Dragon age discussion

Gorth

Not a beer, a vodka shot.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

any heard of being able to have a 4 some with u,morrgien,holy rouge girl(can't rembere her name), and the gay rouge?

and i found a head and a body in the dawven under ground city..... i'm wonder if theres anything i can do with them there a quest iteam

Did anyone hear about being able to have a 4some with yourself, Morrigan, holy rogue girl(can't remember her name), and the gay rogue?

And I found a head and a body in the dwarven underground city..... I'm wondering if there's anything I can do with them. Are they quest items?

Morrigan is a no-go here, but otherwise you can.

You need to complete Leliana's personal quest and "harden" her personality, have a love relationship with both her and Zevran and visit Isabelle in Denerim with them in party.

AFAIK

Yeah, they're quest items. I think you get a codex entry when you pick them up. Anyway, the last one or two parts are in a different area IIRC.

Edited by Oner

Look at where the supposed quote is. It's at the end of my own sentence. Why would I quote myself when I hadn't even wrote it before? Don't makea sense.

Anyways, continuing on my second run in DA as an evil mage. Wow, did I ever mess some fun, and interetsing quests. Including, a rather silly one with bodybags. L0LZ

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Gonna begin my third with nightmare, but wondering whether to go with mage or try warrior for the first time, just so I can try a new origin. Human noble, by all accounts, is tosh so maybe Elf.

edit: Played an hour and got a two-handed City Elf Warrior up to the Korcari Wilds. The origin's pretty good and convincing, just wish that 90% of all dialogue options weren't fake choices. Playing warrior seems fairly dour, though, I might just play an elf mage now that I've tried. Looking at taking along Dog & Leliana. Maybe I'll respec Sten as a shield tank to have someone that can absorb damage - on last playthrough Shale didn't seem as good at that as Alistair.

on last playthrough Shale didn't seem as good at that as Alistair.

shale were pretty effective for us on hard, but am not sure if that would be the case on nightmare. am also not certain that shale's ability distribution is ideal for higher levels o' difficulty. the big health of shale probable ain't gonna be as much benefit on nightmare difficulty... would be better to have higher armour and defense. dunno. next time, when we play nightmare, we will give it a looksee.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Did anyone hear about being able to have a 4some with yourself, Morrigan, holy rogue girl(can't remember her name), and the gay rogue?

And I found a head and a body in the dwarven underground city..... I'm wondering if there's anything I can do with them. Are they quest items?

Morrigan is a no-go here, but otherwise you can.

You need to complete Leliana's personal quest and "harden" her personality, have a love relationship with both her and Zevran and visit Isabelle in Denerim with them in party.

AFAIK

Yeah, they're quest items. I think you get a codex entry when you pick them up. Anyway, the last one or two parts are in a different area IIRC.

ok kool..... a few questions on it. what is IIRC? and the other one is how do u ""harden" her?

IIRC = if I recall correctly

At the end of her personal quest she'll be worried about something, you just have to tell her to embrace her bloodlust or paranoia or whatever instead of calming her.

on last playthrough Shale didn't seem as good at that as Alistair.

shale were pretty effective for us on hard, but am not sure if that would be the case on nightmare. am also not certain that shale's ability distribution is ideal for higher levels o' difficulty. the big health of shale probable ain't gonna be as much benefit on nightmare difficulty... would be better to have higher armour and defense. dunno. next time, when we play nightmare, we will give it a looksee.

HA! Good Fun!

For me, Shale is the superior tank. Whenever I have Alistair in my party, I quickly run out of health potions, and he is worse at pulling aggro. Combine that with Bellow and Regeneration Stance (which is also a stun effect) and you have the make-up of an excellent tank. He is crap at doing damage in that form, but he doesn't need to, that is already covered.

I've also had some use of the ranged stance (after a Blizzard), but mostly it's just Heart of Stone. I have used the offensive stance at times as well, and then he does deal more damage, but not enough for it to be worth it. The last stance that boosts the rest of the party I don't particularly like. Perhaps it's useful if you don't have Wynne in the party (and another tank instead), but I've never had to try that.

I am a Grey Warden. I spend all my money on unusual sexual experiences and backpacks. Occasionally at the same time. Dressed like Bob Hope.

