What are you playing now

Gorth

I've re-installed Spellforce 2 and am currently replaying it. Not because I find the game so good it deserves a second chance (I never finished it the first time), but because I have an RPG itch that just has to be scratched and nothing seems to be released. Ever. There are like a ton of interesting games on the horizon, but they will all be released within a month of each other. Annoying.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Guest Slinky
Just to be clear - ME2 doesn't require to have ME1 savegames, right? What advantage do I have if I use ME1 savegames in advance?

No, ME2 doesn't require a save from ME. But you should get some extra scenes/dialogues if you use a save from ME.

Guest Slinky

When you start ME2, it will ask a bunch of questions where you can decide what happened in ME. I think some dev at bio said that there is no "canon" but who knows.

Guest Slinky
That's fairly annoying, my saves are on the 360 which I no longer own.

I don't think you will miss anything big if you don't use a save, most likely the extra stuff is just some epilogues for minor characters from ME1 who gave some little quests.

I could import, but I'd rather start fresh and maybe make my character look like a human being this time :)

Apparently you can do that while transferring your saves.

I'm still thinking about getting the steam version of ME, since ME2 will be released on both PC&360 simultaneously.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I could import, but I'd rather start fresh and maybe make my character look like a human being this time :)

I'm still thinking about getting the steam version of ME, since ME2 will be released on both PC&360 simultaneously.

You know that the retail version of ME is by now a lot cheaper than the Steam version?

You know that the retail version of ME is by now a lot cheaper than the Steam version?

Depends on where you are. Mass Effect (Steam) looks like the same as retail price here if you don't count the exchange rate which would add a couple dollars to the total.

Not in Aus. $49.99 retail, $29.99 on steam(works out at $35AUD).

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

BATMAN!

I bought it after hearing the good reviews. about ten minutes in I was thinking "I've made a big mistake..." - the game felt shallow and stiff and lifeless, the combat seemed terribly unfun and maybe even bad

two hours later: I love this game!!

- level design is fantastic,

- animations are decent (still a little stiff sometimes compared to assassins creed or prince of persia)

- art direction is great (arkham island is very cool to just wander around)

- character design is strong (particularly croc and scarecrow)

- boss battles are fun and varied (scarecrow v bane = TOTALLY different)

- combat eventually becomes very satisfying, I actually wish there were more enemies around for me to beat on. those knife guys can be a bitch when there are more than 1 in a group and choose to just jump into the fight fists first

- its really really nice to be able to choose how to attack enemies (either pick them off slowly like a predator, or just jump in and pound some faces in)

- bullets kill batman!!!

now I want this new studio to make every superhero game!! they would be great for a spiderman game or captain america, or a TON of others, as long as they put the same amount of care and thought into each and made efforts for them each to stand out as different.... I smell the sweet smell of success!!!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Guest Slinky
But does the retail version live on the cloud, to be downloaded on your every whim?

No, it lives in my closet, waiting to be installed in 3 minutes, instead of 3 hours.

But does the retail version live on the cloud, to be downloaded on your every whim?

No, it lives in my closet, waiting to be installed in 3 minutes, instead of 3 hours.

Your internet sucks :p

Also, it takes up space in your closet and could get misplaced/destroyed/lost.

You can register your retail copy of any steam-enabled game on steam so you can download it from there anytime, you know? :p

ME2 has simultaneous release? :D Yay! My saves are on the 360 which is a broken pile of crap, but now I can get the PC version right away and fix me up some saves

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You can register your retail copy of any steam-enabled game on steam so you can download it from there anytime, you know? :p

ME2 has simultaneous release? :D Yay! My saves are on the 360 which is a broken pile of crap, but now I can get the PC version right away and fix me up some saves

Here's a list of games that you can register on Steam. You can't register Mass Effect.