Awesome/interesting games no one has heard of

Purkake

the only trend I've noticed so far is that 15 years ago RTS games were really popular

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Also, what PC game isn't obscure to players with heavy console background?

Based on that we might as well list any game ever, only a fraction of Earth's population know of them after all.

no, the one for PCs :- forgot to add that small detail. by the way, I just tried looking Gorkamorka games up, and there don't seem to be any. but I remember playing it, something is wrong here...

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Also, what PC game isn't obscure to players with heavy console background?

Based on that we might as well list any game ever, only a fraction of Earth's population know of them after all.

The ones that went multiplatform or have a recent release in the series.

The original idea was to list games that you think are obscure to other people. Obviously it won't be obscure to everyone, but it might clue some new people in and make a nice round hive mind in the end.

no, the one for PCs :- forgot to add that small detail. by the way, I just tried looking Gorkamorka games up, and there don't seem to be any. but I remember playing it, something is wrong here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorkamorka
A video game based on Gorkamorka was planned for the Dreamcast, but was scrapped shortly before the system was discontinued.

I remember there being a demo though.

No wait, there wouldn't be a pc demo for a dc game.

Now I'm confused.

Edited by Oner

right, it was a PC demo, now I remember. the game got canned, yeah. maybe wiki is wrong about the dreamcast part

edit: since we're talking vehicular combat, Bandits was a nice game for PCs, but I found it quite difficult. also, Rock n'Roll Racing 2: Red Asphalt for playstation (haven't played this one in a while).

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

Uh.. I guess we've gone from "awesome/interesting" to "obscure/random name-dropping".

Play it for yourself and see what I mean: http://www.gamershell.com/download_20322.shtml

I have the full version. It is a nice game.

Also:

post-25516-1284715495_thumb.jpg

I remember there being a really weird movie with the same name. Possibly also French.

That's probably Immortals/Immortel ad vitam.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I think everyone has heard of the Myth series :rolleyes:

Eh, not usually. At least not in my social circle, it was kinda an invisible because not many people played games/RTS's at the time. Also it as initially a Mac title.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

everyone i know who games is at least a little familiar with myth, but thats not important, what IS important is how goddamn good those games were and still are.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

right, it was a PC demo, now I remember. the game got canned, yeah. maybe wiki is wrong about the dreamcast part

Multi-platform games have existed for a long time. Gorkamorka was going to be released for Windows and for the Dreamcast.

anyway, Beyond Oasis and Comix Zone were kinda cool for Genesis games.

oh, and Gorkamorka was pretty sick too.

Gorkamorka? For the Genesis? :S

There's never been a Gorkamorka game for the Genesis. The Genesis was discontinued in 1995, the wargame Gorkamorka wasn't released until 1997. The video game was going to come out later, approximately October 2000.

Either way, the Windows demo is still out there. It barely works and would never pass for a demo these days, but it's out there if you want to find it.

Random bit of trivia: In the opening video for the Gorkamorka video game one Ork kisses another, which is more than a little weird, given that there are no Ork women, and even if Orks were known to be gay, they're asexual and have no concept of sexuality. There's a single female Orc that's a Blood Bowl cheerleader, but that's all.

Also:

507361801_56089112.jpg

I remember there being a really weird movie with the same name. Possibly also French.

They're based on the widely acclaimed comic book trilogy by Enki Bilal, you uncultured lout.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

everyone i know who games is at least a little familiar with myth, but thats not important, what IS important is how goddamn good those games were and still are.

Ironically nobody realizes that they stole the stories concept from Glenn Cooks "The Black Company".

http://myth.bungie.org/legends/relics/blackcompany.htm

http://blackco.tripod.com/myth-n-bc.html

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

As from my personal experience no one has ever heard of "Techno Mage" though it was a rather short but nice piece of entertainment around 2001.

What I really enjoyed back then (when it suited my age) was "Torin's Passage", a funny 2D-adventure (which is a freeware today). Anyone ever heard of that?

My goal: To make enough money to hire Jeremy Irons,

voice of Scar from the Lion King,

to follow me around and do my dialogue.

• 10 months later...

You should have compiled a list of everything in the thread then made a new one. :)

Or actually, I could do that. I have spare time always!

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra