What are you playing now?

Gorth

Just sprint to the next little wedge in the wall. Just need to go right after the centrifuge passes... don't see what was so hard about that section.

Still, I thought it was a pretty nice part of the game.

As MC said, it is not that it is particularly hard, it is just a surprise the first time those moving rings sneak up on you from behind and whack the living out of you. Poor Isaac suddenly becomes a 10 square meter rug on the floor :grin:

My Second attempt ended with me starting a grappling contest with a necromorph before making it all the way into the wedge.

My third attempt only succeeded because I had bought a supply of air cannisters, otherwise I would have suffocated on my way. Of course, I did take my time not wanting to rush headlong into an ignominous death again, hence a bit of waiting (and using precious oxygen) to get the timing right.

I think I am falling in love with the Ripper. My tools of preference are the Line Gun, Ripper and Flamer in about that order :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think I am falling in love with the Ripper. My tools of preference are the Line Gun, Ripper and Flamer in about that order :grin:

Bah! The only gun you need is the plasma cutter that you get at the start. That thing rules, especially when upgraded. I think I had it fully upgraded by chapter 5 or so. I poured ever pit of cash I had into maxing that thing out and it just ripped things apart.

Btw, there's one trick in Cthulhu that's not in the guide or documented in game. If you don't suture your heavy wounds right away, they turn into light wounds and then you can use bandages on them. For example, if you have 3 heavy wounds, you can uses sutures on one so you don't bleed so fast, then wait for the other 2 to turn into light wounds. Also there's a fight with a boss later in the game that's not explained very well in the guide.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I think I am falling in love with the Ripper. My tools of preference are the Line Gun, Ripper and Flamer in about that order :grin:

Bah! The only gun you need is the plasma cutter that you get at the start. That thing rules, especially when upgraded. I think I had it fully upgraded by chapter 5 or so. I poured ever pit of cash I had into maxing that thing out and it just ripped things apart.

The flamer is a terrible weapon, even when completely upgraded. Too bad because it looks damn awesome.

<3 the Ripper.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The flamer is a terrible weapon, even when completely upgraded. Too bad because it looks damn awesome.

Sometimes you have to give in to indulgence and just chose based on aesthetics. I.e. it looks COOL, so who cares? :)

I wonder if this game could be reskinned to make me look like a WH40k terminator and the necromorphs to look like tyranids/genestealers...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I think I am falling in love with the Ripper. My tools of preference are the Line Gun, Ripper and Flamer in about that order :)

Don't talk about gun preferences yet. Wait till you finish the game and then tell. :)

And as for surprise attacks from behind. Well that's what stasis is for, there's so many refilling station around that you can use it all the time to survive if you really can't do it any other way.

My preferences are :

Plasma Cutter, Force Gun, Contact beam and Ripper. Line gun is not as useful as it looks. Pulse Rifle is crap and Flamer is even worse.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I'm replaying Gothic 3. Forgot how hilarious it was to wipe out a town of Orcs right in the beginning, then get slaughtered by the first pack of wolves right outside of town.

Fun game, but I yet have to finish it.

I'm replaying Gothic 3. Forgot how hilarious it was to wipe out a town of Orcs right in the beginning, then get slaughtered by the first pack of wolves right outside of town.

Gotta get around to that some day, I loved the first two Gothics but somehow I just couldn't get into 3 despite all the anticipation I had for it.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Just completed Mirror's edge. I liked it but can't see how they could charge $60 USD at one point, it was too damn short. :verymad:

Rumor has it that they like money, it's unconfirmed though.

Unconfirmed? UNCONFIRMED?!

Just completed Mirror's edge. I liked it but can't see how they could charge $60 USD at one point, it was too damn short. :verymad:

Rumor has it that they like money, it's unconfirmed though.

Unconfirmed? UNCONFIRMED?!

EA was unable to comment on that particular rumor. A representative said "We do not comment on rumors or speculation.".

The Longest Journey.

Never played it before, so don't spoil me. I'm currently in Chapter 2, having just finally figured out how to work that damn pump machine outside the Border House. From there, I quickly tinkered around a bit and figured out

how to get the key off of the subway track. I think I know where the key goes, but I went to bed before I had time to try it last night

Edited by Enoch

Debating playing Empire:Total War given it just got a MASSIVE update today.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, it seems my comments caused a bit of discussion. Sorry for the delay in responding and massive post, but anyway. I should probably explain that when I made those comments, I'd just finished the Citadel and literally just landed on Noveria, and should be interpreted in that light. I've finished with Lianna T'Soni, since, as well as finishing Noveria, and IIRC I've gone somewhere else, but I don't remember where. Generic Prime, possibly.

To be honest, I still have yet to be impressed; combat is awkward a lot of the time as a Sentinel (is this a particularly unbalanced class, or do I just suck?), your party members appear to have been designed around a soldier-PC, and the pacing of this game feels horrible. Some of the design for key areas sucks, too - Therum's design is awful in particular, with the black road indistinguishable from the black void falling into which kills you - which brings us on to the Mako, which doesn't handle well, and is more of an irritance than anything, IMO. The black bits on Therum are also separated from arbitrarily visible sections - usually around pipes - by a paper-straight and equally sharp line. That's just poor design. After Noveria, the planet feels bizarrely short, barring the numerous reloads trying to kill the last major task-force before

you find T'Soni

. Noveria, OTOH, is much too dragged out, and does have some really sucky moments (whoever came up with Generic East-European Scientist could have come up with less clich

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

The Longest Journey.

Never played it before, so don't spoil me. I'm currently in Chapter 2, having just finally figured out how to work that damn pump machine outside the Border House. From there, I quickly tinkered around a bit and figured out

how to get the key off of the subway track. I think I know where the key goes, but I went to bed before I had time to try it last night

I think that you use the rubber ducky and the clamp you get from the pump machine. You have to inflate the ducky and deflate it and mess with the band-aid on it and all kinds of crazy stuff.

Those two are the most annoying puzzles for a long while, though.

All puzzles after Ch 2 are straightforward, save for one in Ch 7 that seems torn straight out of one of the Myst games. This puzzle kinda breaks the flow of the game, even. Still, it's fun to figure out.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

All puzzles after Ch 2 are straightforward, save for one in Ch 7 that seems torn straight out of one of the Myst games. This puzzle kinda breaks the flow of the game, even. Still, it's fun to figure out.

It took me a loong time to figure the pump thing out for the first time. I wouldn't call it straightforward by any stretch of imagination, unless you are some crazy point and click aficionado.

The Longest Journey.

I think that you use the rubber ducky and the clamp you get from the pump machine. You have to inflate the ducky and deflate it and mess with the band-aid on it and all kinds of crazy stuff.

Those two are the most annoying puzzles for a long while, though.

As I said, I figured that part out pretty quickly once I got my hands on the clamp. (For the record, it was

Clamp + Clothesline + inflated Ducky

) The hardest parts of the pump machine puzzle were trying to pick up every piece of wire or metal I saw before I figured out that

the ring could bridge the gap (for a while, I thought that the key from the subway was destined for this use), and finding the steam-release knob to turn once the pump was functioning

. That last bit got a little too pixel-hunt-ish.

Edited by Enoch

Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

I like a war-gamey RTS. I bought it when it first came out, had a mad surge of activity at work and forgot about it. Have unearthed it, am re-installing / patching it to see if it's fun and worth getting the XP (which is now probably at uber-bargain bin prices).

Have tinkered with it, at max resolution with all the settings up high it's quite purdy. However, it lacks that visceral CRUNCH one now expects from cavalry charges (etc) that one enjoys from MTW2. I'll wait to see how the tactical aspect works out. The setting is utterly ridiculous, the most ripped-off high vanilla phantasy. So much so, in fact, it's almost... cute.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG