Mass Effect 2

Pidesco

dude you just made my day week and month! sooooooo awesome!

My brother refuses to watch Transformers with me anymore. Apparently he doesn't like me quoting the movie line by line. Except for Blur. I know the lines, but there are some of them that I just can't keep up with. :(

edit: and i LOVE pyramid head as a villain too, although really, the PC is the actual villain in that game (as far as i and my friends interpret it anyway) pyramid head just was a (meta)physical representation of his ... baser instincts.
I never understood how the pyramid fits into the picture. I mean the hat, not the monster.

Actually the only way I might not be disappointed is if I expect a shooter. I'm sure it'll be terrible as an RPG.
Considering ME 2 won't have weapon skills, expecting a shooter isn't a bad idea.

I'm curious if cover will be useful this time around.

IMO:

pyramid head's pyramid head is vaguely reminiscent of a giant threatening phallus, just like the enormous sword he uses to impale people. it also makes him faceless, alien, and really goddamn scary looking :(

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

oh yeah and if they bring back unicron for ME2 they should only use clips of orson welles' voice

original transformers movie FTFW!!!

"Why should I? What's in it for me?"

"Your bargaining posture is highly dubious, but very well. I will provide you with a new body and new troops to command."

"And?"

"And nothing! You belong to me now."

"I belong to nobody!"

"Perhaps I misjudged you. Proceed, on your way to Oblivion."

"Argh! No! No, I accept your terms! *more screaming*"

"Excellent."

Yeah, that almost works for Mass Effect. :(

Same here :D If we could give points for excellent posts, I'd give you 1337 right now!

oh yeah and if they bring back unicron for ME2 they should only use clips of orson welles' voice

"Your bargaining posture is highly dubious, but very well. I will provide you with a new body and new troops to command."

"And?"

"I belong to nobody!"

"Excellent."

Yeah, that almost works for Mass Effect. :lol:

Same here :D If we could give points for excellent posts, I'd give you 1337 right now!

Woo! I'm popular! And I just realized that I screwed up one of the lines. Megatron should have had a second "I accept!" right before the screaming. :(

"And?"

"I belong to nobody!"

"Excellent."

Yeah, that almost works for Mass Effect. :(

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

People over the age of 6 watch that voluntarily? Wow.

Anyhow, to pull us a little back closer to the ME2 topic, I'm taking suggestions as to which companion I should Virmire in my ME1 playthrough. Female Vanguard, mostly paragon, no romantic entanglements, and I haven't taken any of the humans outside the ship in a very long time.

No, people watched it when they were six and thought it was awesome. :(

Anyhow, to pull us a little back closer to the ME2 topic, I'm taking suggestions as to which companion I should Virmire in my ME1 playthrough. Female Vanguard, mostly paragon, no romantic entanglements, and I haven't taken any of the humans outside the ship in a very long time.

I'd nuke Kaidan, if only because he's incredibly dull.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No, people watched it when they were six and thought it was awesome. :lol:

I didn't get my first copy of the movie on VHS until I was 8. I got the 25th Anniversary DVD for Christmas last year. I watch it 3-4 times a year. :lol:

I'd nuke Kaidan, if only because he's incredibly dull.

You should nuke Ashley. So sayeth the magical deformed coin.

The soundtrack is friggin' awesome too. A friend of mine became so enthralled by it that he started a band that makes only songs that sound like "Dare" and "The Touch"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

IMO:

pyramid head's pyramid head is vaguely reminiscent of a giant threatening phallus, just like the enormous sword he uses to impale people. it also makes him faceless, alien, and really goddamn scary looking :)

:lol:

No wonder Maria didnt want to know ... :lol:

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

The soundtrack is friggin' awesome too. A friend of mine became so enthralled by it that he started a band that makes only songs that sound like "Dare" and "The Touch"

Give them to me.

Right now.

Heres a link, dont wear it out http://www.myspace.com/goldensilvermusic :lol:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Mass Effect fields could technically "push" you towards an enemy (and seemingly ignore most obstacles, seeing as that's how spaceship travel). It makes enough sense.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

IIRC the Miranda trailer wasn't posted yet, so here.

Related: Cerberus'

objective is to crown humans the universe's kings (or better than kings...gods), yet I haven't seen anything in ME one that worked for the benefit of humankind. Unleashed a Tresher Maw...on humans. Unleashed rachni...on humans (listening post alpha/theta). Kidnapped and killed a human rear admiral (I'm sure the Alliance didn't notice it's whole spec ops going AWOL, they think you're dead guys, better play along!). Bought/made thorian creepers... out of humans. Then they dumped aforementioned rear admiral's corpse in the "cell" of the creepers. I think the crazy biotic chick with the braindead boyfriend was theirs too, but not sure. On the flip side they made the first human biotics.

Kinda...uneven. Or did I just miss half their exposition?

IIRC the Miranda trailer wasn't posted yet, so here.

Related: Cerberus'

objective is to crown humans the universe's kings (or better than kings...gods), yet I haven't seen anything in ME one that worked for the benefit of humankind. Unleashed a Tresher Maw...on humans. Unleashed rachni...on humans (listening post alpha/theta). Kidnapped and killed a human rear admiral (I'm sure the Alliance didn't notice it's whole spec ops going AWOL, they think you're dead guys, better play along!). Bought/made thorian creepers... out of humans. Then they dumped aforementioned rear admiral's corpse in the "cell" of the creepers. I think the crazy biotic chick with the braindead boyfriend was theirs too, but not sure. On the flip side they made the first human biotics.

Kinda...uneven. Or did I just miss half their exposition?

From what I read, a lot of what they do is research into genetic engineering type of aspects (along the lines of how they figured out how to create human biotics) so in the name of the "greater good" they have to experiment on a small number of humans..

The rear admiral being someone who obviously didn't understand the need for Ceberus' work, and was trying to cause problems so they bushwacked him, and took him away to throw in one of their experiments...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

From what I read, a lot of what they do is research into genetic engineering type of aspects (along the lines of how they figured out how to create human biotics) so in the name of the "greater good" they have to experiment on a small number of humans..
Could be, but that doesn't really explain the tresher maw. Or the rachni. Combat data? Then why sic 'em in surprise attacks? (Okay, the maw may have been their on fault for not paying attention.)

The rear admiral being someone who obviously didn't understand the need for Ceberus' work, and was trying to cause problems so they bushwhacked him, and took him away to throw in one of their experiments...
I'm not sure about Kahoku's intentions, but possible.

I hadn't watched more than one or two of the ME2 hypemaking videos until today. It's probably not an original observation, but thought occurred:

ME1 was, like many 3rd-person over-the-shoulder titles, an ass-centered game. The character models all tended towards athletic builds, and the clothing/armor design definitely emphasized the hips and posterior. (With the notable stomach-churning exception of the splotchy cleavage on a certain thousand-year-old asari.)

ME2, on the other hand, is all about the ****.

Although I am among those who dislike reliance on prurient interests by game developers, if they're going to be selling the game by swinging sex in our faces, the sequel's approach to the matter is much more in accordance with my tastes.

I wonder if FemShep's rebuild included any... augmentations...

i watch this movie with my friends probably once a year. this movie rocks so hard that you dont even know because you just got rocked out of your mind. (i am 26 and an attorney and my favorite film director is akira kurosawa just to clarify who this movie appeals to)

edit: so the whole post isnt off topic: the vorchi are those sorta pirahna looking aliens? do any of them join your party and or have dialogue or are they like the genlocks/hurlocks just a bunch of angry cannon fodder?

edit 2: also how badass would it be to have a warhammer 40k mod for mass effect. the system would be decent for a space hulk type game

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

edit: so the whole post isnt off topic: the vorchi are those sorta pirahna looking aliens? do any of them join your party and or have dialogue or are they like the genlocks/hurlocks just a bunch of angry cannon fodder?
Vorcha.png

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Vorcha

Basically animals hitchhikin' the 'verse.

I need to mirror that pic and then it and my ava can have a staring contest.

Edited by Oner

I hadn't watched more than one or two of the ME2 hypemaking videos until today. It's probably not an original observation, but thought occurred:

ME1 was, like many 3rd-person over-the-shoulder titles, an ass-centered game.

No, the butt fetish is all you.