Mass Effect 2 E3 Prelude

Jaesun

One of these days I should take a looks at the Bio forums and see their fans think of Obsidian. "Might" earn some laughs. :)

Honestly Obsidian isn't mentioned a lot, in fact a lot of people think Bio made TSL and NWN 2. I can only think of 1 topic which was about them, 'Does Obsidian get enough credit' was the title, went for a few pages.

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Didn't Bioware say that that wasn't a dryad, but rather an actual vegetable?

Nope. It's a dryad.

...in fact a lot of people think Bio made TSL and NWN 2

Regular posters on the BioForums knows the difference, but there's a semi-constant stream of people with only a handful of posts who attribute those games to BioWare. They're also the ones who'll start a thread asking about something covered in the FAQ.

I find it fitting though. There are still people who think BioWare did Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment.

Now that I think about it, I wonder how many will think Fallout: New Vegas was developed by Bethesda when it comes out?

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Looks good, I really like the vacuum sequence at the end. I was playing SS2 the other day and I realized the techno beat on the Medical deck sounds almost exactly like music from Mass Effect.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Who ever decides on what music that should be included in their trailers should be fired, humiliated and never able to return to the industry again.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Wrong. The music in the trailer was good.

I am completely right as Moses was when he herded his jewish children across the Nile.

My taste of music is the touch of the divine heavens itself. Do an empirical test on the matter and you will find that my reasoning on what constitutes as great music will squash your miniscule taste, fit for the plebs and peons which is insignificant to anything, anywhere. My taste is simply magnificant in sense, grandious, and even epochal. The decline of games being art starts with a bad soundtrack. A bad soundtrack is the same as a lack of soul, genius and substance. Since there is no soul, there is nothing, an empty void.

You are dead to me.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

On the other hand, JohnShep is an abomination. Jennifer Hale had better voice FemShep in ME 2.

Female Shepard FTW!

I made mine to look like Christina Ricci. Hmmm... Christina Ricci...

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

New sorta trailer. I'm reminded of how little I liked the male Shepard VA.

I found Male Shepard's voice kinda sexy. And I though the Default Male Shepard was hawt. ;)

Trailer looked cool. I'll probably pick this up once it hit's the Bargain Bin.

On the other hand, JohnShep is an abomination. Jennifer Hale had better voice FemShep in ME 2.

Female Shepard FTW!

I made mine to look like Christina Ricci. Hmmm... Christina Ricci...

Did it really let you go that short? Midgetshep?

I'm looking more forward to this than Dragon Age.

At least you know what you are going to get with this. Dragon Age is still a wildcard.

Edited by Purkake

Guest PoziomyPion
New sorta trailer. I'm reminded of how little I liked the male Shepard VA.

I found Male Shepard's voice kinda sexy. And I though the Default Male Shepard was hawt. :sorcerer:

Trailer looked cool. I'll probably pick this up once it hit's the Bargain Bin.

I'll wait a few years more and pick up the whole trilogy slammed into one shiny box for 20$. It will probably include all DLC too :S

• 1 month later...

Well I have to say the game looks improved over the first, and in many ways I would want it to be improved. I would also have to say I am now eagerly awaiting this game.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Looks improved a lot, but they pretty much just gave away the story.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Which means the game won't be saddled with a horrible plot twist, again.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: