Brian and Annie merge into a fearsome beast!

H

[quote name='H

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

All this hate for Disegea art style makes the Prinnies very very sad.

And you don't want them to jump off from a cliff and land atop of you in a gigantic explosion.

I just can't believe that there are people who are willing to play the game enough to level all they stuff to lv 9999, it's worse than drugs.

Volourn hates all things awesome.

Heja Sverige!!

I do hate him. He's tall and smart and a successful writer and starting a PC RPG company with the help of an awesome game designing lady. He must be evil.

Heja Sverige!!

A bit of info about DoubleBear's game here. There will be a bigger announcement on 8/5, apparently.

IIRC a few people at Obsidian are on 6 month to 1 year contracts, the rest are permanent.

But certainly Brian wasn't a contractor. But if it is his volition to form his own company and do some hardcore games, he's certainly welcome.

Btw how's that ex-Troika team making "Dropship" doing? I heard they use Source engine and turn-based combat. I want that.

It's still in development. Laidback Gaming have updated their website with a new splash-screen some months ago. There's also a Dropship cinematic done in UE3 at Applied Cinematics' website, McCarthy worked there last year and, if you look closely, the spaceship is the same one McCarthy had shown to the Codex.

Edited by deadlus

-Set during the breakdown of society as emergence of zombies causes widespread panic and disorder.

-Slow, shambling zombies. Spreads like a virus/bite transmission. No, you are not a zombie, that would be stupid.

-Serious examination of a national crisis or natural disaster. Humans and a lack of order are a bigger threat than the undead. Think Hurricane Katrina, Children of Men, Dawn of the Dead NOT Resident Evil, Return of the Living Dead, zombie shooter-type games.

-Game is about survival. Scavenging resources, exploring the area, dealing with other survivors, and managing a

-Set during the breakdown of society as emergence of zombies causes widespread panic and disorder.

-Slow, shambling zombies. Spreads like a virus/bite transmission. No, you are not a zombie, that would be stupid.

-Serious examination of a national crisis or natural disaster. Humans and a lack of order are a bigger threat than the undead. Think Hurricane Katrina, Children of Men, Dawn of the Dead NOT Resident Evil, Return of the Living Dead, zombie shooter-type games.

-Game is about survival. Scavenging resources, exploring the area, dealing with other survivors, and managing a

Oh Jimmy, you were so funny.

Don't let me down.

From habit he lifts his watch; it shows him its blank face.

Zero hour, Snowman thinks. Time to go.

Well.

Belabored-geek-trend surfing aside, the concept is a very strong one, and this is relevant to my interests. One of the things I got bummed about when Aliens got canceled was the fact that there weren't any horrific games being created. This turns things around.

At first the involvement of Iron Tower gave me pause, as the stuff I had read regarding Age of Decadence had been relatively uninteresting, the characters all fashioned from the same gray, sour-faced template and everything about it being defined more by what it wasn't than what it was. But effective horror does not necessarily require effective characterization, and the phallic thud of Codexian writing could possibly suit the setting, which is bound to be an extended riff on the Hobbesian state of war. Depending on how strategic the combat turns out to be this could be one to watch.

Edited by Pop

[quote name='H

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

-Game is about survival. Scavenging resources, exploring the area, dealing with other survivors, and managing a “shelter” of sorts are the main focus of the game. More on this later.

-Game is open-ended. There are characters and events that could happen, but the story depends on where you go, what you do, and who you meet. Of course, there’s a lot more to this and we'll go into more details as time goes on.

All in the glorious AoD engine. :shrugz:

Why can't they use the source engine, plenty of indie developers use it well so it can't be that expensive to use. Although it wouldn't be turn based anymore...

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

The game is isometric, and I'm sure Source is way more than they can afford, since there's no financing so far as I know.

Well then they should get some financing and use Obs Onyx or Bio's Eclipse. The game idea is too good to use on the AoD engine.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

The game idea is too good to use on the AoD engine.

What's wrong with the AoD engine again?

Quite simply, it's ugly when compared to Eclipse and (I assume) Onyx. Now I know there is a massive difference between indie and major dev house, but I would still prefer to play it on a engine that I enjoyed aesthetically. Now I'm not saying I won't buy it if it's made with the AoD engine, just offering my opinion on what engine I would rather see it developed on.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif