What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

I meant the tranq darts can sometimes result in an instant "kill", no running around as the tranq does its thing. In all my playthoughs of Deus Ex, I was never able to figure out how to make those instant drops happen intentionally though.
Hitboxes are kinda off, I think you had to aim at the top of their head. Funny enough, melee weapons had to be aimed between the scapulae for one-hits.

Psst Alanschu: Just load your Mercs with the good stuff. Then on the Strategic Map / Sector Inventory Screen you can ALT-Click the unwanted equipment to sell them (for a % loss due to logistics) without any waiting!

Edited by cronicler

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

Insane is for idiots anyway. It's not about difficulty it just about annoyance.

I'm playing on easy and they still don't drop immediatly.

Guess I'll see if hitting them higher on the head will do it (hitboxes are off?).

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Insane is for idiots anyway. It's not about difficulty it just about annoyance.

I'm playing on easy and they still don't drop immediatly.

Guess I'll see if hitting them higher on the head will do it (hitboxes are off?).

Majek talked about Jagged Alliance. Deus Ex has to be played on realistic. :shifty:

(By hitbox I meant hit detection, sorry for the confusion.)

I think I prefer the Be a GM mode in NHL10. It's like the franchise mode, but really beefed up. They did a good job with it. You still get to play the games as well.

It was tough making some of the trades, but I'm trying to match the real ones right now. Vancouver wouldn't take Erhoff though, they were too close to the cap, so I sent him to Nashville.

The draft was pretty cool, you get phone calls with trade offers and everything.

With darts in Deus Ex you have to remember that they aren't bullets. They don't fly in a straight line all the time. So you have learn how they fall and when and adjust your aim ... but with weapon low skill it can be a pain in the ass.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

A silenced sniper is a lot more fun anyway.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I meant the tranq darts can sometimes result in an instant "kill", no running around as the tranq does its thing. In all my playthoughs of Deus Ex, I was never able to figure out how to make those instant drops happen intentionally though.
Hitboxes are kinda off, I think you had to aim at the top of their head. Funny enough, melee weapons had to be aimed between the scapulae for one-hits.

heh. If that's true it might be the answer to one of my personal big DX puzzles: why some weapons got instant kiills from headshots only some of the time. Sometimes I would get instanrt kills on MIBs with the stealth pistol head shot; other times I wouldn't. I assumed that it was because there was some random damage factor that was applied, not simply a constant specific damage. I, of course, was always aiming for the center of the head wherer the area was widest. SO if the hitboxes were off then it's possible that the times I got the kills was when I hit the top of the head (unintentionnaly) instead of the middle.

Now I have a inclination to install it and find out. :(

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Well detection is taken into account when doing damage, so undetected attacks are more powerful.

My stealth pisol shots were always made undetected. If I was detected I switched to the standard 10mm.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Play NHL 09 to finish up my league's S8 playoffs, and NHL 10.

"though in the online mode it seemed almost impossible to score"

Nah. Harder than 09 currently mainly cause it takes time to get used to the new goalies and passing.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Play NHL 09 to finish up my league's S8 playoffs, and NHL 10.

"though in the online mode it seemed almost impossible to score"

Nah. Harder than 09 currently mainly cause it takes time to get used to the new goalies and passing.

I think the board play will also be a big adjustment, once I get that down, I think I'll have more luck setting up plays from behind the net.

GM mode rocks.

Have you guys had a chance to try the new fighting system yet? I read a Swedish review Of NHL 10 last night and they complained that even having such a feature in a hockey game is a failure and that the actual fighting part is weak in itself (comparing it to Clint Eastwood's first-person fighting of that monkey in some of his early films). Also, is it optional and can it be turned off?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Fighting can be turned off. It is alright, I've never been a fan of fighting to begin with. I wouldn't call it terrible, in fact I can see where some people might really enjoy the new system. It's a lot less about button mashing than back in the day.

Replaying Jade Empire.

The game hasn't aged well. Tiny levels, blocky heads, and lots of unnecessary blahblah. Not that I don't like wordy games though, but listening all time to dawnstar's doubts and whining can get pretty tiresome.

Jade Empire's dialogue isn't good. I actually think there's a kind of decline in quality with Bioware from KotOR onward. Maybe it's from BG/II onward, but I've not played them. Personally I thought JE's combat was fairly fun, and the plot twist was actually pretty unexpected, IMO. Well, that

you'd die

was, anyway.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

I'm finding that the fighting in NHL1O is starting to grow on me, albeit slightly.

I also really enjoy the **** that goes on after the whistle. Its cool having three opposing players skate after you.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.