What Are You Playing Now?

Me and my cousin played some more Uncharted 2 last night. We both suck pretty badly at it and get killed everywhere (even got run over by a truck last night). But the game is absolutely fantastic. I have never seen a more cinematic game before in my life. The last thing we did before quitting last night was having a firefight with a bunch of goons inside a bombed out hotel, while an attack helicopter was bombarding the building with rockets. After a while the entire building started collapsing and both me and my opponents glided towards a hole in the wall as the building toppled over. We managed to survive by jumping out through the hole and into an adjacent building, breaking through a window pane. Mind blowing stuff!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Still continuing on my "old" game quest.

I found a opensource project for freespace2, trying to get it to work right now.

Just found SCP? Well I can say that your christmas starts early this year! It's awesome, if your PC can handle it.

I loved it as well. Brilliant work and so polished(by mod standards)!

My PC runs it quite smoothly( an 64 bit amd with an raedon 4650). I've done a couple of mission now, i like how you enter the training simulator to learn new things. The level of detail is amazing.

I've also ordered the orange box( thanks for the tip). it only costed 12,50 euro's!

Riddick: Dark Athena

Its good I really like it. My favorite weapon is the tranq gun. Im basically shooting out all lights as I go then tranqing everyone I see then run up on them and KA BOW! fatality. The game was annoying at first but with the simple errands, but im digging it now. :) It was worth the $20 on STEAM. I wonder if there is going to be another Riddick movie someday?

. The game of... centripetal force-based warfare? I was expecting a little indie-time waster, but it has a great story, interesting central-Asia-in-the-sky setting, brutal AI, huge selection of weapons with different strengths and weaknesses (and sockets), several game modes. You can really feel the impacts from a solid strike with a hammer or direct hit with the mortar. The programming seems a bit shoddy, with no widescreen and a bare minimum of audio options (very much want to turn off that stupid laugh), and some goofy UI issues. The demo for it is ancient, by the way, from over a year ago when it was called Hammerfall.

Definitely glad I grabbed this over Torchlight, which I'll wait for a sale on.

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

Still continuing on my "old" game quest.

I found a opensource project for freespace2, trying to get it to work right now.

Just found SCP? Well I can say that your christmas starts early this year! It's awesome, if your PC can handle it.

I loved it as well. Brilliant work and so polished(by mod standards)!

My PC runs it quite smoothly( an 64 bit amd with an raedon 4650). I've done a couple of mission now, i like how you enter the training simulator to learn new things. The level of detail is amazing.

Thank you for posting this.. Freespace is seriously one of my favourite games, this is like the most epic thing I've seen in years!!

Fortune favors the bald.

Thank you for posting this.. Freespace is seriously one of my favourite games, this is like the most epic thing I've seen in years!!

Remember to grab the FreeSpace Port too, it's the entire FS1 with FS2 engine + SCP graphics!

and widescreen mod.

Which one do you use? I'm looking to test out the restoration mod once I get a moment and not having to run the game in a window would improve the experience (for me at least.)

This is the one that i will try.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

and widescreen mod.

Which one do you use? I'm looking to test out the restoration mod once I get a moment and not having to run the game in a window would improve the experience (for me at least.)

This is the one that i will try.

I've been playing with that mod on and it works great.

K2 with the restoration mod is amazing. :thumbsup:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

FO3 GotY PC.

Better than Oblivion, certainly. Characters aren't so butt-ugly and the voices are somewhat better, too. They nailed the post-apoc Fallout setting, IMO. Three-Dog's cool... I like listening to his take on my exploits in the background. VATS... love/hate relationship with that thing. I like targeting specific enemy-bits, but am beginning to dislike the up-close and personal slo-mo dismemberments.

Interface is still a bit of a pain, though. Gonna have to poke around a little more and see if I can't find some options that actually make use of the keyboard. I also dislike the way they've set up the "e" and "a" keys when it comes to inventory and container storage. Can't tell you the number of times I've cleaned out a storage locked and ended up breaking my character's back because I tapped the "a" key when I was expect the "take all" window to pop up and it didn't. Just end up putting all that stuff back in storage again anyway...

Overall, though, good game. Am almost done with Moira's Guide to the Wasteland, have rescued Reiley's Rangers, am at level 16 and haven't touched the DLC yet. no idea how much content is left.

