What are you playing now

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Getting close to the end of Dead Space. After much Obelisk pushing and shoving, I met the end boss. It sure is BOSS sized :x

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Continuing my game of BG2 with my Ranger, soon to be cleric. I managed to clear out the Umar Hills last night, but I ended up resorting to cheese to kill the dragon. I tried about 5 times to take him out with my group of level 9-11 characters, but my lack of remove fear was really my downfall. If I had been able to protect myself from that I probably would have been able to take him out properly, but not once did Minsc or I make our saves against that spell leaving me with an under-equipped Mazzy, Yoshimo, Jaheira and Kelsey who was 5000xp from learning his second level 5 spell (lower resistance to go with breach). As you can imagine, things did not go well. I managed to get the dragon down to badly injured 3/5 times and once got him to near death with only my main character still running around in hasted fear.

In the end I used Yoshimo to lay down a bunch of traps in front of the dragon that did around 100 damage to him as soon as he went hostile. Myself and Minsc were promptly sent running in fear again, but a couple acid arrows from Yoshimo and several Flame Arrows from Kelsey took the dragon down before he managed to cause too much trouble.

The worst part though was coming outside, beating the crap out of the Shade Lord and then as soon as the area transitioned to sunlight having a group of people show up to kill me (Thank you Jaheira side quests. :x). Having them spawn right in the middle of my group was a complete pain in the ass and in the end I glitched past them as well, although not intentionally. The third time they spawned as soon as the shade lord died, before the area transition. When the transition was made, the group didn't reappear with me so I missed out on some loot and a stupid annoying fight.

Currently about to clear out the graveyard and then I'm off to Spellhold! :lol:

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Getting close to the end of Dead Space. After much Obelisk pushing and shoving, I met the end boss. It sure is BOSS sized :x

Complete with shiny weak points too.

Not a very fun boss when you find out that its incredibly stupid and easy to dodge, but still awesome and somewhat troubling when he starts grabbing you. :D

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I ordered Baldur's Gate off Amazon so I look forward to playing that in a couple days. It comes with Tales of the Sword Coast, which I never played, so I'm interested in seeing that.

I ended up missing all the TotSC stuff when I played a couple weeks ago. Supposedly Durlag's Tower is a huge pain in the ass, but also the best dungeon in the series. I ended up running away when I got my butt handed to me by the battle horrors outside the tower. :ermm:

Just entered the Underdark. Things have been going pretty well. Just 150k experience from getting my last 1/2 attack and then I can dual over to cleric which will probably make the rest of the Underdark a huge pain in the ass for my level 1 cleric. I did manage to pick up the Shield of Balduran so I suppose I can go kill some Beholders to grab some experience once the time rolls around.

Spellhold was a huge pain in the butt. Minsc ran through the outside of the asylum smashing all the shadows and wraiths with his trusty mace of disruption and an application of improved haste. One of the wraiths managed to get in a lucky hit and level drained Minsc and I didn't have access to Restoration spells of my own. Instead of jumping back to town and the temple and pressed on. Eventually I ended up getting dumped into gauntlet and within moments all 5 of my characters were below 50% health and I had no healing spells left. The Ring of Regeneration takes far too long to heal 5 people from near dead to full. :thumbsup:

Later on Minsc ended up getting level drained again by Dace so I was stuck with a level 4 Minsc until I could get back to the town and the temple. A level 4 Minsc when you are fighting Minotaurs, Trolls and lots of Golems is just not much use. I got through the dungeon with a lot of patience and plenty of Improved Haste on my ranger.

i've played the BGs so many times now i go straight for maximizing levels and loot and simply tinkering with different NPCs for the quest differences. ultimately, i should max out experience for everyone through ToB (which is 8 million IIRC). my romp through the series this time has all my characters at about 2.5 million and i'm in chapter 6 cleaning up all the miscellaneous quests (a few strongholds to do, kangaxx, etc.) yay... there's simply nothing else i feel like playing right now.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I ordered Baldur's Gate off Amazon so I look forward to playing that in a couple days. It comes with Tales of the Sword Coast, which I never played, so I'm interested in seeing that.

I ended up missing all the TotSC stuff when I played a couple weeks ago. Supposedly Durlag's Tower is a huge pain in the ass, but also the best dungeon in the series. I ended up running away when I got my butt handed to me by the battle horrors outside the tower. :thumbsup:

Watchers Keep is better, much better.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I don't know. Durlag's Tower had the better story which was delivered effectively throughout the dungeon, whereas WK's was hardly interesting until the final dilemma. DT also really really had you on tenterhooks watching out for traps, and made you really scared to touch anything, which is virtually unique in all IE game levels. Finally, DT had the chessboard fight. :D

My epic trilogy run is in Sendai's Enclave, although I already finished WK. Just Abazigal, Balthazar then the final fight. TOB really needed a big proper city with lots of quests and talking (as well as providing a middle-step in loot/xp development), Amkethran really kind of sucks.

Guest Slinky
TOB really needed a big proper city with lots of quests and talking (as well as providing a middle-step in loot/xp development), Amkethran really kind of sucks.

I disagree. In the beginning of ToB, you know very well what you are and what must be done, so it's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum to the epic end. There was enough adventuring already in SoA.

In the other news, once I get my xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver for PC, I'm gonna start full playthrough in legacy of kain games. Except the first blood omen, story is good, the game itself not so.

Edited by Slinky

Whenever I try to replay one of the BG games (my last serious run was about 5 years ago), I am reminded of how much my tolerance for grindy combat has declined over the years. I can't imagine putting the time in to get through the portions of BG1 that precede your arrival at the title city.

Edit: I'm still playing Bloodlines, although I haven't booted it up in a couple of days. My Tremere is currently exporing the Hollywood hub, acquiring sidequests and such.

Edited by Enoch

Whenever I try to replay one of the BG games (my last serious run was about 5 years ago), I am reminded of how much my tolerance for grindy combat has declined over the years. I can't imagine putting the time in to get through the portions of BG1 that precede your arrival at the title city.

Edit: I'm still playing Bloodlines, although I haven't booted it up in a couple of days. My Tremere is currently exporing the Hollywood hub, acquiring sidequests and such.

Hight five! Tremere are awesome!

Finished Fallout (w/ hi-res mod). It had been a few years since I played it, so I had forgotten a lot of things. I remembered why I liked this game so much. The game world is still a bit small, especially when compared to FO2.

I just finished installing FO2 and Killap's Restoration Patch, which I had been wanting to try for a while. It's time for a change, so I'm going to see how far can I get with a melee-oriented character. I didn't want to gimp my character quite completely, so no, I didn't get "Heavy Handed", no matter how tempting it may be.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I just bought Sam & Max part one, just finished Abe Lincoln Must Die! Man, a few of those puzzles had me ripping my hair out trying to figure them out (I don't use walkthroughs). Really enjoying this new series and the new engine/interface. And 1280 x 960 resolution support! <3

I just bought Sam & Max part one, just finished Abe Lincoln Must Die! Man, a few of those puzzles had me ripping my hair out trying to figure them out (I don't use walkthroughs).

Try downloading and playing Discworld.

*evil chuckle*

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Guest Slinky
I just bought Sam & Max part one, just finished Abe Lincoln Must Die! Man, a few of those puzzles had me ripping my hair out trying to figure them out (I don't use walkthroughs). Really enjoying this new series and the new engine/interface. And 1280 x 960 resolution support! <3

Abe Lincoln Must Die is possibly the hardest of season 1. Did you find the easter egg? Next two are easier and even funnier.

I just bought Sam & Max part one, just finished Abe Lincoln Must Die! Man, a few of those puzzles had me ripping my hair out trying to figure them out (I don't use walkthroughs).

Try downloading and playing Discworld.

*evil chuckle*

Is discworld harder than gabriel knight 1? If it is, I'm gonna stay the hell away from it.

Prototype - It's been good so far -even on my "craptop" it, somehow, looks better than on the 360- and I think it will be enough to hold me over until October and November. ;)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Is discworld harder than gabriel knight 1? If it is, I'm gonna stay the hell away from it.

Much harder or rather much more illogical.

Discworld is not that difficult. Simon the Sorcerer 2 is :DD

Funny, I found Simon 2 much easier, but that was in another lifetime.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg