What Are You Playing Now?

We winished Borderlands tonight, just now. Lovely free-roaming experience, which had nice last two hours, but one very disappointing end sequence and a lousy plot coherence. It was just...there, vague and unsatisfying, despite the really decent build up of excitement the game had been garnering for the last ten hours. I have to admit that finally getting to the Vault was very satisfying, but the end boss...well, no.

The end boss stuff was pretty lame. Altho I would have had a difficult time bringing him down if I hadn't had a never-ending ammo revolver. bang bang bang *hide* bang bang bang for what felt like forever. lol I leveled up to 41 in 2nd playthrough and then found myself being a little bored...

Haven't tried going back to Total War:Rome yet, I'll check out some mods, thanks.

Complex is good, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I just want simple. Hmm wonder if Lords of the Realm2 will run on XP...that was always a hoot.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That's the thing, the game itself is just... boring, lame. Sure, you could add friends, but then that means the friends are what make the game fun, not the game itself.

I'm going to disagree with this. When a game is designed to be played with friends (as L4D has always seemed to me) judging it by the single-player experience seems like a poor idea.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

That's the thing, the game itself is just... boring, lame. Sure, you could add friends, but then that means the friends are what make the game fun, not the game itself.

I'm going to disagree with this. When a game is designed to be played with friends (as L4D has always seemed to me) judging it by the single-player experience seems like a poor idea.

But wouldn't that discriminate against the friendless?

Are you friendist now, Maria? Ah?

Level 7 in League of Legends. Awesome game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Wow I forgot all about Nexus. I have to beat that game too, the last level with the black sphere of death or whatever wouldn't run on my old P3 800 PC way back when. *seeks out CD*

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still playing KotOR 2 with the restored content mod installed.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Dawn of Discovery (Anno 1404).

Except for the super-slo-mo saving game times and restrictive DRM, a nice city-builder strategy game. I like it, especially the Continuous free play mode where the "huge" map size is actually huge. Hopping from island to island making new settlements/cities, sailing around the map making trade/political relations...all with Casear3 or 4 like city-building. Awesome.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

L4D2 SUCKAZ!!!!!01010101

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Dragon Age just finished the Dwarf quest. Debating which one to move to next. The mage tower has those damn puzzles, one thing I hate about RPGs are puzzles, they bore me. I'll probably do the Redcliffe quest next, that's mostly straight hack n slash.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I've mostly been playing Shattered Horizon for the past couple days since I got a guest pass. I'm leaning towards picking this one up when the pass runs out. It needs some work, but the base game is pretty good. Also, you get shot from above and below a lot.