Honestly, this game is more fun than a sack of squirrels playing bagpipes. Some of it is intentional.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

By default they should have made this game turn based, if they WANT you to by design to touch every char every 5 sec (as been told to me in other threads thats the point) then make the damn game turn based rather shoe horn real time into turn based mechanics.

It makes sense that they didn't, as the combat control style very closely follows Baldur's Gate. It worked fine then, and DA is supposed to be a spiritual successor to BG.

Edit: And apparently the last post on page 1 is not the last post in the thread. Whoops.

Edited by alanschu

Why Alan, why did Bioware decide to make the origins so restrictive? It's like each origin was specifically designed for a single character build.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well alright guys, I'll go for a PC Mage - Shale - Dog - Leliana party on Nightmare and see how it goes. I've never used the latter 2 before so I'm excited to get something out of archers (or fail howwibly howwibly).

^ With regards to archery...

Don't feel the need to take all the talents... you get the feeling with this game that you need to pad out all the skills in a tree, maybe because many of them are symbiotic.

Imoen-Chick is a fairly useful character, she's a thief and can help your party get seriously rich (she has for me). Re-Spec her with the Arrow of Slaying archery tree, boost her STR to 20 for decent armour and throw in a couple of DW melee skills. Max out locks and poison, stealth can come later.

The result is an archer who can (a la the Sacred Ashes trailer) kill enemy mages or finish off boss critters with one shot (my max damage with that skill using Imoen-Chick is 134 I think). She can use two daggers and backstab when mob combat gets out of hand. She can make and use grenades, the last-ditch fix bayonets weapon of choice that's saved my ass on numerous occasions. And she can steal everything. And pump Cunning, not a problem because all those tomes and books become easily affordable with a good thief on the team.

Don't ever use her as anything other than a Swiss army knife, though, because she will get killed very quickly in combat.

Anyhow, that's how I used her (admittedly on Hard setting) and found her to be superior to Zevran straight outta the box. Zevran is more amusing, to be sure, but after the first playthrough we tend to be more pragmatic about these things.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

^How rich are we talking here? I'm replaying the game and again I am having serious trouble making gold. Leliana pickpocketing doesn't really seem to help much. Those distillation/concentrator agents don't come cheap.

I can only buy nifty equipment for my PC mage, but that's about it.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Well alright guys, I'll go for a PC Mage - Shale - Dog - Leliana party on Nightmare and see how it goes. I've never used the latter 2 before so I'm excited to get something out of archers (or fail howwibly howwibly).

Leliana is actually quite decent if you give her some decent lightweight protection and try to get those two abilities that causes arrows to cause critical hits automatically and the "arrow of slaying" ability. Even better when you get the arrows that disrupts spell casting :)

Of course certain oversized reptiles still wipe the floor with my party, but those I've met so far has been optional and I decided to skip them. Not really playing the game for the combat.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just bought the 131 GP axe that is sold at the camp, I've previously bought two talent books, a skill book, full dragon armor and lots of other good armor. Also a lot of recipes and every gift I can find. And every healing potion.

So money isn't a huge issue (I'm on the ashes quest, which is the last of the open). not sure how much came from me being a thief though, but it has contributed.

Leave no chest unopened.

As far as archery is concern... There is a talent that fires an arrow that stuns every enemy. I hate whenever that one is fired at me, so get that tree if you're bringing an archer. Rule of thumb, if I hate when something is used against me, it's probably good for me to use. That'd give your party above three mass stun effects that isn't tied to the mage. Good times. :)

Edited by Spider

^ I'm a ruthless thief and pack-rat. Imoen-Chick opens and steals everything, GreyWardenCorp © is the Ferelden version of one of those US private military companies, we never turn down the offer of a gift or reward. The stuff in locked chests looks like it's rubbish, but for some reason armoured gloves and boots sell like hot cakes in kooky Denerim economy.

And when I sell stuff I'm ruthless - if I ain't wearing it or don't need it I sell it. I make all my own potions courtesty of endless Elfroot Dude in the Brescilian Forest and Flask Guy in the Mage Tower.

Result? Usually cruise around with 25-50 gold spare. Spend this on R&R in the Pearl and Backpacks (naturally). Enchantment! Boy also does his thang for free, unlike other games where you pay for magic items. Groovy.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG