Mass Effect 2 E3 Prelude

Jaesun

Ashely is a Xenophobic Christian.

I'd have to agree with you. :lol:

Its not really agreeing. This is pretty much what the basis for her character was and probably what the Bioware devs wrote down as an idea first.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Checks the URL for this message board.... oh... I thought this was the codex for a minute.

As much as I am looking forward to Mass Effect, I am also looking forward to Dragon Ages. It really looks interesting too. I am more a casual gamer. Hope both games are playable, for me. E3 should be filled with a lot of surprizes. :x Besides Alpha Prodical, looks very interesting as well. There's a lot of good games coming out.

Don't forget about the unannounced ones! Tons of publishers seem to be holding off thier announcements till E3! Can't wait! 8)

Yes I know. I really am excited. The progress on games has come a long ways from a few years ago. It's not long now. :lol:

I love the night, so peaceful and calm.

Interesting. I may go buy this. I didn't realize.

I thought ME was just kiddie sky-fi shoot-em-up with cheesepuff combat.

Perhaps I was gravely mistaken.

No, you were right, except it's not only combat that's cheesepuff.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Well as long as the game gives me the option to start a character from scratch and set these super-important decisions from ME1 myself, I'll be happy. Not that there were that many anyway... Wrex, Ashley/Kaiden...anything else?

Help or kill the Rachni Queen

Let Ashley or Carth die

Kill Wrex or not.

Decide if humans will rule the council or be part of it.

Pick a human ambassador for the council.

Kill Shiala or not.

Scan all those Citadel aphid thingys or not.

Help the newspaper reporter.

As Cerberus is active in the second game, whether you destroy their main research bases or not might be important.

Her being a racist was nice touch in overly PC (Political Correctness) game industry.

What are you smoking that the game industry is politically correct?

sc4_pub_3dhr_ivy.jpg

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Also there is whether or not you

gave info to the Shadow Broker

, though I can't remember what quest that was linked to.

Or does she just not trust them at all and have no experience dealing with aliens or alien cultures?

Yes, which is what makes her a racist. She doesn't trust certain folks because they are aliens.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Ashely is a Xenophobic Christian.

I'd have to agree with you. :lol:

Its not really agreeing. This is pretty much what the basis for her character was and probably what the Bioware devs wrote down as an idea first.

Have you played Mass Effect? It is perfectly explicit she is a Xenophobic Christian. I do have to say, who ever wrote her, did a fantastic job. <3 I really really hope they continue to write for her in Mass Effect 2.

Her being a racist was nice touch in overly PC (Political Correctness) game industry.

What are you smoking that the game industry is politically correct?

sc4_pub_3dhr_ivy.jpg

Yeah, sexism is common but even in that area it's more towards distorted "Girl Power" rather then "Damsel in Disress" or "Between Fist and Stove". Now if that action girl would wield broom and wear maids outfit (probably only in Japan these days) :o

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

No damsel in distress has ever been interesting or inspiring, Ashley or Bastila included. Bastila did have an awesome british accent, which i really liked, but Ashley did not. I do not even remember the girls from JE.

Jolee however, is the best character Bioware has ever written.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I always wondered what would happen if actually a female lead designer/creative lead/producer would be in charge of a game. Half-Nakey men?

Assassins Creed had Jade Raymond and that didn't end all that well...(for her)

I think she is now in charge of the Chicago earthquake game I Am Alive.

Edited by Purkake

I always wondered what would happen if actually a female lead designer/creative lead/producer would be in charge of a game. Half-Nakey men?

No, Jade Raymond wasn't the brain-force behind AC. And albeit she was a producer, I always got the feeling she and her beauity was just used for the media. And she isn't working on I Am Alive either, that rumor has been declined.

I can't name a single female creative lead in a single sentence along with MCA, Warren Spector, Will Wright or Hideo Koijama.

No, Jade Raymond wasn't the brain-force behind AC. And albeit she was a producer, I always got the feeling she and her beauity was just used for the media. And she isn't working on I Am Alive either, that rumor has been declined.

I can't name a single female creative lead in a single sentence along with MCA, Warren Spector, Will Wright or Hideo Koijama.

Kim Swift! She was the lead on portal, right? She's not up there with mr. Disney Spector or Robot Wright, but she did make a good game.

Nothing would change. The prime demographic for video games remains unchanged.

Sadly. We need more half-naked men in RPG's. <3

Shame on all of you! :grin:

Free Fall Associates/Free Fall Games: Archon I & II, Mailorder Monsters, Murder on the Zinderneuf, Star Control... Electronic Arts would have been nothing without those early hits :)

[/history lesson]

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

They ARE making at least some new NPCs for the second game, right? There's not really much more you can say about the old ones, unless they add some other backstory gimmick from the random backstory creator.

*roll* Ashley gets "evil twin" and "daddy didn't love me"

*roll* Kaiden gets "mysterious childhood friend" and "keeps secret diary"

I just hope my Gay Shepard can finally get a romance. ;)

If I remember correctly a few tweaks here and there could achieve the desired result -be it female-on-female or male-on-male- although I cannot tell you the specifics off the top of my head. :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I just hope my Gay Shepard can finally get a romance. ;)

If I remember correctly a few tweaks here and there could achieve the desired result -be it female-on-female or male-on-male- although I cannot tell you the specifics off the top of my head. :ermm:

IIRC a characters sex was tied specifically to their model not a variable (like say how you can make a gay character in BG etc...). And I don't want to hax0r my game when I load my ME1 save. Just hopefully they will add a male/male romance option. But I doubt it.

Edited by Jaesun