'll survey planetside minerals if I happen to be driving relatively close to them to get somewhere. This has gotten me about 75% of the way "complete" for most of the mineral groups without feeling like a completionist drone. Hopefully whatever carries over isn't just a binary "quest completed or not" and the results I've gotten so far will have some payoff in the sequel.

Ideal result: Having collected lots of stuff in ME1 gives you a headstart on collecting stuff (for crafting purposes) in ME2. (E.g., the benefits of XX% of the stuff you collected in ME1 will carry over so that you can use them for whatever research & crafting ME2 is set up to support.)

I typically farm a few star clusters early on in the game for the easy to get "just click survey" minerals to build up some cash. And later on, I'll survey planetside minerals if I happen to be driving relatively close to them to get somewhere. This has gotten me about 75% of the way "complete" for most of the mineral groups without feeling like a completionist drone. Hopefully whatever carries over isn't just a binary "quest completed or not" and the results I've gotten so far will have some payoff in the sequel.

The sad part with those quests is that they are pretty good experience and really good money. Unfortunately money is basically worthless in this game (if you don't have Pinnacle Station), since the problem with the really good stuff isn't that it's expensive, but that if you want it, you need to hammer reload 1687 times due to the stupid randomness of the stores. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Unfortunately money is basically worthless in this game (if you don't have Pinnacle Station), since the problem with the really good stuff isn't that it's expensive

All spectre stuff are pretty expensive. Though by the time you get spectre X stuff, you propably have about 10 million credits. The money system is likely the strangest I have seen, you get huge amounts of credits from the oddest things.

I hope there'll be a chance to catch up with Baatorian Bad Boy if you spared him in Mass 1.

And if you torture him, you get some important info. Remains to be seen will DLC choices affect ME2.

I doubt it will be 'something major.'
Well, considering that half of your total (/sidequesting) playtime is the mineral searching, it wouldn't be bad if it made a big difference.

I hope there'll be a chance to catch up with Baatorian Bad Boy if you spared him in Mass 1.
Batarian.

Everything with more than two eyes dies in my game. :thumbsup:

Everything with more than two balls dies in mine. :thumbsup:

Compensating for something? :sorcerer:

im a little late to the male female char select party, but i almost always pick a female character for 2 very real reasons

1. i feel women in action roles are under-represented (barring a few roles like Lt. Ellen Ripley or Sarah Connor) so i like to choose a female char to appease the liberal feminist pc in me

2. if im gonna stare at someones ass for 50 hours, it better be the ass of a hot chick. to appease the non-pc hypermasculine in me

I explained this to my gf once and she agreed with my logic on both counts.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Palmtree + human face = the feeling I get from these "interview" trailers. Something really rubs me the wrong way in Bio's trailers these days for some unknown reason.

Maybe 'cause the setup is that you're interviewing them and seemingly both the news channel and the interviewee (this word actually exists, I'm shocked) decided beforehand on the questions and answers you don't give a **** about?

And you hate the interviewed person. And your boss too.

Edited by Oner

RPG writing would be much better if the "I just want to fight" character archetype was abandoned and forgotten.
Khelgar wasn't bad, but I agree. Generic blood knight needs to go.

Cue Dante, the stylish blood knight.

RPG writing would be much better if the "I just want to fight" character archetype was abandoned and forgotten.

"I just want to fight" seems like most characters' motivation in ME2 so far.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"I just want to fight" seems like most characters' motivation in ME2 so far.

The original bio of Thane implied he doesn't want to fight, than the character trailer contradicted this. And I had such hopes for him. :c

Much better than Bastila 2.0

This I have to agree with.

What I want is for Legion to be a joinable NPC. Wait, is he? That could be amazing.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Ha. Legion as a joinable NPC confirmed.

YES.