What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

I also really enjoy the **** that goes on after the whistle. Its cool having three opposing players skate after you.

I always did that stuff in the older games so it interesting to see them officially include it now. I'd occasionally get other skaters to come after me, but they wouldn't do much other than bump into me. I don't think I ever had them react to late shots before though.

I don't mind the after thewhistle play but I wish refs would call more peanlties for it. It's funny that you can smash someone a dozen times with no penalty call but you poke check the goalie just once it is an auto call. L0L Plus, it eats up valauble time when you could be playing the game. Still, it can be fun.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Replaying Jade Empire.

The game hasn't aged well. Tiny levels, blocky heads, and lots of unnecessary blahblah. Not that I don't like wordy games though, but listening all time to dawnstar's doubts and whining can get pretty tiresome.

Jade Empire's dialogue isn't good. I actually think there's a kind of decline in quality with Bioware from KotOR onward. Maybe it's from BG/II onward, but I've not played them. Personally I thought JE's combat was fairly fun, and the plot twist was actually pretty unexpected, IMO. Well, that

you'd die

was, anyway.

really?

i found it really dull and repetitive

the only time i ever changed from martial style was if something was immune to it - other than that combat was mashing the x button 95% of the time

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Also it's a Capcom game so it's very pretty.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

About to fire up Derek Smart's All Aspect Warfare, I hear great things about this game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Civ IV: Beyond the Sword as I contimplate which new 4x game to pick up. I'm playing at +1 my normal difficulty and ended up on a small continent with Julius, Zulu, Montezuma, and Isabella of Spain.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The Witcher. My 3rd time through. Each time I play this game I think more and more highly of it.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Civ IV: Beyond the Sword as I contimplate which new 4x game to pick up. I'm playing at +1 my normal difficulty and ended up on a small continent with Julius, Zulu, Montezuma, and Isabella of Spain.

Heh. Nice friendly bunch of neighbours you've got there. :lol:

I managed to make it through the game without ever being attacked and got a cultural victory. Isabella, Zulu, and Julius all converted to Judaism and spent a large amount of time attacking Monte. Zulu became my vassel, Julius was constantly annoyed at me but I gave him money, and whenever Isabella's cities revolted to join the French Empire, I gave it back.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

NFS Shift - ugh i don't really know what to think about it.

RE5 PC - well good thing i played Re4 a few months back so i'm used to the playing style. hmm maybe i'll even like it

Batman AA - now this i like o.ob

1.13 killed off Ja2.

There's a good overview on the wiki: Link

Look out especially for the world replacers.

Nice. I have the mixed textures pack, the new bodies, and I gained one level. I'm debating going as is with the leveling or d/l a mod that just gives me x5 modifers. If I play naturally, I'll end up with a bunch of x2s all the time. If I download a mod, I'll become too powerful too quickly.

Playing Madden 2010 on the PC. How you say? The community comes through again

FF2010 Mod 1.0

The FF2010 09 Roster with Usable Practice Squad*.

The FF2010 09 Schedule Update.

New In-Game Logos and Custom FF Splashscreen.

New Main Menu Backgound Images.

New Main Menu Player Images.

New Game Load Images.

Various New Franchise Images

New PlayerRole Images

Play as a 2009 SuperStar Rookie

Scout Combine Passing Drill

You do have to be registered to get the download. Good work!

http://football-freaks.com/forums/index.php?download=2877

Also SoZ just arrived in West Harbor, they want me to go take on a pair of dragons :x

Just finished Drakensang, which was very fun and interesting, though despite virumor's best efforts I never really did understand the maths of the combat. Will replay now with a different character, perhaps a spellcasting elf? It's a shame so many of the companion NPCs don't become available until late in the game - odd design choice, I think.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Just finished Drakensang, which was very fun and interesting, though despite virumor's best efforts I never really did understand the maths of the combat. Will replay now with a different character, perhaps a spellcasting elf? It's a shame so many of the companion NPCs don't become available until late in the game - odd design choice, I think.

Playing with a different character doesn't really change much in gameplay, it only changes the party composition... basically as an Elf you just take over the role of Gwendala (whom I never used when I played as a Ranger). It seems the game was designed with the PC as a warrior/soldier in mind, considering the equipment you get. Even my Ranger needed to pump points in melee combat skills in the late game.

Considering Drakensang is the very first RPG of Radon Labs (the developers of Ankh, IIRC), and considering the tiny budget they had to contend with (compared to a BioWare/Bethesda release) I think the game is very impressive. I enjoyed it more in the end than Divinity 2: Ego Draconis.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.