What are you playing now?

Gorth

Hellgate London - I might do a let's play of this, would that be of interest to you guys? :ermm:

Sure. I meant to play that one myself but never got around to it. I'd be interested in seeing what it is like.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I bought Fallout 3 last night. God... the writing is so unbelievably awful. I'm still inside the Vault. Hopefully some things will get better once I get outside.

I did like the look of the Vault. That was actually pretty good.

Do you play many video games? Because I'd say the writing is right at the industry standard. That's not a compliment, but I'm just surprised it bothers you so much.

Honey, I've been playing games since my Commodore 64 while you were still in diapers. :ermm:

So far the...... hideously written PC responses make me want to stab my eyes out with a fork.

I'm OK with the voice acting (I've heard MUCH MUCH worse). And the NPC dialogues are............................. OK..?

Anyways.... I made it out of the Vault. That.. effect when you got outside was cool. Glad to see they actually spent a moment adding such a touch. I guess I'm off to Megaton...?

So far the...... hideously written PC responses make me want to stab my eyes out with a fork.

"Le me think about it, my good man"

????

What, is the pc some sort of uppercrust British dandy?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

^Who does the PC say this to?

When you first go into the bar in Megaton and meet Gob, that is the + karma response to his asking if you want a drink.

I recently re-installed Windows and after updating all my drivers and stuff, I was wondering what game to install when Mass Effect caught my eye. I hadn't played it in a while, so I decided to give it another play through. I just used the stock male character model since to me, Shepard's voice is associated with that face. Plus all the models I try to make look incredibly ugly.

I'm having a lot of fun with it this time around. I think I bored myself during my first play-through because I went out of my way to do most of the tedious side quests, just to see all that the game had to offer. This time I'm concentrating on the main storyline and just doing any sidequests that might happen to pop up.

Combat is pretty fun. I'm playing as a soldier class so eventually I'll be proficient with all the main weapons. The duck and cover, shoot gameplay isn't as smooth as other action titles, but it gets the job done. My main gripe is that the companion AI is absolutely horrible. They will stand in the open and just shoot, not go to the places I tell them to and generally get themselves killed. I usually have them hold position with sniper rifles at the entrance to whatever place I'm attacking to avoid this.

I do have a few gameplay gripes, the main one being that there are so many locked containers in the game, but if you're a soldier class its almost imperative to have either Tali or Kaiden in your party. Tali most of the time, if you want to open the tougher containers. I think it would have been better if they just let you use omni gel to open all containers since the electronics and decryption skills have combat uses as well. I would also have liked the ability to change out party members on the fly instead of having to backtrack all the way to the Normandy.

Still, having a blast. I like the rpg elements and the choices that are presented to you. I would have liked more NPC characterization such as more intricate side-quests related to them, instead of the current structure of go through the same area as any other side quest except find a unique item at the end.

I've been reading up on ME2 news and they seem to address a lot of the complaints of ME1, so I'm really looking forward to it being released.

On my PS3 I'm playing Killzone 2 and while its a great fast paced shooter, I doubt I'll finish it. Mainly because I suck at console FPS controls and it seems like I've played the game before already so nothing is really pulling me in. I'm on the second mission, but I'm pretty much bored with it. To the people who may have played it, are there any unique gameplay moments or twists in the story that would make it worthwhile to continue? If not, I'll just send it back in for the next game in my queue.

On my PS3 I'm playing Killzone 2 and while its a great fast paced shooter, I doubt I'll finish it. Mainly because I suck at console FPS controls and it seems like I've played the game before already so nothing is really pulling me in. I'm on the second mission, but I'm pretty much bored with it. To the people who may have played it, are there any unique gameplay moments or twists in the story that would make it worthwhile to continue? If not, I'll just send it back in for the next game in my queue.

There's a nuke scene. And a mech scene. And then a turret scene. And then a super-charged weapon slaughter scene.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Killzone is like Halo in that it's only really held up by the multiplayer than the single player.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Playing through Assassin's Creed. Some of these sidequest assassinations are really difficult. o.o

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Playing Final Fantasy II atm

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Infamous. Its meh, but it undusts my PS3. Picking up Prototype tomorrow. Just got a new Wii, so now I need to re-unlock everything for Brawl.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Playing through Assassin's Creed. Some of these sidequest assassinations are really difficult. o.o

Nah, they're easy, just like the rest of the game. And you can do them over and over until you get it right. What was the problem with actually allowing the player to fail a sidequest assassination? You fail, the informer doesn't give you the info, it's that simple. Only 2 investigations are required in order to get the green light for the main assassinations anyway. That's Assassin's Creed for you: great concept with some mind-numbingly stupid design decisions. I hope they try harder for the second one.

Anyway, I'm still playing The Witcher and Icewind Dale 2. Kind of on and off really... doesn't mean they're not thoroughly enjoyable though. :)

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Nah, they're easy, just like the rest of the game.

What a ridiculous statement.

Sometimes I get heartburn from eating bacon. Would you like to argue that as well?