Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

I expected it to be terrible. This is my secret weapon for enjoying virtually all forms of recreation. I expect it to suck and thus I am pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, this is an awesome technique. Even surefire hits become better!

I watched The Last Boyscout on DVD. Bruce Willis in loser mode is always fun. That's why Die Hard 4 doesn't compare to the other Die Hard's. Die Hard 4 John McClane is a superhero, whereas in the other's he's a loser who always gets stuck in the wrong place at the wrong time.

(Although to be honest I enjoy number 4 more than number 2.)

Gardens of the Night (2008) - Disturbing and well done I thought.

No Country for Old Men - The pay channels here in the US show it all the time and I can't stop watching it. Terrific movie, a modern classic.

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002) - Hayden Christensen sucks, enjoyed the begining and end, the middle of the film is ......lacking

From Russia with Love (1963) - Grant/Bond scene on the train is the highlight to this excellent installment in the Bond franchise.

I watched The Last Boyscout on DVD.

Why I love this film is beyond me, but I do. :lol:

Don't diss the Last Boyscout.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I did a ****load of downloading two nights ago seeing our isp will be resetting our monthly allowance this week and used up all our download allowance for the month. Actually, I trippled our monthly usage in one night. :lol: Unfortunately, the girlfriend was pissed as hell (she does share trading at home) and our isp dropped our speed down to dial up speed. :)

So it was either Transformers 2 or a chick flick last night and you probably guessed what we saw. :yes:

We watched Coco avant Chanel last night starring Audrey Tatou about the French fashion designer Coco Chanel from humble beginnings in an orphanage to weatlhy Fashion Designer. Not too bad, although I nearly nodded off halfway through. Would have liked for them to show about the perfumes and fragrances but they concentrated on her clothing fashion. Also, they left out everything that happened with her in WWII.

The Lawnmower Man

terrible

Terrybly awesome, you mean.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Watchmen.

I thought it was awesome, haven't read the comic so I have nothing to hold it up against.

i just finished the comic for the first time yesterday

kinda interesting to see little bits and pieces that you don't see in the movie - like excerpts from the old Nite Owl's book

also i'm kinda glad they did change the ending a bit for the movie - because in the comic, it's a bit.... well... silly

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Thinking about all the remakes that are being done at the moment, i think that it is time for a remake of "The Three musketeers".

And like all new remakes, it has to be dark, mature, violent and contemporary. 150 million guaranteed at the Box Office.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Meh, after Terminator: Salvation I'm getting a little sick of Christian Bale.

Watched Transformers 2 the other day. There's some giant robots, but I wasn't really wowed or anything.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Meh, after Terminator: Salvation I'm getting a little sick of Christian Bale.

Me too, but I still like Depp a lot.

I think it's just overexposure. Right after the two Pirates sequels Depp had a kind of backlash too. Bale just has the added effect of some of his prima donna behaviour coming out so people dislike him a bit more as a person too, even subconsciously. Even if that was blown way out of proportion. I've worked on sets once or twice if anyone walks into the shot that isn't supposed to be there they deserve a good yelling at, and this was a freaking director of photography who did it repeatedly. He should have known better.

Watchmen.

I thought it was awesome, haven't read the comic so I have nothing to hold it up against.

i just finished the comic for the first time yesterday

kinda interesting to see little bits and pieces that you don't see in the movie - like excerpts from the old Nite Owl's book

also i'm kinda glad they did change the ending a bit for the movie - because in the comic, it's a bit.... well... silly

You mean the

giant squid that looks like a vajayjay

?

I watched The Dark Crystal. It seems to get slower as the years go by, but still a good movie.

Edited by TrueNeutral

We watched Taken last night. It was a great flick! I mean, I laughed the last half of it at the over the top violence, but it was still funny. I bet that's one teenage daughter who tells her dates to get her home on time! "You don't want my dad to be angry!"