What you did today

Darque

If you WERE going to go in and hand in your guns on a buyback you'd HAVE to go wearing parachute pants ala MC Hammer. You could hand over everything then when they ask if that's it, you say "Just my ankle-holster" and pull out the BAR.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

the past couple of days has been spent catching up with friends i haven't seen for ages

took one of them to a movie (Up, which is awesome btw) coz she was complaining that her boyfriend never takes her out anywhere

today after work i'm meeting up with a mate's girlfriend and we're sneaking off back to her place to make him a cake for his birthday tomorrow :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I finished the last of my Penicillin this morning. That's been 2k mg a day for the last ten days. Woo Hoo! I can actually try that cognac and tea now also if I wanted.

Seriously, though, I should document my experiences in the Standardized Health care thread, the good, the bad, and the ugly. For instance, my doctor actually made personal phone calls to me twice on her day off to see how I was doing, which I thought was cool. On the other hand, it's cheaper to go to Urgent Care than the Emergency room so my innate cheapness overruled my pain avoidance and so I spent an additional night in relentless pain for no reason, especially since Urgent Care did a test and shipped me immediately off to the emergency room anyhow. haha Altogether, the experience reinforces my feelings that I love my health care coverage. Especially since I had very minor out of pocket expenses. To be candid, however, I think that a couple of my experiences actually help argue for the standardized care. I'm not for it, but fair is fair.

As for you, Hurlie, I wish I had gone to the emergency room when I first felt sick and been told that I only had gas than to wait like I did like a damned fool and end up having my appendix burst. Let me tell you, the pain of the operation was nothing compared to the agony I was in by the time I finally threw in the towel and went to urgent care.

Lazy day with three playoff games all in a row. Whether on the couch, in a chair, or on the exercycle....I'm still planted firmly in front of TBS w/the TV remote tossed aside. I always wonder how many people call in sick during end-of-season sports days.

I almost got caught by one of those fake anti-virus re-direct search link phish sites, where suddenly you're at a webpage that looks like a Windows system virus alert window. People are evil.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If you WERE going to go in and hand in your guns on a buyback you'd HAVE to go wearing parachute pants ala MC Hammer. You could hand over everything then when they ask if that's it, you say "Just my ankle-holster" and pull out the BAR.

CAN'T TOUCH THIS!

wut wuz that bout lol.

Ahem. I did noooootthhhhhiiing at all today....

Edited by kingofsquid

haha Altogether, the experience reinforces my feelings that I love my health care coverage. Especially since I had very minor out of pocket expenses. To be candid, however, I think that a couple of my experiences actually help argue for the standardized care. I'm not for it, but fair is fair.

You are a gentleman to concede the point, sir.

Last night I dreamed Gordon Brown had become so desparate for anyone who would listen to him that he hired me and my colleagues to come help him. What might have been a serious dream descended into farce when it was discovered that someone had left bacon in the file containing key documents and we had to make them up AND discuss what to do about them. Brown was magisterial when the meeting started, became flummoxed by the appearance of the bacon, then became pathetically willing to proceed when someone suggested we could just make up the missing data. I recall he either looked languidly reproving with his one eye, or bobbed up and down with enthusiasm (which happened less often).

Very funny.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Today was one long exercise in getting pushed around by various people. It's a good thing I don't excite easily.

besed on your posts I'd bet you are a really mild tempered nice guy who never gets too mad or too happy. But you gotta be careful, those are the kind of people who snap one day and walk into a crowded train station with a loaded assault rifle and go nuts.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Today I raged long and hard about the bastards that are blacking out my hockey games. I understand not getting the sportsnet games from out of the region since they don't have national rights to the games, but damnit, I'm in the overlap area for the Senators/Leafs! I should be able to get those Senators games! Give me my hockey you bastards!

Then I learned that NHL Center Ice has a free preview this month and everything is good again. I have time to figure out why I'm not getting games that I should be getting.

Edited by Deraldin

Not much, went to my after noon class and ended up leaving because we had a guest speaker who talked to us like we were highschoolers about harassment and rape. The speaker also had such broad definition of the terms that they kind of lost their meaning.

Then I discovered that Matthew Rorie is my favorite game developer.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Did my exercise and then stormed it to the pub before closing time.

No-one I knew was there for about half an hour then an acquaintance appeared. He was having work trouble with which I assisted. He then suggested we go to a pub he knew. I concured. At said pub he introduced me to a number of people. A 'certain' lady appeared and we got on very well. Foundations are laid. I am pleased.

-Elwood Blues

the quest to get laid is progressing then huh walshie? :thumbsup:

i've decided there are far too many birthdays this/next week

was my nephew's on monday, a friend's on tuesday, another friend's yesterday, 2 friends today, my half brother tomorrow, another friend next monday, then another friend next tuesday

bloody hell!

the birthday drinks last night were quite fun

we invented a drinking board game and later on ended up standing around in the lounge singing our lungs out to Disney songs :facepalm:

then when it started to wind down and people went home, 4 of us decided to walk into town and go dancing and do some karaoke

more birthday drinks tonight as well

i'm heading over to the birthday boy's place after i finish work to pick him up :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Bought a new Seagate 1TB hard drive.

My parents are visiting for the week, and Dad brought a Thermaltake power supply he's had for years but never used, and stuck it in my tower to replace the cheap ass one I was using. Turns out it was faulty and it fried both my hard drives, losing all the crap I've accumulated over the years. GREAT.

bad day for missouri sports fans... ugh. it's like sticking needles in my eyes to turn on ESPN right now.

anyway, i also decided that i can't go camping this weekend BECAUSE IT IS SNOWING!!! woohooo!!!! mind you, i don't mind the snow, but it's going to be crappy and cold and misty and crappy (yes, twice as crappy) all weekend so camping would be a miserable experience. maybe next weekend.

in other related news, loveland ski resort opened yesterday (er, tuesday maybe?) and a-basin opens tomorrow. earliest opening ever... yet we're supposed to have a mild winter? i'm thinking not... we shall see. either way, copper opens november 6, which is my mountain! skis will be on order (2008 nordica afterburner) as soon as i get paid for the contract i've been working. woohooo!!!

taks

comrade taks... just because.

i've decided there are far too many birthdays this/next week

was my nephew's on monday, a friend's on tuesday, another friend's yesterday, 2 friends today, my half brother tomorrow, another friend next monday, then another friend next tuesday

bloody hell!

I'm assuming by today you mean the 9th so, go them! Woo! :facepalm:

What a way to celebrate. I get to go to a 9am microeconomics test. :thumbsup:

the quest to get laid is progressing then huh walshie? :facepalm:

A thought occurred on my way home: I am one charming mother****in' pig.

-Elwood Blues

The Quest called derailment is also rather close to fruition ...

:p I think you posted this in the wrong thread Fio.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell