What are you playing now

Gorth

I'm about to fix the power plant in Gecko. Fun times.

ahhhh the power plant.... I've fixed you so many times and yet every new game.... there you are again.

i think i can almost do that whole questline with my eyes closed now.

fantastic game

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm about to fix the power plant in Gecko. Fun times.

ahhhh the power plant.... I've fixed you so many times and yet every new game.... there you are again.

i think i can almost do that whole questline with my eyes closed now.

fantastic game

That was always my favourite quest, but mainly because I liked pissing off the Enclave trooper. :ermm:

The Path - It's an interesting game, but good so far. Hopefully I'll be able to use the Steam-version CD-key with a non-Steam version as well (id est Mount & Blade) so I can install it that way if needed. :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Fallout 3. Bought the Point Lookout/Broken Steel expansion.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Just finished Gothic II for the first time. The final chapter was probably the most infuriating moment in all my gaming. The game started experiencing horrible slowdowns on a PC 7 generations ahead of its recommended requirements and it drove me insane, trying to fight the last boss with 10-15fps.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa128577730679673636.jpg

The fact that the last chapter was one of the stupidest and most boring dungeon crawls I've ever seen didn't help. What a way to ruin a great game. The first three chapters are very interesting and fun to play, the fourth and fifth a rehash of previous ones and the last one is worse than all of them.

Unforgivable.

8/10 and that's a gift.

*Still is the only game that can claim to have a living and breathing world

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Playing Deus Ex, not going through in any particular playstyle although tending to the sneaky and non-lethal. Meant to finish this game..uh..7 years ago, but university and other games got in the way and then my CD got wrecked.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Drakensang is great. Right now I am making (relatively) tons of money by letting my charlatan Gladys pickpocket every single NPC in the city... she even managed to successfully pickpocket the Duke. Great fun.

I find the setting quite intriguing, too. It's apparently as detailed as Elder Scrolls, but until now I haven't really found much in the way of lore books to read like in Morrowind.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Drakensang is great. Right now I am making (relatively) tons of money by letting my charlatan Gladys pickpocket every single NPC in the city... she even managed to successfully pickpocket the Duke. Great fun.

I find the setting quite intriguing, too. It's apparently as detailed as Elder Scrolls, but until now I haven't really found much in the way of lore books to read like in Morrowind.

I said it was as well. Its grades were unfairly low in major magazines/sites, since its not much worse than NWN2 and some things are even better.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

dungeonkeeper 2: sooooooo fun! but it keeps crashing in vista. looks like yet another game i need to muck with to get playable because vista and videogames don't mix.

the neverhood: this is WAY too hard for me. I don't have the patience for these kinds of trial and error puzzles anymore (i dont think I ever did). which is a shame because the art and music are beyond top-notch.

amazon told me that I wont be getting my batman game till late next week.... so if I can't get dungeon keeper 2 running, i'm gonna buy shadow complex while i wait

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

yeah i looked up some reviews of drakensang on metacritic.... not exactly stellar. I'll pass, but maybe if 5 years from now people can't stop talking about how great a game it was I'll go back and check it out.

kinda like what happened to me with STALKER, except it was only 2 years later. that was actually a really awesome game in need of a really good sequel that fixes all the problems the original had

yeah i looked up some reviews of drakensang on metacritic.... not exactly stellar. I'll pass, but maybe if 5 years from now people can't stop talking about how great a game it was I'll go back and check it out.

kinda like what happened to me with STALKER, except it was only 2 years later. that was actually a really awesome game in need of a really good sequel that fixes all the problems the original had

Its a generic fantasy NWN2 style RPG with pretty graphics, nice music, relaxing atmosphere and in the right mindset - very fun to play. The plot and quests are trivial, but the combat, party mechanics, excellent optimization for weaker PCs and cute atmosphere render it very playable.

Charming, if not exactly original is how I'd sum it up.

Party based, stat heavy RPGs are rarer than water in the desert these days, but they are my kind of thing so it might not fit everyone...

logosig2.jpg

i can see the appeal, but for myself I need very compelling characters/plot to draw me into an rpg. stats just bore me if there is no compelling plot to lure me in.

So I either need to feel compelled by fun gameplay, or drawn into the story and characters. this is why NWN2 rates as just barely above average. The plot is far from compelling and the gameplay is just ho-hum. I never felt the need to see what happened next, or what lay around the next corner. the only really great part of the game I thought was the trial scenes and build up, mostly because I had no idea what was going to happen next and I couldnt wait to find out. after that was over I got bored again.

Its a generic fantasy NWN2 style RPG with pretty graphics, nice music, relaxing atmosphere and in the right mindset - very fun to play. The plot and quests are trivial, but the combat, party mechanics, excellent optimization for weaker PCs and cute atmosphere render it very playable.

Charming, if not exactly original is how I'd sum it up.

Party based, stat heavy RPGs are rarer than water in the desert these days, but they are my kind of thing so it might not fit everyone...

I can honestly say that it's the prettiest RPG I have ever seen. It really does make you feel like you are in the beautiful green world, and my character looked surprisingly good as well.

drakensangtheriveroftime016.jpg

drakensangtheriveroftime025.jpg

Edited by Purkake

Yes, Its artistic design was obviously made by people who knew how to bring out the important things in each scene - as in knowing what real "fairy tale" beauty is. There is no substitution for the eye of a real artist. I cant praise them enough for that.

I think its German perfectionism at work. Gothic III owned Oblivion in terms of graphical beauty.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

The Dark Eye universe is as old and generic as Forgotten Realms... it exists for 20+ years & there are tons of books fleshing out the world (I did some digging)... it even exceeds Elder Scrolls in material. The old Realms of Arcania games took part in the north-eastern part of the world, Drakensang right in the centre.

I generally don't care much about plot or characters, it's mainly about the world & its lore/history for me and in this regard Drakensang delivers. That said, I do appreciate Drakensang's characters - characters don't need to talk my ears off about their childhood every 5 minutes in order for me to appreciate them. The game's atmosphere & music are amazing -- it really feels like stepping into a fairytale from the brothers Grimm (an obvious inspiration for the designers, maybe?)... when it comes to graphics & art design I think it's on par with the Witcher... totally blows away NWN 2 imo... and heck the in-game models even blow away the ones I've seen in DA:O.

After playing & finishing Divinity 2 it seems another European developed game is going to be a real winner (for me)... and I'm certain the same will hold true for Risen.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Am also having fun with a BG2 campaign

i think you and i have some sort of record with this. i'm getting to the point that i can't finish ToB anymore, however. it's sort of stale and contrived. too cliched, actually, focusing on all the cool things in BG2, e.g., assembling cool weapons, but not enough of its own while making the cool things from BG2 cheesy.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

The game's atmosphere & music are amazing -- it really feels like stepping into a fairytale from the brothers Grimm (an obvious inspiration for the designers, maybe?)... when it comes to graphics & art design I think it's on par with the Witcher... totally blows away NWN 2 imo... and heck the in-game models even blow away the ones I've seen in DA:O.

Its like an inverse mirror of the Witcher, that was beauty of a somber sort, of a "doomed" world... this is more like pure fairy tale beauty. Yes it eats NWN2 for breakfast.

I think there is something about the european approach to visual art in games that only someone from europe can fully appreciate. I look at the nature in the Witcher and literally see my countryside and also feel it. Its like its instantly familiar. I look at Oblivion's nature and all I see is made up world with twenty types of grass and trees but nothing alike the real world whether in a realistic (Witcher/Gothic) or symbolic (Drakensang) manner. Err - artificial seems to sum it up best.

logosig2.jpg

"characters don't need to talk my ears off about their childhood every 5 minutes in order for me to appreciate them."

just thought I'd pull this out as an example of BAD characters. the kind who make me LESS interested in the story and want to stop playing (see mass effect).

A good character isn't annoying, talking about your broken childhood every 5 minutes is annoying.

some game developers and writers think to be interesting a character must be "tortured". which is untrue. sure a tortured character can sometimes be interesting, but its far far from a requirement.