What you did today

Gorth

She had a good idea what was gonna happen, and decided to shoot me down in front of both our immediate families, plus the parents of my brothers' wife.

I should have known. When I went to cook my first hotdog of the night over the fire pit, I noticed that nobody brought any 'real' hotdogs. And by 'real' hotdogs I mean just a plain old regular hotdog. Somebody brought some interesting weiners that contained onion and cheese. Another person brought some smokies. There was a package of all beef ones as well. Even garlic sausage was on the meat plate. But was there any good old fashioned newspaper and weiner flavoured hotdogs? **** no.

Mom had barely enough time to walk the forty feet to the house to appease my temper tantrum, and sure enough it's starting to rain a little. There was a 90% chance of showers forecasted for the day, yet all morning and afternoon it was incredibly hot and sunny. Not like, Texas hot or anything like that, but hot nonethless. For northern Canada. But as soon as I saw the sky out west over my parents acerage I figured it wasn't gonna be sunny no more.

And did I mention that I had killed a spider that dared enter the sacred circle of hand laid bricks at my dads firepit? Not twenty minutes earlier?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'm totally messing with you, Oerwinde. I'm getting married!

The preceding story was entirely true, except for the temper tantrum.

And the bit where she shot me down.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Well congrats then! Now the next thing you have to save up for is the divorce lawyer! :)

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Damn it, KQD, I really wanted to wish you luck. Grrr. ...But I'll settle for slapping you on the back and telling you congrats! Holy crap, man. Awesome. The wife and I are going to open a bottle of vino tomorrow and toast your soon to be wed arse! Huzzah!

Thanks guys. I honestly can't remember the last time I've been this happy. We fight from time to time, but I really can't think of anyone else I'd like to spend the rest of my life making up with. :)

We haven't set a date yet, but we've discussed waiting two or so years to build up a little bit of equity so that the monthly bills don't smother us. That means we'll probably be married in December.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Hooray for Kor!

I really believed she had shot you down, you cheeky bastard.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've read the tea leaves, just give it ugh 20 some odd years from now, Kor is sitting in a dark room bathed in the light of his holographic monitor. Dark circles and a haggard face wander the screen looking through a myriad collage of family photos. He stops at one in particular, cherishing a long forgotten memory. He's in his 50's, balding, divorced, and quickly on the road to losing his job due to his alcoholism and slipping sanity. His daughter and son won't return his calls. As he stares into the screen he takes a breath and then blows his brains out. Good night sweet prince.

Wait, whoops. My bad, that's my future. Good luck kor. I believe in you.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Coongrats.

Anyway, I did absolutely nothing all day. I ate a burger and pizza. Thats it.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

So are we all invited?

Who cares? If we all show up to the Canadian boondocks, he won't have the nerve to turn us away.

Wait a sec, December? Isn't that when everything is frozen where you live?

Edited by Hurlshot

mucho bueno

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

December is rat's ass nasty cold in Canada.

Here's a pic of the ring!

Its not that bad over here in BC. Hell I remember like 4 years ago it was 15 degrees in the middle of december. The news showed a contrast between Winnipeg at 50 below with a guy walking in a parka in a blizzard, Toronto at like -30 same thing, and Montreal at -40, frost everywhere. Then they showed Vancouver with a girl jogging in shorts and a t-shirt.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Survived second day of training and passed the test. Got the paperwork that gives me a learners permit. I can now go shopping for a motor cycle >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Survived second day of training and passed the test. Got the paperwork that gives me a learners permit. I can now go shopping for a motor cycle :(

That's one of the first things I'm doing after graduation. No money for a bike atm ;(

got admin training on friday because i'm now (officially) gonna be the weekend supervisor here at work

change of plans - now the training is today at 1-3pm :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Technically it's not what I did today, but yesterday I caught swine flu. Lame.

I should be over it within about 3 days if it follows the same pattern in my body as seasonal flu. I know why I caught it, too - a massive night out on Saturday with my sister and her mates for her birthday. Hangover + dehydration = dead immune system.