What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Still playing Tales of Vesperia. Man, I wonder how someone managed to make a game in 2008 that has unskippable cutscenes, especially when they come in between a save point and a boss fight. Crazy.

I was doing research for an article and had to create a dudeShep in Mass Effect. I spent as much time watching the unskippable cutscenes - there are seven - as I did running through Eden Prime.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Still playing Tales of Vesperia. Man, I wonder how someone managed to make a game in 2008 that has unskippable cutscenes, especially when they come in between a save point and a boss fight. Crazy.

I was doing research for an article and had to create a dudeShep in Mass Effect. I spent as much time watching the unskippable cutscenes - there are seven - as I did running through Eden Prime.

Yeah, but Mass Effect came out in 2007. Totally different from a 2008 release. :lol:

*runs away*

I've gone old skool with my current game. The Ur-Quan Masters (Star Control 2) runs quite well on my netbook. >_<

It came out for the Xbox360 in 2007, and the PC in 2008. :brows: Apparently there will be unskipable cutscenes in ME2 as they're used to hide loading screens and position characters.

Playing Morrowind. It's a good thing that the game is first person, as my PC's face makes me want to cry.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I thought that was fine. It's a different style of gameplay. For one thing, there's no need to play the beginning over and over again unless you want to see it. In ME, you're encouraged to try the various classes, both genders, and paradon/renegade, as well as the new game +.

You can't expect me to remember every single secondary character in DX. :brows:

Yes. In fact, you really should remember everything about the game, otherwise your PC veteran club membership will be revoked and you will become one of the dirty console peasants.

Hey! I take that as an insult!

20gidfn_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.gif

In case you weren't paying attention, the core message of this post is that I generally feel no motivation to finish games, and tend to quit when the gameplay gets tedious, unless there are character/plot/story mysteries of sufficient interest to keep me going.
I suggest you meet the Mandarin, I found that part rather fun.

I thought that was fine. It's a different style of gameplay. For one thing, there's no need to play the beginning over and over again unless you want to see it. In ME, you're encouraged to try the various classes, both genders, and paradon/renegade, as well as the new game +.

Actually Valkyrie Profile has gameplay features that encourage replaying it.

• multiple endings
  • semi-random loot
  • different characters to use
  • choices in character skills
  • only hard difficulty contains all the game content

If one didn't initially start the game on hard and wanted to see the extra content or if they wanted to see a different ending then they would have to sit through all those unskippable cutscenes again. I didn't mind most of the ones in Mass Effect because they were fairly short.

Picked up NFS : Shift, I'm not that impressed, visually it looks bland, and it plays like a bag of spanners.

A racing game for those without taste, style, and passion. NFS : Shift is as easy as it is bland.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

The only good thing about Unfinished Business is that it was used as the base for the best JA2 community mods!

And the tools. Proedit, map editor,...

Ninja Gaiden 2 - master ninja chapter 7 ... so much fun ... and soon i guess i'll play Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 since i intend to buy ps3 now that they're cheaper ( and yeah i'll buy Slim :D)

1.13 killed off Ja2.

You mean like almost any other JRPG? :o

There's no issues with the 1.13 mod on the Steam version.

It costs twice as much though and has DRM so, yeah, I would still recommend the GoG version... :(

The GoG version doesn't come with Unfinished Business though.

It's only $4.99 on GoG so that still works out to $5.00 off the Steam price although, yeah, it's not really worth getting unless you really, really want more JA2. As for the modding, I did not mention that the Steam version did not work with 1.13 -it, as you said, does I believe- but I do know that some Steam games do not like it unless you turn the "auto-patch" feature off. o:)

I never said that it was you that said that the mods don't work. However, you decided to respond to my post about how the mods will still work with the Steam version. Just because you didn't make posts that mods may have issues, doesn't mean that someone else didn't.

Looking at price, sure, don't get the steam version. I never said otherwise either, since, you know, all I did was say that the Steam version still supports the mods. 1.13 specifically.

Edited by alanschu

I just renewed my love-hate relationship with Mr David Cage by playing & finishing Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy... still a playable game, despite one of the most horrible plot-twists ever in a video game... and I still think Carla Valenti is the most bad-ass female character ever in a video game, just after Cate Archer.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I just renewed my love-hate relationship with Mr David Cage by playing & finishing Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy... still a playable game, despite one of the most horrible plot-twists ever in a video game... and I still think Carla Valenti is the most bad-ass female character ever in a video game, just after Cate Archer.

The whole too long shower scene and scary necrophilia angle kind of ruined her character. There was potential, though.

I've gone old skool with my current game. The Ur-Quan Masters (Star Control 2) runs quite well on my netbook. :bat:

:)

I feel pretty bad when I get beaten up by groups of Spathi ships. Of course I would have been fine had I been watching where I was going and not rammed that planet...

I've gone old skool with my current game. The Ur-Quan Masters (Star Control 2) runs quite well on my netbook. :)

:thumbsup:

I feel pretty bad when I get beaten up by groups of Spathi ships. Of course I would have been fine had I been watching where I was going and not rammed that planet...

spathi ships are awesome

i always grab Fwiffo at the start and keep him for the entire game :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

spathi ships are awesome

I don't know about the ships, but Spathi themselves are pretty awesome.

"Are you prepared to die?"

"Yes. Spathi are always prepared to die. It usually goes like this, *ahem* OH NO! THE PAIN! PLEASE HAVE MERCY! NOT MY CLAW! OW! NOOO!"

:thumbsup:

• multiple endings
  • semi-random loot
  • different characters to use
  • choices in character skills
  • only hard difficulty contains all the game content

If one didn't initially start the game on hard and wanted to see the extra content or if they wanted to see a different ending then they would have to sit through all those unskippable cutscenes again. I didn't mind most of the ones in Mass Effect because they were fairly short.

Interesting.

spathi ships are awesome

I don't know about the ships, but Spathi themselves are pretty awesome.

"Are you prepared to die?"

"Yes. Spathi are always prepared to die. It usually goes like this, *ahem* OH NO! THE PAIN! PLEASE HAVE MERCY! NOT MY CLAW! OW! NOOO!"

:)

the ships kick ass - they're fast and the reverse firing semi-homing missile is real handy

still, there's some other ships that they're completely useless against - ie the Chmmr :thumbsup:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Finished Deus Ex. Also watched the three different endings. I'm a bit disappointed, I thought if you made some specific decisions at the right time in the game you'd get two very different paths, but hey, I guess I can't expect too much from a game.

Still very enjoyable.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Finished Deus Ex. Also watched the three different endings. I'm a bit disappointed, I thought if you made some specific decisions at the right time in the game you'd get two very different paths, but hey, I guess I can't expect too much from a game.

Still very enjoyable.

It does kind of suck that you have to choose at the very last minute. I did really like that the three endings are all different, interesting approaches instead of the generic super-good/don't care/kill them all.

Edited by Purkake