What you did today

Gorth

I just chased away the last people from my birthday party. It was pretty cool, even though we're all going to a party tomorrow (and a hardware expo) so there was no booze involved. And it's now 19 minutes past midnight (where I am) so it's too late to congratulate me now.

So **** you all for forgetting my birthday!! Heartless bastards.

HA! (of course now you all will forget my birthday... even though it's pot heads favorite day, the day hitler was born, and the columbine highschool incident's anniversary... now I'm depressed)

Did my taxes... overall I should be getting about 500 from the government.

great now i've got a mental image of your avatar with that stupid little moustache >_<

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

For the love of all that's good and holy. And me. Don't stop drinking. Don't blame booze for the behaviour of a few bastards.

My mum has been on the point of giving up and dying. I went out for some lovely beer and now I'm happy as a lamb. Well, that and the roast chicken I made earlier.

That's a cop-out. Avoiding the problem won't help.

No, but alcohol will!

Aside: I just got my $1,000 stimulus payment from Centrelink. Woohoo! Time to buy a new computer and a Wii,

Aside: I just got my $1,000 stimulus payment from Centrelink. Woohoo! Time to buy a new computer and a Wii,

So *thats* where my tax money goes... :getlost:

Got my new PC speakers all set up. I can now share the sound part of my games with my neighbours :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I tried to read a review of the new ATi 4890, but there was a really distracting obnoxious commercial in the left, right and middle section and all I can remember from the review is that there is a new game about shooting nuts and there is no greater shame, no greater glory and no greater victory.. And that I really really hate commercials. I think my eyeballs have had enough of exercise for one day.

(Signatures: disabled) 

I bought a car yesterday. I ended up passing on the Liberty, it was uncomfortably small. I ended up buying a 2006 Laredo. It's red, 4 door, 4wd with the removable back seats to I can fit eight dogs in it easily. A little more money but what the hell. It's so nice buying a car witout worrying about financing. I wrote a check was was done in 15 min. Nobody is buyng cars it seems. I was the only customer there at the time and everyone was saying how bad it is.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I tried to read a review of the new ATi 4890...

Let me sum it up for you: it's an overclocked (slightly tweaked) 4870.

It's a good card, but Nvidia has an equally good card in the 275, at almost the exact same price. It's a matter of which drivers have been most friendly to you: ATI's or Nvidia's.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I bought a car yesterday. I ended up passing on the Liberty, it was uncomfortably small.

the was the other question i had with you and a liberty - you're a big guy as i recall.

I ended up buying a 2006 Laredo. It's red, 4 door, 4wd with the removable back seats to I can fit eight dogs in it easily. A little more money but what the hell. It's so nice buying a car witout worrying about financing. I wrote a check was was done in 15 min. Nobody is buyng cars it seems. I was the only customer there at the time and everyone was saying how bad it is.

there ya go... hehe.

sort of wish i had waited to get my car. oh well, i got a good rate on it at the time and even made out ok on my trade. MSRP, of course, but i couldn't expect much better after the wife and son were drooling over the built-in DVD player... sheesh. :lol:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

It's a good card, but Nvidia has an equally good card in the 275, at almost the exact same price. It's a matter of which drivers have been most friendly to you: ATI's or Nvidia's.

And how long you want to wait. 4890's seem to be in supply just about everywhere, but the 275's appear to be having a paper launch.

Indeed it was. Funny thing about it: The 275 uses more power than a 285 :lol: I like it how most of the reviews comparing 4890 and 275 kept to nVidias guidlines and talked about CUDA and PhysX... Both 275 and 4890 are two completely uninterestning cards imo, more of what we've got already. Good thing is, they caused the prices for the 260 and 4870 to be lowered, making those even better deals than before :) The coming 4770 should be a more interesting product, even if it's not in the same sector of performance.

Today was housekeeping day, and I should now move on to read A LOT for university, but I need a break... I'll probably go and play some Heroes of Mana or something...

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I got in a small physical altercation with my step-brother. He pushed me, I pushed him, and that's as far as we got before we were split up.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I got in a small physical altercation with my step-brother. He pushed me, I pushed him, and that's as far as we got before we were split up.

In my experience there's only one way this can end well. When he's sleeping you punch him in the groin. It's the only way, trust me. He'll understand you're the alpha male. He will have no choice but to submit.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

But what if I do that and he does the same to me? This sounds dangerous.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I do know, what it is and it's not like I'm actually looking for a new gfx, but I like to keep up to date with ATi releases and read as much as possible to be better able to filter out the bias. I wouldn't call them equally good, because each card clearly have different advantages in different games. They are both good on their own turf.

(Signatures: disabled) 

I was at a blacksmithing workshop all morning and most of the afternoon, then I hung out with some friends -who were also at the event- and decided to buy Rome: Total War and Medieval II: Total War when they go on sale at GameStop tomorrow[s/] later today. :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

In my experience there's only one way this can end well. When he's sleeping you punch him in the groin. It's the only way, trust me. He'll understand you're the alpha male. He will have no choice but to submit.

I have a similar story, minus the punching groin business.

My brother recently was slapping my behind with great might. I tend to be very patient with him, and I kindly requested he cease. He persisted. So I went about my business as usual, and when he came around again for another attack, I slid an open capped pen to my side and angled it toward the area he had targeted earlier. Because I did not want him in pain, I did not protrude the pen as far as I could have, but he still got marked up fairly well with a small welt where the pen marked him, on account of the intensity of strength with which he tried slap me. Needless to say, I have not been repeatedly greeted on the bottom since then.

I slept for three hours last night. Too much to drink so I woke and drank several mugs of herbal tea. No damn good so I made a fiery batch of Thai noodles with fresh spices. No good either. I just finsihed Half Life 2 while listening to Disney tunes. There's nothing quite like wielding a gravity gun and singing along to the dwarf chorus. My neighbours must hate me.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I was at a blacksmithing workshop all morning and most of the afternoon, then I hung out with some friends -who were also at the event- and decided to buy Rome: Total War and Medieval II: Total War when they go on sale at GameStop tomorrow[s/] later today. :)

If you have not played them yet you will be very happy you did this. I would reccoment getting the Barbarian Invasion expansion for Rome as well.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

No good either. I just finsihed Half Life 2 while listening to Disney tunes. There's nothing quite like wielding a gravity gun and singing along to the dwarf chorus. My neighbours must hate me.

i'm so proud *sniff*

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I spent an hour late last night taking various photographs of an umbrella, sheets of architectural plans, saucy magazine covers, kitchen knives and a decorational penguin.

i went skiing at copper mountain today. spent the morning with my son, for the first time, then moved over to ski with my usual partners in crime (usual slope partners). we ended up in the tucker mountain bowl. i was pretty loud when i dropped in 10 feet straight down without wiping out. yay. now i'm sore, and i'm running a fever (not unusual). snack time then naptosis for the evening.

taks

comrade taks... just because.