Mass Effect 2 E3 Prelude

Jaesun

Hopefully we'll get an all-male race of green aliens. Or pink hermaphrodites to really spice things up.

Other than asari and quinari, all the alien races were all male.

Ehh... they were? :) Not sure about the turians but krogans, salarians & quarians didn't seem to be all male.

That was asari and quarians.

Okay, show me a picture of a female turian, krogan, or salarian.

can you be certain that you didn't see female salarians and krogans and turians? as were mentioned, the game made multiple references to female krogan, so we know they at least got 2 sexes. as for the other critters...

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hopefully we'll get an all-male race of green aliens. Or pink hermaphrodites to really spice things up.

Other than asari and quinari, all the alien races were all male.

Ehh... they were? :ermm: Not sure about the turians but krogans, salarians & quarians didn't seem to be all male.

That was asari and quarians.

Okay, show me a picture of a female turian, krogan, or salarian.

can you be certain that you didn't see female salarians and krogans and turians? as were mentioned, the game made multiple references to female krogan, so we know they at least got 2 sexes. as for the other critters...

HA! Good Fun!

Bioware is just super lazy with model design an couldn't be bothered to make any more than one of everything.

I've heard it stated somewhere that the reason they didn't put any females in was because they didn't have enough time to design and differentiate the females enough that they'd be able to have as much divercity amongst the random pids you ran into.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I've heard it stated somewhere that the reason they didn't put any females in was because they didn't have enough time to design and differentiate the females enough that they'd be able to have as much divercity amongst the random pids you ran into.

It's like Bioshock, the damn lazy designers only made ~15 models and didn't even bother to randomize the clothes.

When jokes spawn serious geek conversations.. :ermm:

HA! Good Fun!

80% of salarians are male and salarian females aren't allowed to leave their planet. Krogan females are 'highly-prized' and also rarely leave their planets. I don't know if turians have sexual diomorphism. As they're based on birds, I'd have liked the males to be tall and brightly-colored while the females were small and more plain.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I'd imagine the females wouldn't look or sound very different from the males (apart from the high heels & lipstick).

If BioWare were really adventurous, they could introduce races with more than two sexes. It was kind of the easy way out when they introduced the race of Asari, a race that is practically Captain Kirk's wet dream. Why not introduce an ascetic or sexless race like the Vulcans? This could make the inevitable romance quite interesting, having to turn away the ascetic from their rigid ways similar to Revan trying to make Bastila deny the Jedi code.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'd imagine the females wouldn't look or sound very different from the males (apart from the high heels & lipstick).

If BioWare were really adventurous, they could introduce races with more than two sexes. It was kind of the easy way out when they introduced the race of Asari, a race that is practically Captain Kirk's wet dream. Why not introduce an ascetic or sexless race like the Vulcans? This could make the inevitable romance quite interesting, having to turn away the ascetic from their rigid ways similar to Revan trying to make Bastila deny the Jedi code.

More than two sexes don't really make much sense, unless they were like ant castes with different tasks...

Like I said earlier, an asexually reproducing race would be awesome, but they don't have to be passionless automatons as they are ofter depicted as.

Well, IIRC the krogans & salarians are evolved reptilians & amphibians respectively, and the two sexes of these animals generally look alike (beyond occasional difference in size depending on species). As for turians, I don't see how males & females could be made different as their face is dominated by a metallic exoskeleton... beyond the exoskeleton having a different complexion depending on gender.

As for the other races that look like jellyfish & sloths (forgot the name) - hard to make big differences between the genders here, beyond giving them another colour and/or size.

Quarians & volus - can't comment as the ones found in the game wear an environmental suit, so who knows...

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Too bad all the alien species in ME were such prudes. I find it funny that even if they were evolved in worlds that were in galaxies that were billions of lightyears from earth, and have a completely different genetical structure than humankind, they still had the same sort of clothing and code of conduct as your everyday puritan evangelican. Can't someone break this cycle?

I want decandence goddammit, mating orgies and everything that comes with it. And not in a DA-fashion of "Hur-hur, bewbs! BEEEEEWBS!", i want it as natural occurance without any fanservice or juvenile tendencies.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So much for the romance, looks like your going to need a chainsaw to get anywhere with her...

There are so many tasteless jokes to make. I don't know where to start.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

So much for the romance, looks like your going to need a chainsaw to get anywhere with her...

There are so many tasteless jokes to make. I don't know where to start.

You start at the beginning. That's what the internet is for.

She could sure use a trim... *rimshot*

Didn't Bioware say that that wasn't a dryad, but rather an actual vegetable?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I would very much like to see an official press release stating that the character is in fact not a dryad but an actual "vegetable".

I'm sure that's some great material for future dirty jokes, though.

Hehe, she might actually have a stick up her ass, it'll be metaphorical AND literal!

Edited by Purkake

Oh so its pretty much the Thorian again, except sexy?

Wow, I love Bioware and their new ideas.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"