What are you playing now?

Gorth

GW was good. GW and D2 were the only MMO-ish games I really enjoyed. Well balanced with comparatively little stupid grinding, always able to solo if you want, and so forth. Also, free.

D2 wasn't a grind? I don't get that at all.

I also haven't really understood where the grind is in most of the newer MMO's. You can level up in these games strictly on quest xp. I very rarely kill something in LotR Online that isn't related to a storyline.

"Heal them even if it means killing them first!"

That's not poison. Your enthralled unions will kill you unless you kill them first.

The option doesn't only come up for enthralled unions. It comes up for various other status effects as well, like curses.

Im playing Richard Burns Rally. Its very, very difficult but the car physics are spot on.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

D2 wasn't a grind? I don't get that at all.

I loved D2, but that comment still made me :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just played the Necro VisioN demo. With a name like that, I should have known that it was going to suck, but it was PC-only so I decided to try it anyway.

I played a British? soldier during the first World War who was captured by the Germans. Then I fought off nazi zombies who threw rocks at me while shooting ghost-looking boss with my pistol. While I decapitated the nazi zombies with my shovel things like "Haircut" and "Bruce Willis" popped up on the screen and my dude said things like "Who's scared now?". Then I uninstalled the game hoped never to see it again.

Im playing Richard Burns Rally. Its very, very difficult but the car physics are spot on.

I remember reviewing that! It was really difficult trying to explain the rather bland graphics to the Need For Speed: Carbon kids..

Also, I thought it was too difficult. But it was very well made.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If you make a racing sim, its going to be difficult. Bur RBR is so much worse because you have to really wrestle your wheel in rally. Turning your wheel 12 times per corner while keeping track of the handbrake, brakes and clutch is really demanding. Wet track races in Race07/GTR Evo are hard, and they dont even come close.

And the graphics thing, it seems to be something of a tradition to have realistic car game look like they were made in 2001. But apparently there are some hardcore sim guys(ex simbin people) working on Need for Speed: Shift and they've promised to deliver real driving physics AND contemporary-standard graphics. It could be all hype and the final game will be another boring arcade racer, but there is a chance.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Guild Wars. I ended up getting the regular version and the factions "expansion" as they came in a set that was as keep as buying only the base. If I like it I'll pick up Nightfall and/or Eye of the North. :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Some of the classes in the expansions look fantastic.

I made the big leagues! My first game as a Giant was against the San Diego Padres. I was pretty nervous, but I had a good Spring Training Camp and I had been working on my power hitting.

I stepped up to the plate for my first major league pitch and... BOOM!

I took it out of the park! Fantastic timing. I've only averaged about 10 homers in my first two seasons in the minors, so it was a really beg deal. The game went forever, it was 7-7 until the 18th inning, when we managed to pull out a 9-7 lead and win it. I went 4-8 at the plate, with 2 RBI's. I was also hit by a pitch and went down on strikes once. It was epic. If every game is like this, my heart may give out.

started rise of the argonauts...

Gotta say this game needed some more polish. On my PS3 the lip synch is off, and when in a conversation the characters don't move at all... unless they shift positions 2 seconds after they should have.

Also the combat thus far is very very boring... basically mash weak attack until shield breaks then mash weak weak strong to kill.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

MLB 2K9 - PC they just released a new patch, I hope this fixes the terribly broken franchise.

Could you please stop making the lamest sport ever invented sound cool?

Which soccer game is that?

Burn.

Kelverin, I bought the PS3 almost strictly for MLB '09. I was sure I would regret it, but it turned out to be simply sublime. It isn't just the best baseball game ever, it's the best sports game I've played. I'm a huge hockey fan and I've always enjoyed playing football games, but this is just the most fantastic sports game I've ever played. It has so many layers.

Kelverin, I bought the PS3 almost strictly for MLB '09. I was sure I would regret it, but it turned out to be simply sublime. It isn't just the best baseball game ever, it's the best sports game I've played. I'm a huge hockey fan and I've always enjoyed playing football games, but this is just the most fantastic sports game I've ever played. It has so many layers.

I would love to get it, however the wife will divorce me if I spent the money on a PS3. Also Matty V who does the play-by-play on "The Show" also did the Padres TV broadcast and that guy drives me nuts, I had to listen to him 120 games a year. No way in hell I would play a game I am meant to enjoy and have to listen to that as$&%$&&.

MLB 2K9 - PC they just released a new patch, I hope this fixes the terribly broken franchise.

Could you please stop making the lamest sport ever invented sound cool?

Which soccer game is that?

Its known as football over there.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I can actually imagine how they invented baseball:

"Goddamnit, we suck at every sport the rest of the world plays, what shall we do?!"

"I know, let's invent our OWN sport, then we'll rule!"

"Great idea! It should be made for us REAL Americans, so there can't be any running.. and no complicated rules"

"Yeah, like offside, wtf? You need to be a goddamn engineer to understand that ****!"

"How about standing around in tight clothes with a stick in your hand and throw a ball around a court? That should be fun!"

"Oh yeah! But wait a minute, won't that make us look like sissies?"

"Yeah, you're right. Wait, I know how to solve it! Let's make them all wear oversized cups despite it being a NON CONTACT SPORT!"

"Of course! That will make us look MANLY AS HELL!! Let's call it 'baseball' so it makes everyone think of our gigantic BALLS!"

"Done deal!"

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I can actually imagine how they invented baseball:

"Goddamnit, we suck at every sport the rest of the world plays, what shall we do?!"

"I know, let's invent our OWN sport, then we'll rule!"

"Great idea! It should be made for us REAL Americans, so there can't be any running.. and no complicated rules"

"Yeah, like offside, wtf? You need to be a goddamn engineer to understand that ****!"

"How about standing around in tight clothes with a stick in your hand and throw a ball around a court? That should be fun!"

"Oh yeah! But wait a minute, won't that make us look like sissies?"

"Yeah, you're right. Wait, I know how to solve it! Let's make them all wear oversized cups despite it being a NON CONTACT SPORT!"

"Of course! That will make us look MANLY AS HELL!! Let's call it 'baseball' so it makes everyone think of our gigantic BALLS!"

"Done deal!"

I think they just decided to take Cricket and make it into a game that doesn't last three days and makes actual sense.

It's still the most boring and lamest sport ever invented. At least soccer is fun to play.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"