What you did today

Gorth

I just got home. Dogs are happy. I'm going to pour myself a drink (Knob Creek and Canada Dry), followed by another, and another, and sabotage myself right out of sobriety.

Good for you, although that's some rather pricey bourbon to be mixing up with ginger ale. Save the good stuff for the sipping!

Cleaned up my desk area and got rid of the unorganized tangle of wires near my chair that seemed to magically appear over the last year and which I kept tripping over. Rearranged where all the tech things sit (to get rid of the wires), and put a good dent into a lot of paper filing work I needed to do.

Plus tossed out more old VHS videos and other boxed junk I no longer need to hang onto. A couple new shelves so more things can be out of boxes (from moving 1.5 yrs ago...). A lot of those little things that pile up over a year or so until you finally get off your butt and do them.

It took hours and hours. Now time to relax before bed. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I stumbled into a sale (before work!) and ended up buying a new camera. Well, it's not exactly new since it's the same model I already own, but two years younger..

Must have been my most well thought-out purchase ever ;)

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electro...000000000005702

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I have a research report on the stroop effect and an assignment on cocaine due in on the 26th, and I haven't started on them yet, so basically I'm a procrastinating ****. Even though I know this is important ****, and I should be working on them, like, uh, now, I'm not. Why do I do this? Yeah don't answer that. I'm an external student so I'm unfamiliar with how common university procrastination is, but if you've faced this problem before, how did you overcome it?

Three main reasons for procrastinating in my experience as student and coach/tutor/manager:

1. Overstress. Taking a break rallies the reserves and makes work easier.

2. Demotivation. Doing some 'fun' reading around the area or talking to the more charismatic professors may help warm teh embers

3. Self-handicapping. If success becomes too important to your identity [the reverse of demotivation] then you may seek to avoid doing work as an excuse for failing, rather than conclude you aren't any good or aren't clever enough.

I can't recall ever having to tackle simple laziness as a cause.

The missus thanks you for these. They were...enlightening. Eerily spot-on as well.

Hmm, Halloween soon. I have a spare gas mask somewhere, which I'm going to mutilate, meaning that I'll cut off the nose along the rubber lining, to make a hole for my mouth to grin through, drag out the air-filter unit on the side, give one of the eye slit plastics a good whack with a chisel so it looks like a bullet hole and add some fake blood and a raincoat. Finally, I'll spout Ukrainian throaty gibberish and shamble around.

I love Halloween.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

we took some test shots last night for the photoshoot to test the flashes etc

they weren't really fitting with the theme but still ended up quite cool

it was my friend vicky and i standing either side of a pillar - her in a colourful kimono with her hair in pigtails, and me with a long leather jacket and hair loose and in my face

gonna try and get some of the proper shots done tonight after work

i think we're doing the alchemist character first - we've got all the props and everything already

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

it was my friend vicky and i standing either side of a pillar - her in a colourful kimono with her hair in pigtails, and me with a long leather jacket and hair loose and in my face

i think we're doing the alchemist character first - we've got all the props and everything already

That reminds me: I hate you and all your effortless style.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I am so staggeringly bored. I've been sick for three days and am going mental.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That reminds me: I hate you and all your effortless style.

well if it's any consolation i'm sure when we do the proper shoot i'm gonna be the silliest looking one

and if you're bored and stuck at home feeling ill - make people come to you! ;)

I just got home. Dogs are happy. I'm going to pour myself a drink (Knob Creek and Canada Dry), followed by another, and another, and sabotage myself right out of sobriety.

Good for you, although that's some rather pricey bourbon to be mixing up with ginger ale. Save the good stuff for the sipping!

Oh it was just a splash to give it a little fizz I assure you. ;)

My brother gave me a case of Woodford Reserve for my birthday last year. Now that stuff you drink neat or with just a little ice. I used to be strictly a beer man but I have really gotten to appreciate bourbon as I've gotten older.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Shryke: You want I should bring peopel to my house when I'm ill? So they can see me lolling about the place, coughing?

GD: I really like Woodford Reserve too. And it's in a great bottle. Looks the business. But it's a bit steep. I now mainly drink Angostura 1919 rum. It's a very similar taste to Woodford, but good for guests too because it's slightly milder. And about 2/3rds the price.

-Elwood Blues

Shryke: You want I should bring peopel to my house when I'm ill? So they can see me lolling about the place, coughing?

no silly, so they can bring you treats and dance for your amusement ;)

I worked at a haunted house today. When it was time to go we got out to the car and it wouldn't start. So, now I'm stuck in this car until my dad gets here.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

no silly, so they can bring you treats and dance for your amusement :lol:

I'm not sure that would work. It's sort of my role amongst my friends. Dance, monkey, dance!

-Elwood Blues

Trying to put together a decent CV. How would you say "I don't give up easily"?

Obstinate

Pig-headed

Like a terrier with a child's face

-Elwood Blues

Obstinate

Pig-headed

Stubborn, Obsessive, Bullheaded... whats the name of those dictionaries that show similar meaning words?

Being down to my last pair of pants and one and a half t-shirt without holes in it, I had to go shopping for new clothes. I hate shopping for clothes this weekend. Hopefully this will last me for another decade :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Obstinate

Pig-headed

Stubborn, Obsessive, Bullheaded... whats the name of those dictionaries that show similar meaning words?

Being down to my last pair of pants and one and a half t-shirt without holes in it, I had to go shopping for new clothes. I hate shopping for clothes this weekend. Hopefully this will last me for another decade :(

That post made no sense, but I agree.

2 pairs of pants left after I lost a pair when I was drunk. Of the two remaining, one has a hole in the bum and a cut in the knee. Definitely clothes shopping time!

I can't stand going shopping for clothes and this all comes back to the effeminised modern male. A rail thin creature most resembling a fussy 12 year old girl with a heroin addiction. I have the things god gave the red-blooded englishman. I have shoulders with muscles in them for pulling a bow which now stretch my shirts. I have an arse with muscles in it for yomping up hillsides wth forts on top rather than a sodding flat door hinge. I have a gut, I'll grant you which I got by eating steak and drinking beer with my friends, and laughing honestly at things not people. I have a bloody crotch, for obvious reasons, which jeans designers seem to now feel is superfluous. I have hair over most of my body, which I'm supposed to wax, and skin like an orc which I'm supposed to moisturise.

It's mad. Mad I tell ya!

-Elwood Blues

I can't stand going shopping for clothes and this all comes back to the effeminised modern male. A rail thin creature most resembling a fussy 12 year old girl with a heroin addiction. I have the things god gave the red-blooded englishman. I have shoulders with muscles in them for pulling a bow which now stretch my shirts. I have an arse with muscles in it for yomping up hillsides wth forts on top rather than a sodding flat door hinge. I have a gut, I'll grant you which I got by eating steak and drinking beer with my friends, and laughing honestly at things not people. I have a bloody crotch, for obvious reasons, which jeans designers seem to now feel is superfluous. I have hair over most of my body, which I'm supposed to wax, and skin like an orc which I'm supposed to moisturise.

It's mad. Mad I tell ya!

:( Exactly why I buy all of my clothes, tools, appliances, etc at Sears. If they had groceries I'd never have to go anywhere else. Sears at least knows men are still men.

And Outdoor World too. You won't find any fussy effeminete men, or merchandise geared towards them, in there.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell