What are you playing now

Gorth

Obviously he should use the unofficial patch that I linked above to fix all the millions of bugs left after the second official patch, right?

Nope. Too many things are changed, for that. Also, the 1.2 patch is really not that buggy. :sorcerer:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

For me, Bloodlines was ok until I played a Malkavian. Then it became pure awesomeness.

I skimmed over the manual, and it did seem like that invisibility ability they get would be near-game-breakingly powerful... Besides that, the 'socialite-ish' clan and the 'establishment' clan also interested me as the most 'traditional-Dracula' kind of bloodsuckers.

I found Malkavian to be the hardest to complete the game with, since they aren't really well equipped for "boss fights". I had to side with Ming to complete the game :(

The ending of that playthrough made me chuckle though, rather unexpected. My favourite playthrouh was as a Nosferatu. A very different game experience, not just a change of dialogue :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Obten is not game-breaking.

Play Malkavian.

Obfuscate. :sorcerer:

Enoch, how does a clan of decadent, rave addict puppetiers and prettyboys resemble a peasant impaling, ballroom burning, sociopath loner nobleman?

The Last Remnant gets pretty awesome, as long as you ignore the plot and the characters. The combat really comes into its own as the game progresses.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Oblivion. I tried to play Kotor 2 but it seemed so primitive compared to other games in functionality or eye candy.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I found Malkavian to be the hardest to complete the game with, since they aren't really well equipped for "boss fights". I had to side with Ming to complete the game :p

I found that the combination of dementation & specializing in ranged made all bosses quite easy when I played a Malkavian, even Ming (while level 4 or 5 obfuscate makes one particular bossfight almost trivial).

I should play again as a Ventrue once - dominate seems very similar to dementation.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Enoch, how does a clan of decadent, rave addict puppetiers and prettyboys resemble a peasant impaling, ballroom burning, sociopath loner nobleman?

I was going by the description in the manual, which made them seem more 'high-culture' than all that.

I was going by the description in the manual, which made them seem more 'high-culture' than all that.

They are more "high-culture" if you're going by the pen-and-paper version although some are what Oner says... :p

Am playing Monut & Blade. Badly. I am to combat in this game what Jabba the Hutt is to hang-gliding.

It takes a bit to get used to - I felt that way my first day or so as well and then everything clicked and now I love the game's combat. :sorcerer:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

^ I suspect you're right, I'm just useless at WASD + mouse, I'll persevere but I've got four other interesting games of MTW2, BG2, SoZ and Majesty going on at the moment.

No biggie, it's nice to have a new game in reserve - M&B and Majesty Gold came in at fifteen quid on a two-for-one deal which is great value.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

I tried to play Kotor 2 but it seemed so primitive compared to other games in functionality or eye candy.

Wow... You'll play Oblivion, of all things, but not KotOR II? That's scary... :p

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

-Hurlshot

I see. Well, the description of a clan depends on which book's which sect or it's member clan is asked, or what the narrator thinks. Oh and what mood they are.

One book was hilarious with a toreador explaining to new recruits what an Archon is, with a tremere later commenting on the lessons. ("I'd watch what I say about the nosferatu, how the hell do you think I got this transcript you idiot?") :p

Thinking about spending the money for the PC version of Fallout 3 on steam... but am unsure.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You could always buy it from somewhere cheaper.

Heja Sverige!!

You could always buy it from somewhere cheaper.

does the retail version require steam?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Nope.

Heja Sverige!!