What are you playing now

Gorth

I just finished KOTOR2 the Sith Lords. Worth every penny.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I am playing through The Darkness, a console FPS.

I normally dislike console FPS games just because I find aiming incredibly cumbersome. This game fortunately had enough powers and helpful auto-aiming to make playing through it less annoying.

You play as Jackie Estacado, who wields the powers of Darkness. He is a mob hitman with his Uncle Paulie as the Don. Well, things turn a little sour between them and the game is about revenge and discovering why you have the powers of Darkness.

FPS games don't interest me as much because I usually find their story elements lacking and the gameplay elements repetitive. There is only so much running and shooting you can do before every FPS starts to feel like the same game in different settings.

But The Darkness has a pretty engaging story that made me want to keep playing. The voice acting was good along with the graphics and animation. Instead of playing a soldier type who single-handedly stops an entire alien army and saves humanity, you're just a mob hitman with a very personal vendetta (and scary powers). The story was more personal and thus more engaging. It didn't have the set pieces and intensity of Killzone 2, but it was a much more engaging game. I stopped playing Killzone 2 after the 2nd mission since it seemed like your run of the mill FPS, despite having awesome production values.

I am playing through The Darkness, a console FPS.

that game was great. a sleeper gem.

it has flaws, but its WELL worth playing through once for the story and atmosphere.

i actually cared about what was happening! thats so hard to find in console shooters.

also check out the story line for cod 4. there are a couple of cool missions that I found to be very well done (I'll just say "sniper missions" and you'll know what I mean)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Another example of Starzbreeze taking(actually being forced) a horrible setting and making a decent game out of it. I mean, the Darkness?! That waste of paper makes Witchblade seem like a good idea.

Ive almost finished Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood and thats also a gem in hiding. It seems a bit dodgy at first, but it is a good shooter with a story to it. I really like the voice acting aswell, Ray McCall in perticular.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Another example of Starzbreeze taking(actually being forced) a horrible setting and making a decent game out of it. I mean, the Darkness?! That waste of paper makes Witchblade seem like a good idea.
Aren't those sharing the same universe?

the Darkness?! That waste of paper makes Witchblade seem like a good idea.
Aren't those sharing the same universe?

Yup, Darkness is a spinoff from Witchblade... which in turn is a spinoff from Spawn.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Shadow Complex.

Same. Played the trial yestarday and just bought it now. So I've got a weekend of this, ME and GTA4.

Also, I love The Darkness. Much better than the source material.

Witchblade... which in turn is a spinoff from Spawn.

No it's not. Why do you lie?

Edited by Hell Kitty

How is it?

I suspect he'll say something like "mindless fun." :lol:

That's the truth, anyone expecting something revolutionary will just be pissed. It's a fun game and we need more like that.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I've just finished Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis, and really enjoyed it. :verymad: I'm thinking I might play through Post Mortem and Stll Life again, then try Still Life 2 - apparently it has an actual ending!

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

There more i play Shadow Complex the more i'm convinced it's the best deal i got for my money in a long long while.

I just completed it at 100%. It was fab, I need more games like this.

They have a whole bunch of Orson Scott Card books to get the plots from, so I wouldn't worry.

There more i play Shadow Complex the more i'm convinced it's the best deal i got for my money in a long long while.

I just completed it at 100%. It was fab, I need more games like this.

They have a whole bunch of Orson Scott Card books to get the plots from, so I wouldn't worry.

If by "a whole bunch" you mean "two", then sure. The game isn't particularly plot heavy, though.

Mount & Blade is pretty awesome.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: