Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

I saw Synedoche, New York - written and directed by Charlie Kaufmann.. I think it's his wierdest film to date, but it also draws inspiration from all his previous ones - you can clearly see the allusions to Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Human Nature etc.. While also being David Lynch'ish in the messy chronology and story. HD trailer,

Amazing imo, but it's gonna need some digestion before I can really tell wether it was that good or not.

Fortune favors the bald.

Green Lantern : First Flight was pretty good, too. It moves pretty quick, I'll be rewatching it soon.

How did you see it? Its not out until the 28th

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

so i finally got round to seeing transformers 2

in summary:

Megan Fox - durr i have boobs durr

Skids and Mudflap - *sigh*

Ironhide and Ratchet - ...barely featured at all...

Devastator - wrecking ball testicles *sigh*

Wheelie - humping Megan Fox's leg...

John Turturro - annoying ****

Jetfire - can magically teleport and is then conspicuously absent for the rest of the scene

i could go on about what else was bad, but what was good was the badassery of Sideswipe and Ravage

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

"Righteous Kill" w/DeNiro/Pacino.

...some funny lines but the movie itself is a C grade crime thriller with a big lack re: the "thriller" part. Plus, I guessed the ending in the first 15 minutes.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Green Lantern : First Flight was pretty good, too. It moves pretty quick, I'll be rewatching it soon.

How did you see it? Its not out until the 28th

I'm not supposed to say, Oerwinde. It violates forum rules.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

And by some he means a lot, by manage he means download and by DVD he means cam recorded movie. :)

The first two are right. The last bit about cams is wrong... I wouldn't waste my time on cams.

I'm talking about dvds. Some people get dvd screeners. For those who don't know what a dvd screener is, it's a pre retail dvd, sent to rental stores, and various other places (eg. reviewers) for promotional use. They usually don't have the special features of the retail version of the dvd. This has been going on back in the VHS days and still continues. My brother would get VHS screeners when he worked at a video shop and I would watch movies before they were released.

Also, some dvds are released in different dvd zones before other zones. So, you can get a copy of a dvd from one region before it hits the cinema in your own region. Again, nothing has changed as people have been getting copies of dvds from different zones since dvds came out.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

I'll be sure to watch Wonder Woman, KQD. You make a good argument. :o

Anyhow, we just got done watching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. As far as the books go, they're not a bad read. Yeah, yeah. I can think of a lot of books that are either technically superior or simply more enjoyable, but the Potter books are a fun read. The movies generally suck, tho. I mean, the first two sucked. The third one had some good moments. I skipped the next two and I was actually impressed with the latest one.

I watched Harry Potter too. I agree with Aristes, the first two put me to sleep. But overall the last four have been decent. I think the problem is the first two were adapted from short books, and they put in everything, whereas the last four were long books, so they just took the crucial stuff for the movie. It's also fun watching the kids grow up, and luckily none of them turned out trollish.

I watched the first transformers movie and I actually liked it quite a bit. It was cheesy and dumb and awkward at times but it had a ton of action and crazy effects which were pretty to look at. I'll likely watch the second even tho it's gotten horrible reviews.

No score this time becuase it would likely destroy what little credibility I have left, if there even is some left, I don't know.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Anyone see "Food, Inc.?"

I hear it's great, and I love movies that bash the food industry...but the only place it's playing around here is in a small theater I don't like.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Prestige. Wolverine vs Batman. Totally awesome.

This is Spinal Tap. Almost totally awesome.

Derek Smalls: We're very lucky in the band in that we have two visionaries, David and Nigel, they're like poets, like Shelley and Byron. They're two distinct types of visionaries, it's like fire and ice, basically. I feel my role in the band is to be somewhere in the middle of that, kind of like lukewarm water.
Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The Pristige was a weird but fun film. I quite enjoyed it, although I thought it was kind of goofy. We've been watching old and new episodes of Eureka. I think we might end up buying the series sets. Campy but enjoyable. Wife likes it more than me, but we both like it.