LA Noire

Maria Caliban

It was a rainy night, like the heavens themselves finally got tired of the filth that is our city and was trying to wash it away.

That game's called Max Payne.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

It was a rainy night, like the heavens themselves finally got tired of the filth that is our city and was trying to wash it away.

That game's called Max Payne.

I don't remember Max calling anyone dame.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

How does it go?

:x

It was a blonde. A blonde who would make a bishop kick a hole in a stained glass window. Whoever you were, whatever you wanted, she had it.

I actually know a blonde like that, and she knows it. :shifty:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I actually know a blonde like that, and she knows it. :shifty:

She knows that you know her? You're not a very good stalker, are you? :x

I wonder how long we have to wait until an eastern european sweatshop gets ordered to make a piss-poor PC port of it? Alan Wake seems to have killed my 360 in mysterious ways so that road is closed.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I wonder how much the 360 version has to suffer with all this compressed data to fit on a disc or two.

I already see it coming: You drive down a road, the game suddenly freezes and orders you to "Please insert Disc 2 to continue". 360 fanboys will ask for a refund, Rockstar will announce GTA V a week later as a PS3 exclusive. Rage will ensue.

Haha.

I just hope that the main character speaks in mostly metaphor and simile.

Also... dame.

There's something to be said for authors who enjoy getting down and grubby with their language..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I wonder how much the 360 version has to suffer with all this compressed data to fit on a disc or two.

I already see it coming: You drive down a road, the game suddenly freezes and orders you to "Please insert Disc 2 to continue". 360 fanboys will ask for a refund, Rockstar will announce GTA V a week later as a PS3 exclusive. Rage will ensue.

Haha.

Compressed data actually just makes sense, it means the file you reading is smaller, you unzip it in memory so to speak... Basically Compression is good for games with lots of streaming, not bad.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

While the idea is cool, it seems like it'd just get routine and not much fun or inventive after a while. For example, just walking up to evidence and clicking on it opens up a cut scene that basically does the work for you. So basically, after doing a few missions, you'll just be walking up to a crime scene and clicking randomly on objects to pick up just to get though to the next stage, instead of actually solving any puzzles.

The aspect of interviewing subjects seems better realized though, I just hope the acting isn't so obvious that it leaves little to really think about or decide. It should be what the bulk of the game is about and it can either achieve something pretty intuitive or just fall into the category of scratching the surface as Rockstar games tend to do.

• 1 month later...

"Players will have a fair degree of control over the level of difficulty themselves. If they really want to live the life of a detective, for instance, they can visit crime scenes without any of the assists

1.13 killed off Ja2.

"Players will have a fair degree of control over the level of difficulty themselves. If they really want to live the life of a detective, for instance, they can visit crime scenes without any of the assists

Hate the living, love the dead.

Sigh, no PC version :) i'm here regretting that I won't be able to grasp all the subtle nuances of the animations on the ****ty graphics of consoles.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Sigh, no PC version :p i'm here regretting that I won't be able to grasp all the subtle nuances of the animations on the ****ty graphics of consoles.

I dunno, since they started as a PS3 exclusive (IIRC), we might actually see something Uncharted II level. I can't call that ****, but then again, my PC is old anc cheap enough to rarely deliver visuals that significantly improve on the console versions.

• 1 month later...

Oooh, glad to hear the reviews are good. I was taking a chance getting it knowing so little.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Was looking at the Gametrailers review of the game and one thing that really seems to, well... take a lot of the point out of the game is that there seems to be no real "failure" or consequence to how well you do the investigations aside from the ratings on the cases. I really like the ideas of the interrogations and investigations in the game but if there's not a huge feeling of the game reacting to how you accomplish these things, how well you do, then I feel like a lot of it is sorta pointless.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

VG247 has a more comprehensive round-up of the reviews, in case you're interested.

X360A – 96

Kotaku – Video review

Eurogamer – 8

IGN – 8.5

Videogamer – 10

Joystiq - 4.5/5

1UP – A

Destructoid – 9

SPOnG – 90 percent

Nowgamer – 9.3

Giant Bomb – 5/5

Digital Spy – 5/5

GameSpot – 9.0

The Guardian – 5/5

GamePro – 5/5

CVG – 8.9

EDIT: L.A. Noire DLC revealed?

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Looks great.

Would be infinitely better if it stopped pretending to be a game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"