What are you playing now

Gorth

Guest Slinky
Your internet sucks :p

Also, it takes up space in your closet and could get misplaced/destroyed/lost.

Well it aint the fastest in the world, 3Mb/1Mb, but if you show me a line that downloads ME in less than 5 minutes, I'll show you a car that goes faster than sound.

And how the hell you misplace/destroy/lose something that has been stored in closet?

Nah, I'm a sucker for material stuff :p

There's been plenty of cars that can go faster than the speed of sound.

I prefer setting something to download and doing other stuff instead of having to dig out the disc(s) and messing around with them.

EDIT: Apparently there's only one...

Edited by Purkake

When you start ME2, it will ask a bunch of questions where you can decide what happened in ME.

i just saw this.

is there proof of this? it would certainly save me the hassle of replaying the game just to make sure kaidan is dead and ashley lives.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

When you start ME2, it will ask a bunch of questions where you can decide what happened in ME.

i just saw this.

is there proof of this? it would certainly save me the hassle of replaying the game just to make sure kaidan is dead and ashley lives.

No. Evidence points to the opposite.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I finally beat Ascension fair and square on Core. After a few attempts that did not go well I finally managed to get off to a decent start and actually made the most of the Bhaal abilities this time around. Controlled a couple demons that otherwise would have been a huge pain in the ass and used my immunity to time stop to good effect before the big boss came in to make a mess of things and I only had to raise one character in the middle of the fight! Party was PC Ranger/Cleric (13/26-ish), Minsc, Kelsey, Imoen, Sarevok (17-21 Ftr/Thf) + Balthazar

Everything started with getting fully buffed by the final pool, Improved Alacrity+Robe of Vecna makes mage buffing go so very much faster and prevents the shorter buffs from running out before you've finished the rest of them. It was a little difficult trying to figure out just how hurt my fighters were because each of them had at least three rows of icons covering their portrait with my PC being completely covered by buff icons. Starting summons were 1 Planetar, 1 Deva and 3 Mord's Swords.

First thing was have Kelsey cast Timestop and lay down a bunch of de-buffs on the group to the right while my PC ran over to Yaga-Shura and Harm'd him before casting Globe of Blades and wailing on Sendai for a little bit. From there it get's a little hazy. I don't remember when Illesara actually went down, I just remember not being pelted with arrows of dispelling anymore so Balthazar must have taken her out at some point on his own. Melissan warped in and made herself a huge pain in the ass as I had to constant breach her globe of blades to prevent her running through my group and whacking them all.

Sendai teleported away and Abazigal got punched over to the opposite side of the map by Balthazar and didn't come back for a little while so while I had the free time I had my three fighters pound Gromnir into the ground and quickly heal up as Abazigal finally decides to come back around. Melissan at this point is running all over the map being chased by Balthazar who is doing a great job of keeping her away from me. Abazigal goes down to the combined might of my three tanks. The PC goes over to distract Melissan while Minsc and Sarevok lay a beat down on Sendai. At this point Melissan decides to gate in a crap load of demons. She had a Marilith from awhile back that was somehow held at the top of the map, a balor was gated in which I promptly controlled while Balthazar covered me and then two Babau came in which fought with the controlled Balor.

After Sendai goes down, Minsc and Sarevok quickly take down the rest of the demons and everyone gangs up on Melissan who just sits there taking 5 or so damage per hit. Imoen casts wish and has the party's spells renewed since I was out of was to breach combat protections, my level 5 spells long since gone and wands of spell striking used up. Improved Alacrity + Summon Planetar and I now have 3 tanks + Balthazar and a Planetar all improved hasted and pounding away. Melissan goes down 2 rounds later and I've finally beaten taken one character from the beginning of BG1 all the way through to the end of ToB without cheating and a minimum of cheese. I'm sure I'm missing a fair bit of that last battle, but I think I've got most of it down. It only took me all summer to finally get through the series.

Now I just need to figure out what to play next. :wacko:

Playing through EU3 with IN and NA as I said, and having a computer that can handle it is delightful. Milan, as usual.

I enjoy the TW-style missions you get, but I wish I knew about the fact that Historical rulers = no Royal marriages = you have to fail those RM missions you get. Also, you still end up getting a giant blobular terror aka Austria with historical Lucky, so I have to cheat in every 50 years and get rid of their entire armies (and declare a couple of silly wars), or they just go Genghis Khan on all of Europe. Hmph.

Building up a trade empire as usual but also getting a sizable hold on Northern Italy. Venice is isolated but a massive pirate fleet with about 10 carracks has terrorised the seas there fore decades, so they're effectively immune from invasion. :/ Maybe I'll just go colonise, but Portugal seems to have conquered most of the east coast (of US) already.

What are you talking about? When did this change? What evidence?

Edited by Slinky

What are you talking about? When did this change? What evidence?

Christina Norman is 'Lead System Designer'

Posted 07/18/09 01:15 (GMT) by Christina Norman

Posted 07/14/09 23:47 (GMT) by mudling

However, in saying that, i'm hoping that we get a plethora of choices when starting a new game in to depict what happened in ME1, not just one cannon start, because I realy don't want to play through ME1 several times to get a better start for ME2

I wouldn't hold my breath for that! The ME2 story will be awesome no matter what, but certain content is only going to be available based on your actions in ME1 imported through your save game.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Playing through EU3 with IN and NA as I said, and having a computer that can handle it is delightful. Milan, as usual.

I enjoy the TW-style missions you get, but I wish I knew about the fact that Historical rulers = no Royal marriages = you have to fail those RM missions you get. Also, you still end up getting a giant blobular terror aka Austria with historical Lucky, so I have to cheat in every 50 years and get rid of their entire armies (and declare a couple of silly wars), or they just go Genghis Khan on all of Europe. Hmph.

Building up a trade empire as usual but also getting a sizable hold on Northern Italy. Venice is isolated but a massive pirate fleet with about 10 carracks has terrorised the seas there fore decades, so they're effectively immune from invasion. :/ Maybe I'll just go colonise, but Portugal seems to have conquered most of the east coast (of US) already.

I prefer to play without the traditional lucky nations... Busy building up my Byzantine Empire so I can get back at the Franks and get revenge for the infamous crusade. There is a way of removing pirates once you get fed up with them (if you don't mind fiddling around a bit with your save file) :wacko:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i downloaded the drakensang demo. is there no way to implement a mouse look? am i stuck in the level (with the ground) view permanently? that makes control of your character very difficult. i won't buy it if this is true.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

i downloaded the drakensang demo. is there no way to implement a mouse look? am i stuck in the level (with the ground) view permanently? that makes control of your character very difficult. i won't buy it if this is true.

taks

Press & hold right mouse button to move around the camera freely. The camera is insufferable at times, but nothing I haven't been through before with NWN2.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Christina Norman is 'Lead System Designer'

Posted 07/18/09 01:15 (GMT) by Christina Norman

Posted 07/14/09 23:47 (GMT) by mudling

However, in saying that, i'm hoping that we get a plethora of choices when starting a new game in to depict what happened in ME1, not just one cannon start, because I realy don't want to play through ME1 several times to get a better start for ME2

I wouldn't hold my breath for that! The ME2 story will be awesome no matter what, but certain content is only going to be available based on your actions in ME1 imported through your save game.

Goddammit! So they are taking the easy way out after all. Another linear not-a-single-choice-matters -shooter, coming up!

Whoa now! Cool your boots, Nostradamus. Choice still matters, just ready a Shepard of your own making if you don't want canon.

Sorry, didn't notice my right boot was smoking while the left was tanking up it's car. :rolleyes:

But if the game can read your choices from a save, why not let people without a save change things? Shouldn't be hard to do. Nah, looks like the choices from ME doesn't change much in ME2. Now while I think about it, I don't even know why I expected otherwise. There would be way too much work to do if those choices would change things majorly.

Whoa now! Cool your boots, Nostradamus. Choice still matters, just ready a Shepard of your own making if you don't want canon.

Sorry, didn't notice my right boot was smoking while the left was tanking up it's car. :rolleyes:

But if the game can read your choices from a save, why not let people without a save change things? Shouldn't be hard to do. Nah, looks like the choices from ME doesn't change much in ME2. Now while I think about it, I don't even know why I expected otherwise. There would be way too much work to do if those choices would change things majorly.

I'm sure there will be a save editor out within ~12h of the release.

The camera is insufferable at times, but nothing I haven't been through before with NWN2.

ah, thanks. insufferable indeed. i guess it's good they put it in such a gawdawful default because otherwise i would not have complained, and would have just limped along annoyed.

i don't have any issues with the NWN2 camera other than the way it deals with occlusions (or rather, doesn't deal). just put it in the proper mode and all is well.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

As I type I am downloading Mysteries of Westgate (first time I've bought and downloaded a game from a D/L site). So I'll be playing that for the next week or two and will jot down some thoughts as and when work allows.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

As I type I am downloading Mysteries of Westgate (first time I've bought and downloaded a game from a D/L site). So I'll be playing that for the next week or two and will jot down some thoughts as and when work allows.

Cheers

MC

I really enjoyed MoW, well worth $10.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

The camera is insufferable at times, but nothing I haven't been through before with NWN2.

ah, thanks. insufferable indeed. i guess it's good they put it in such a gawdawful default because otherwise i would not have complained, and would have just limped along annoyed.

i don't have any issues with the NWN2 camera other than the way it deals with occlusions (or rather, doesn't deal). just put it in the proper mode and all is well.

taks

Using the mouse to move around like in NWN is annoying since the camera resets everytime behind your characters after clicking. It's best to use WASD to move around while controlling the camera with the right mouse button.

That said, some fights in this game can get really intense & come quite unexpected... fought through an entire castle ruin filled with mooks yesterday until I reached a boss surrounded by enemies that looked exactly like said mooks but were in fact quite the opposite... turning what I expected to be a casual wipe-out into an intense battle to the death.

It also seems Elves are quite overpowered in the game because they can cast almost all spells in the game regardless whether they're fighter or ranger.

What I like in this game is that unlike in D&D where it is raining +3 longswords, enchanted armors & rings/amulets of uber awsomness are found basically in every chest/barrel, there is no fancy magical weaponry & armor and magical trinkets are rare too. You and your party are run-off-the-mill schmucks just like the mooks you're mowing down with abandon. Not to mention, leveling up is quite slow as well & combat magic, while powerful, should be used with extreme caution since it usually takes very long to cast.

The only minor complaint (besides the camera) is that I think followers should have been developed a wee bit more... they're basically slightly above SoZ level... I did a follower quest yesterday and when things were done expected some new dialogue revelations, but there was nothing. *shrug* That said, though, I probably find the followers so interesting because they reveal practically nothing about themselves... same happened to me with the ones in SoZ. I reckon having them read aloud their personal diaries to me, BioWare style, would just destroy them in my eyes as usual.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Are you talking about Drakensang?

BTW the camera works great with the WASD keys + right mouse button. I dont see why people are moaning about it. I also like how the camera doesnt allow you to zoom out in underground/enclosed areas . The NWN2 camera which shows all the walls and corridors totally breaks my immersion and feels like playing a lab rat.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life