What you did today

Gorth

At least you didn't get diagnosed with anything life threatening. Like a brain tumor, which my aunt has.

I've had my share of life threatening stuff. Much strength and speedy recovery to your aunt!

Got my wisdom teeth pulled today, but was also given morphine to take care of the pain.

I was disappointed in morphine, vicodin is wonderful though.

Edited by vault_overseer

Oh yeah, my mom had a car accident last weekend. She has chest bruising but is ok, and it wasn't her 'fault', but it does make me nervous. She's becoming old and slow-reaction enough that I'm worried about her driving at all.

Yeah, I was in a car accident some years ago and the seat belt bruised my chest. I had a class that morning and I went into it about 20 minutes before it ended and the professor said, "you're a little late." The class laughed. I responded, "Yes, I was in a car accident, but I didn't want to miss the first day of class."

Anyhow, my dad is getting old and I worry about him driving. He's 82 now and he still drives too fast. We're trying to convince him that maybe he should folks drive him places. His mind is still sharp, but you worry about reflexes, like you said. I hope you mom stays in good health, though. Getting in an accident is pretty traumatic, even for younger folks.

We had to take my Grandpa's license and keys away a few years back. It was hard, but he had gotten in a fender bender and just drove away from the accident.

I did the haunted house again. Tonight I was a clown. It was probably the funnest thing I've been so far. The senior staff was taking pictures tonight, so I intend to get my hands on the ones of me.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

My flu has got worse again! Bloody norah...

Anyway, greatly cheered today as I have just heard that two people I recommended for jobs have got them. It's such a simple, but immensely pleasurable thing, helping people out.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I took my wife through a haunted house a couple nights ago, and the clown was the scariest part for her. He followed us all the way out the door.

Hmmmm. Are you sure he worked there and wasn't just some nut in a clown suit?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That's entirely possible you know. We actually have a few groups of people who come in costumes. Although they generally don't follow someone else out the door.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Today while bug spraying the borders of the house, I rescued an earthworm who had apparently made a home in a crack near the foundation. I rinsed him off with water and put him back in the dirt.

I also cried when I 1st saw Bambi.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I envy you. We've been trying to get a zombie walk into this city here, but interest has been slim so far.

I even have the perfect costume, emulating a Snork monster from SoC.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I ended up going reverse trick or treating tonight. We get so few people coming down our street every year and it's no wonder considering how dark it is and how few houses have lights on. We made up some treats ourselves to hand out to the people on the street that we knew well enough. Ended up with some chocolate covered strawberries (with fake white chocolate and little mini M&M eyes to look like ghosts), some peanut brittle and some dark chocolate fudge for us to give away. I went out dressed as Manny Calavera and as soon as I figure out how to get the pictures off the camera I'll post a shot of the mask I made. :thumbsup:

Hungover today, but still disappointed no children came by. I had turnips to give them as treats.

It occured to me that an alternative approach to Halloween would be to go around houses asking people for their scariest stories or facts in exchange for sweets. You could write them down, and sleep very badly afterwards.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I went to a party dressed as the 102:nd dalmatian (had 102 written on my behind). I'm guessing my gym routine is giving some results because I've never gotten so much attention from going out in long johns and a tight t-shirt before. Very good for my ego, except for the fact that I'm writing this post alone and ready for bed. Drunk as a drunken pig. Thank god for the Firefox spelling thingie!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I envy you. We've been trying to get a zombie walk into this city here, but interest has been slim so far.

I even have the perfect costume, emulating a Snork monster from SoC.

hehe it was fun

must have looked strange to people at the supermarket when we all came shambling inside and massing around the meat section :thumbsup:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I think it's damned irresponsible dressing up as zombies. You'll like as not get a fridge dropped on you.

-Elwood Blues

I'm always sequestered away in my office w/headphones on, gaming or something, and always forget it's Halloween...

Hubby's installing Leopard on one of his PC's as I type. He heard you could, so after some tinkering, he is. This amuses me somehow.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm not allowed to forget it's Halloween because it's my cousin's birthday and my sister's favorite holiday.

I'm not allowed to forget it's Halloween because it's my cousin's birthday and my sister's favorite holiday.

What the hell happens if you DO forget? You get haunted by the ghost of party-poppers past?

EDIT:

Stayed up late last night, playing Red Orchestra, and listening to the In the Mood for Love soundtrack. I was playing a sniper map, and the ponderous bittersweet melodies made me actually effective as a sniper which I never usually am. Came in second or first most games.

Upbetimes, and had a lie in. This may not seem remarkable but I just realised I haven't had an actual lie in in the five years since we found out my mom had cancer. Lay in my remarkably comfy bed, reading a couple of books, and listening to the wind hoovering the autumn leaves.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

What the hell happens if you DO forget? You get haunted by the ghost of party-poppers past?

Getting haunted is very scary and unpleasant you know. I would rather keep my unpleasant scary experiences to a minimum.

Getting haunted is very scary and unpleasant you know. I would rather keep my unpleasant scary experiences to a minimum.

What a curious attitude you colonials observe.

-Elwood Blues