Still would have liked a turn-based game, though. Ah well.

I just finished Xenosaga III!! I still don't know how I finished Xenosaga II. Xenosaaga I is still the best IMHO. And so the curtain finally closes on my 5 years worth of Xeno-gnosis-killing-cutscene-gawking-samurai-toting-mecha-smashing goodness. I cried like a baby during the end cut-scene (and at certain parts before that too I might add). I haven't got all teary-eyed in a video game since PS:T! Anyway KOS-MOS, Jin Uzuki, and Ziggy have probably secured permanent places in my top 10 favorite party members of all time!

manthing2.jpg

I've been playing with that mod on and it works great.

K2 with the restoration mod is amazing. :p

I should probably find out myself, but I'm lazy, do you know if it works well under Vista/Windows 7? Also is there any point to wait for the mod to be released or is Beta good enough?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

do you know if it works well under Vista/Windows 7? Also is there any point to wait for the mod to be released or is Beta good enough?

I can't get it to work with Vista personally - and I don't think Gizka is getting it done any time soon..

Fortune favors the bald.

do you know if it works well under Vista/Windows 7? Also is there any point to wait for the mod to be released or is Beta good enough?

I can't get it to work with Vista personally - and I don't think Gizka is getting it done any time soon..

I don't think that a mod would change the interaction of the program with the OS-- if you can get basic KotOR2 working on Vista/Win7 (it starts and runs fine on my Vista machine, but I can't get the sound to work, so I play on min settings on my ancient XP laptop), it should run with the mod. Also, I think the talk is about TSLRCM, which is in public beta and is getting pretty regular updates, not Team Gizka's (ever-) ongoing effort.

Edited by Enoch

I just finished Xenosaga III!! I still don't know how I finished Xenosaga II. Xenosaaga I is still the best IMHO. And so the curtain finally closes on my 5 years worth of Xeno-gnosis-killing-cutscene-gawking-samurai-toting-mecha-smashing goodness. I cried like a baby during the end cut-scene (and at certain parts before that too I might add). I haven't got all teary-eyed in a video game since PS:T! Anyway KOS-MOS, Jin Uzuki, and Ziggy have probably secured permanent places in my top 10 favorite party members of all time!

Besides Suikoden, this is my favorite series. I just hope hope hope some day they will do a Part 4. *sigh*

Besides Suikoden, this is my favorite series. I just hope hope hope some day they will do a Part 4. *sigh*

I doubt it, Episode 2 kinda threw people off and ended up loosing a lot of the fanbase so that Ep III just barely sold. If the did Xenogears 2 they might have something (they'd have to try for a similar artstyle with updated CG) but I think Xenosaga is kinda dead :lol:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm not talking about the Team Gizka restoration mod. That's never being released. Some other team actually released a restoration mod TSLCRM or something like that. Look in the K2 forums, you really should try it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm near the end in the English version of Divinity 2 after ~16 hours of play. Playing as mage is much more fun than warrior... my high-level fireballs do more than 2,000 damage and take out entire groups of enemies. My magic blast does around 5,000 damage and only bosses aren't one-shottd by it.

Also playing Venetica. Venice is h

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I doubt it, Episode 2 kinda threw people off and ended up loosing a lot of the fanbase so that Ep III just barely sold. If the did Xenogears 2 they might have something (they'd have to try for a similar artstyle with updated CG) but I think Xenosaga is kinda dead >_<

Now does anyone actually understand the story/plot of Xenosaga, or it is supposed to be your standard JRPG mind****?

manthing2.jpg

now that my son and i have gotten through uncharted 1 and 2 on "easy," i'm replaying both on "hard." makes a big difference, btw: the enemies are better at dodging your shots (and targeting you), it takes longer to "heal" from wounds, there is less ammo to be found. now that i've got a handle on the way their controls work, it shouldn't be too tough, however.

i recommend both games, btw. not the longest i've played, but very enjoyable, both with rather cool stories and tons of movie cut scenes (some are rather lengthy).

waiting on my dragon age key to unlock, too.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I beat Riddick Butcher Bay and Dark Athena! Dark Athena was ok, as the game went on it got worse and worse I felt. It lost its sense of strategy and there were no cool elements that made the first one really stand out i felt. Ill probably play GTA4 now. :p