What are you playing now?

Gorth

For such a "great" game, Mass Effect has some examples of ****ing ****e design, and even then, seemingly deliberate attempts to flaunt how ****ing ****e the design is.

I've reached Ilos, if you couldn't guess.

explain?

The Mako drives appallingly in most conditions; for Ilos it's made to drive over running water, which apparently has the effect of making what would normally be slight adjustments in direction make the whole vehicle turn 180 degrees. To add insult to incompetence, you are then given 36 seconds to reach a certain point on the planet, driving through four particularly hardy enemies.

Naturally, the game does not auto-save before it dumps you into this, so when I ended up with the Mako crawling the walls, my reload took me about half a mile back. If that doesn't sound like much, on Ilos, half a metre seems to take an age.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

The Mako isn't great but it isn't everything either... It's not so much bad level design, as a badly implemented vehicle,

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

No, it's not everything; but given how many missions require large driving portions, it is a significant annoyance.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Okami awaits. Sort of scared that I won't like it that much (first console game in ages), but well, it's purty.

It's funny Call of Cthulhu has been mentioned... the Point Lookout expansion of Fallout 3 actually feels a lot like an expansion to CoC (of which was Bethesda was publisher?). Some of the enemies look like they came from Innsmouth, not to mention the second part of the main quest feels like one long insanity vision.

Also, the way enemies are nerfed (making them inflict 35 irresistible damage on top of any weapon damage they inflict) and come to you in mobs makes survival sometimes as ridiculously hard as in the Cthulhu game.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Micro Machines.

16 years and i still haven't finished the game o.o

That was a hilarious game.. I played it alot with my friends back when I had a 486.. :rolleyes:

That and "The Incredible Machine"..

Fortune favors the bald.

I remember Heretic fondly. I'm at the Esoteric Order of Dagon right now. I'm a tad confused as to what to do next, but I've rarely had to look at the online guide so far. Very frustrating in places, but after you realize that's the design, soon after you run for life in the hotel, it's not so bad.

Seems like I'm starting to wrap up Dragon Age.

??? Its not out yet!

Anyway, I'm going back to Makai Kingdom, Disgaea, etc. Really underappreciated.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

??? Its not out yet!

Anyway, I'm going back to Makai Kingdom, Disgaea, etc. Really underappreciated.

He works at Bio. Or so he says. :lol:

That explains it. He's a thoroughly lucky man ithen :p.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Well, here's the sucky part. I'm at the place where you use the ships gun to kill people on the beach. Sadly, there are no people on the beach. According to what I've found on the 'net, there is no way past this without downloading a saved game. Since I don't want to download someone else's saved game, I guess I won't finish Dark Corners. I'm going to try monkeying around with the resolution and anti-aliasing later just to see what I can do.

Overlord II. It's as good as the first with better graphics and more ways to play around with your minions.

So far, the villian isn't all that interesting.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Though removed, MCA still humbly credits Annie Carlso and Brian for their work. I suppose that even though their work were removed, it inevitably served as a template to continue working in a form of a new material.

Okay, hows this for a cheesy ****ing work around? I had thought to try to hit things randomly, but it didn't work. I looked around and found a some screen shots of where the gun was pointing, but they were so terrible it didn't do me any good. Then, I watched a youtube video someone had done. I managed to hit the three assbite mages blind to get through the area. What a crock.

You wouldn't, by any chance, drop some liiitle tiny bit of extra information for us?

Hmmm...it's a lot of fun. :)

Obviously not too much I can talk about, but I think those with concerns given the recent marketing campaign don't really need to worry too much. I suspect that a big reason why the E3 videos didn't affect me as much as others is because I had already played the game some. I should double check with someone at work when I get a chance before talking too much though.