So Fallout 3

ramza

The major point I missed was the end sequence. You had no real feel for how you'd affected the surrounding communities/groups by the end of the game. At least, not beyond the "oo I was good and purified the water" or "oo I was evil and put in the anti-mutant goop".

101% Quoted for truth.

ditto. i thought they were going to fix the ending with broken steel. nope, still no proper ending.

i can't believe they screwed that up, how hard would it have been, seriously

also: i played the game once by only using vats. once my ap ran out i would not fire a single bullet till i could go vats again. it was like my own little semi-turnbased game.

wierdly enough, in about 80% of the fights, this was kinda balanced. it only didnt really work against mirelurks, who just charged up and ravaged you while your points reloaded since you couldnt run backwards while shooting.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

YAY! Bethseda love rivaling that of Alex Evans's love for Todd Howard.

FAILCAKE FIXED!

Edit: I'm retarded.

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I disagree.

But at the same time, I used VATS a lot, so the improvements that I saw from skill points were quite prevalent.

I actually noticed those differences in skill points a lot more in realtime mode. For one thing, VATS automatically tightens your spread by A LOT.

Don't forget the Bethesda Moral Speeches , god was that jarring.

?

Good ending:

"following your father's heroic sacrifice, you too, have offered you're life to save the many. You're very heroic and the pure pureness of purity."

Bad ending:

"you didn't heroically kill yourself, recognizing that we didn't allow any real choice for you and this is how you rebel. Well guess what, you're a prick and go burn in hell!"

Giving me a (retarded) choice then berating me 'cause I dared to not choose the 'good' one, pah.

Then there's the infamous hotel massacre massacre radio report/karma shift.

The original ending failed. If you have Fawkes, Charon or even RL3 if would be more logical to send them into that radiation than to foolish die yourself.

As I said I never cared much for the main quest especially when you get chastised for being such a "coward".

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

But the odds were.. you did have a certain intelligent super mutant who had _already_ done the "it's heavily radiated in that room, it won't effect me, I'll do it" during an earlier stage of the game..

So having him stood behind you while you had the choice of "going in and getting fatal radiation" or "let Lyons go in and get fatal radiation" and not haivng a word mentioned about his resistance to radiation.. was a little bit on the silly side.... :sorcerer:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Sure it was dumb, but it was addressed at least.

lol. Is it better to address something in a dumb way or simply to ignore it altogether?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It's better to not have such a ****ty ending in the first place.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

the ending of fallout 3 reminds me of the monty python sketch about the movie executive and writers meeting. "splunge?" "yeah... splunge for me too sir!"

its like everyone stared at a really ****ing TERRIBLE idea, and not one person had the guts to say it was idiotic.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I disagree.

But at the same time, I used VATS a lot, so the improvements that I saw from skill points were quite prevalent.

I echo this observation. I feel that the translation into a FP environment with VATS was rather well done. It allowed me an immersion aspect that was not clearly present in the old TB 3rd Person aspect. In many ways it further enriched my choice for a stealthy character. Sniping and sneaking was more intense, as the VATS approach forced me to be more 'cautious ...'

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I uninstalled the game a few days ago. I had fun for 2-3 weeks but it's not the type of game that will leave you any memory of it.

In most cases, in Fallout 3's gameworld, I kept having a sense of deja-vu wherever I traveled.

I am playing MOTB at the moment and THIS is the game I have been wanting to play for so long (too long actually). I consider it to be on the same level as BG2. What you get is a memorable gaming experience and you will want to revisit the game after a while.

Too bad TBH was canned, I am sure Josh would have made some excellent job. Good rpgs have been so hard to find this last decade. Even the Witcher is subpar compared to MOTB and BG2.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

What pisses me off most about FO3 is every NPC is voiced by like the same 5 voice actors.

Just like Oblivion. If they can't get more voice actors, at least get ones who can alter their voice to sound different.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester