What are you playing now

Gorth

I think it DOES require Games For Windows Live, right?

Nope. It requires the .dll to be there unless you mod it however, although that's easy. And the Steam version is no different - it, in fact, has more DRM than the non-Steam version (you can play without installing SecuROM due to an interesting little quirk in the system Bethesda went with).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I think it DOES require Games For Windows Live, right?

Nope. It requires the .dll to be there unless you mod it however, although that's easy. And the Steam version is no different - it, in fact, has more DRM than the non-Steam version (you can play without installing SecuROM due to an interesting little quirk in the system Bethesda went with).

well I want the one that requires steam because I don't have to track the disks. But if I get it from work I get a 15% discount :p

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just finished BG: DAII with 700.000 gold pices and 168 unspent skill points. I only used one healing potion(which is not really necessary) during the last fight and my necromancer was wearing nothing but his initial clothes.

Now, wait for me Fallout: The Brotherhood of Steel!!!one!!!11

Seriously...... :p Bet you used cheats. did your necro have the power ennervate, by any chance? How I love that wave of deadly energy....... [looks contentedlty off into distance].

Nope, no cheats. I only used shadow conjure, shadow spray, and shadow shield during the last battle. All was maximized.

centinexx.png

I've been playing an adventure game called Mata Hari. Yes, you take on the role of Mata Hari (obviously with some creative changes as opposed to real life) in it.

The game is alright. Not the best I've played but enjoyable. The setting feels good and unique, and playing Mata Hari is quite cool. It's also noteworthy for being an adventure game with a female lead who didn't annoy the hell out of me. I quite liked the character, even though she still suffers from being to naive and getting pushed around by everyone.

The puzzles were to easy generally, but still fairly enjoyable. They didn't feel stupid at least (well, some are a stretch of course, but...), and seemed to fit fairly well in the world.

There are two mini-games (well, the game says there are 8, but they are really more puzzles like you see in most adventure games). One where you dance for money (money affects the ending). It's a rather horrible "rythm game" where you have to click notes as they pass by the screen. But aside from some minor problems before I got used to it, it's pretty easy at least. The other I kinda liked actually. Whenever you travel to another city (via train), a map pops up with the stations/stops along the way. On the map, there are hostile spies. The travelling then plays out in turnbased mode, where you first move to a station, then the enemy spies move to try to intercept you. If you manage to successfully navigate to the city you're travelling to, you get "skill points" (which, like money, affects a small part of the ending).

Sadly enough, there is no real consequence if you get caught, you can just start over. If you don't like it, talking to friendly spies reveal a faster route which takes you instantly to the city you want to go to, but you won't get any skill points from it.

It's pretty enjoyable, but as there's a lot of travelling back and forth later on in the game, it gets kinda annoying. I would've really liked for this part to be developed more though, it could be a fun "board game" type of experience.

It's quite a pretty game even though it's not high-technology. The characters are alright, with some pretty good animations here and there. And the backgrounds look really good I think. There is a really nice atmosphere to the game. Playing in the early 1900s is quite nice and enjoyable.

Pretty fun game, I enjoyed it a bit more than I thought I would actually.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm around the midgame in Fallout. I've fixed the water problem and now I'm gearing up to kick some mutant backside. Specifically, right now, I'm hauling gear back and forth to sell. My pitiful strength means I can't use anything heavier than the 10mm handgun without penalty. That includes the smg. haha I've got a lot of NPCs right now, though. Dogmeat, Tycho, and Ian. I gave Tycho a sniper rifle and Ian the .233 pistol. Dogmeat I gave a snack and he bites the hell out of everyone. Mean ol' junkyard dog. I should really get moving again on the mainquest line, but I think I'll try to break into that one area in the Old Town of the Hub. I think there's a quest-line there, and the fact that something exploded when I walked down the hallway affirms that suspicion. I just couldn't pick the lock on the door, but those raiders I went back to see were kind enough to leave me a set of lockpicks in their will.

Okay, so I have a level 12 gunman in Arcanum with firearms and persuasion, and I'm supposed to go to the dwarven clan mountain. So my question is: is there a place on the map where I can grind for money and xp, 'cause that beautifully ****ed up system is driving me insane, and that mountain with it's lvl 25 Ore Golem certainly isn't helping. Oh and what the hell am I supposed to increase to get better To Hit chances, 'cause I don't see any difference after raising firearms or perception. Don't tell me it's dexterity.

World of Warcraft. Warrior - level 22. Who in the world was complaining about this? WoW is one of the few games were playing a warrior is just as fun as playing a rogue or magic user.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

World of Warcraft. Warrior - level 22. Who in the world was complaining about this? WoW is one of the few games were playing a warrior is just as fun as playing a rogue or magic user.

they're bitching because when you hit 80 you're one of the weakest classes until you hit the highest gear levels, then you blow people up so they nerf you.

Far Cry 2. Love the atmosphere and graphics. Really feels like you are in Africa, malaria and all! Love tossing a grenade into a forrested region and watching leaves and branches go flying.

Every FPS should use this game's healing method. Get about 5 bars of health. If a bar takes a bit of damage, it will regen after some time if no more damage is taken. If the whole bar is depleted though you need to use morphine. Even better, if your life bar is depleted to the last bar, you start to bleed to death. At this point when pressing the medic button you perform this gruesome 'medical procedure' on yourself which varies depending on the damage you took. Fell too far and you have to snap a limb back into place, got shot and you have to pull the bullet out etc. Beats the living poo out of the CoD series full regening health.

Hate the respawning guard posts though. Also wish when working with a faction that you could run into some friendlies from that faction. EVERYONE is out to get you. Theres pretty much only one damned enemy type in the game. Mercs of various skin colors & accents, but luckily they are pretty fun to fight. Otherwise this game would get real old, real fast. An enjoyable game that, with a bit more spit and polish, could have been an amazing game.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

they're bitching because when you hit 80 you're one of the weakest classes until you hit the highest gear levels, then you blow people up so they nerf you.

Power levels for various classes change with every patch, and I think it's deliberate. Blizzard doesn't want balanced classes; they want frequently changing unbalance. I remember when a druid couldn't get into a group even as an off-tank or off-healing. Now they do solid DPS or Tanking or Healing.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Power levels for various classes change with every patch, and I think it's deliberate. Blizzard doesn't want balanced classes; they want frequently changing unbalance. I remember when a druid couldn't get into a group even as an off-tank or off-healing. Now they do solid DPS or Tanking or Healing.

Well, The thing about warriors is they're so gear dependant that literally they're having to cap our block so we won't do to much damage with shield slam. With every gear level they see come in they have to nerf us (more so now that we're running around with Titans Grip). Literally without the TG nerf our DPS warrior in ulduar would be doing around 8-10k dps :thumbsup:

What are you playing now
Sands of Time.

Every FPS should use this game's healing method. Get about 5 bars of health. If a bar takes a bit of damage, it will regen after some time if no more damage is taken. If the whole bar is depleted though you need to use morphine. Even better, if your life bar is depleted to the last bar, you start to bleed to death. At this point when pressing the medic button you perform this gruesome 'medical procedure' on yourself which varies depending on the damage you took. Fell too far and you have to snap a limb back into place, got shot and you have to pull the bullet out etc. Beats the living poo out of the CoD series full regening health.
That sounds excellent. Edited by Gizmo

I've got Far Cry 2, and I keep waiting for a mod that will eliminate or at least curtail the guard post respawns, but I guess it's not gonna happen.

It's sad, because it's a good game except for the horrible respawning.

I was going by the description in the manual, which made them seem more 'high-culture' than all that.

Regardless of what the Toreador are, at least one Bloodlines playthrough as one of them is a must. Gary's reaction to your character's good looks is priceless. Definitely some of the best dialogue in the entire game.

20795.jpg

A question for the JA2 1.13 gurus out there. As far as I can see from the readme's and the configuration file in the 1.13 data folder, it looks like you, the player, should be able to train "roaming" patrols. Is that just me reading it wrong? If not, how do you do it? 8)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

When all your city sectors are full mobile groups are created. They cost more and then they roam around the world and depending on their size, have various success when dealing with the enemy.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

When all your city sectors are full mobile groups are created. They cost more and then they roam around the world and depending on their size, have various success when dealing with the enemy.

Well, just filling them up doesn't do it, so I guess I need to train them to a minimum level, say Veteran (blue) or something? Sounds like Hitman is going to work overtime in my next game 8)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, just filling them up doesn't do it, so I guess I need to train them to a minimum level, say Veteran (blue) or something? Sounds like Hitman is going to work overtime in my next game 8)

Well i hate them so i never use them, so you're probably right. Train the city sectors to the max and then mobile groups appear. But beware, you have no control whatsoever over them on the strategic map.

and yeah, DX:IV i still don't like, but i've got nothing else to play so i might stick with it for a few hours today.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I've got Far Cry 2, and I keep waiting for a mod that will eliminate or at least curtail the guard post respawns, but I guess it's not gonna happen.

It's sad, because it's a good game except for the horrible respawning.

I was going to buy this title until I heard about the respawns. If there is a great game somewhere with one fatal flaw, there's a good chance the design team decided to go gonzo with the respawns. I hate it, and it's one of the things that will prevent me from purchasing a title. Respawns do not equal more difficult or challenging. They simply mean slogging through areas I've already killed. It's one of the things that I hated about Wizardry 8, which would have been a great title otherwise. I'd like to rant more, but I'm tired. Maybe if I nap, I can come back and rant more about designers' love of respawns.