What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Still playing STALKER. Just did the Underground/Find documents at Agroprom mission and it was incredibly awesome. When I got out of the underground it was in the middle of the night so I really couldn't see much. Managed to take out 1 soldier before I messed up and was spotted. Then it started raining really heavily. To top it off, I was very low on medkits (they never drop when you need them it seems).

Sitting there alone in the pitch-black, rainy night, while all these soldiers are looking for ya, while hanging on to your last medkit... Expecting a burst of hot lead scare you to death at any time. Man, it's so awesome.

There are not many games that would make me write this way about them, but occasionally STALKER just kicks your ass with all kinds of win.

What soldiers were these, I can't remember there being other than Duty, Loners and the occasional bandit in Agropom.

Unless you mean SoC, heh.

I'm starting it again myself as well.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Uh, forgot your earlier post.

Carry on.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

We tried playing "Death Toll" on impossible last night, it is, lo and behold.. impossible. We just could not get past the horde rush at the church safehouse.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The usual, WoW, but I got a spiffy new mouse. Now I have to retrain my muscle memory to utilize the two side buttons which I programed for keystroke 1 (scorch) and keystroke 4 (fire blast). Its harder then it sounds after years of doing it by manually clicking on those numbers, lol.

We tried playing "Death Toll" on impossible last night, it is, lo and behold.. impossible. We just could not get past the horde rush at the church safehouse.

We were some newbies who decided to do No Mercy on expert.. and it took us almost 2 hours to get to the roof, where we decided to give up.. I need to pratice some more. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

We were some newbies who decided to do No Mercy on expert.. and it took us almost 2 hours to get to the roof, where we decided to give up.. I need to pratice some more. :)

No Mercy is by far the hardest campaign. Mainly because two of the levels are both claustrophobic and very long. Also the horde events can be pretty bad because the spots they put you in have very little cover.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

FEAR 2 Demo: Good, but the fun in FEAR wasn't ruins with some violent surprises from Alma. What made it "scary" was the ordinary offices and buildings with some seriously weird paranormal stuff going on. This one looks a lot less subtle but plays and looks better. I dislike the whole ruins thing though.

Resident Evil 5: First Resident evil game I try, and I have to say Dead Space is just plain better. Sheva's AI is blatantly stupid and got me killed quite a few times. Enemy AI is just as stupid, and what kind of game has people recovering from a headshot to the face like I only punched him? All the intensity of having a zombie run up to you with an axe is lost when he stops in front of you so you can easily line up a headshot. The controls felt awful, and while I understand the shoot or walk mechanic, the fact Chris cannot do anything more than one action, however simple it is, at the same time is just plain annoying. And don't hold out for the story either, Capcom's writers are 8 years old.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

We were some newbies who decided to do No Mercy on expert.. and it took us almost 2 hours to get to the roof, where we decided to give up.. I need to pratice some more. ;)

No Mercy is by far the hardest campaign. Mainly because two of the levels are both claustrophobic and very long. Also the horde events can be pretty bad because the spots they put you in have very little cover.

And they love spawning tanks in those corridors where you have nowhere to run to get away from him. Also, the horde at the gas station lift always seems to last forever. Without fail, the AI director seems to love spawning a horde right after you defeat the initial one for activating the lift. :devil:

We got through "Death Toll" on expert today, its mostly just down to luck and the AI director deciding to be nice for a change. Its all in the number of tanks it decides to spawn, if you're real lucky you'll only get 2 at the end by the house with only 2-3 casualties leaving one man to finish the level.

We have never taken down a tank with less than one casualty per tank, it will take you down with an unexpected bullrush or whack you with a homing rock. It doesnt matter if you're a quakemaster or not.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

We got through "Death Toll" on expert today, its mostly just down to luck and the AI director deciding to be nice for a change. Its all in the number of tanks it decides to spawn, if you're real lucky you'll only get 2 at the end by the house with only 2-3 casualties leaving one man to finish the level.

We have never taken down a tank with less than one casualty per tank, it will take you down with an unexpected bullrush or whack you with a homing rock. It doesnt matter if you're a quakemaster or not.

just two things to be aware of on tanks, you can shoot the rocks making them break up and not do any damage, also they don't move as fast as the players initially, they need to build momentum. If you keep shooting them before they get speed behind them then they won't be able to get the momentum to keep up with the prey.

You can hear them before you see them the same way you can with any of the other special zombies, it's just less subtle.

Also if a tank does not get hit for 30 seconds after it's been alerted to your presence it will die on its own. But in any case 2 guys with fully loaded auto shotties can usually make short of a tank.

You can hear them before you see them the same way you can with any of the other special zombies, it's just less subtle.

Also if a tank does not get hit for 30 seconds after it's been alerted to your presence it will die on its own. But in any case 2 guys with fully loaded auto shotties can usually make short of a tank.

Yeah, their noise is somewhat like a bull grunting...

And it's not just if he's not hit, he also can't hit the players, but Auto Shotties are the best weapons against these guys, you pop three full clips of auto shotty into them and they die.

linky

the full game were pretty darn neato. is kinda like warcraft 3 w/o all the annoying resource management.

am gonna dig up and see if we can get to run on our pc.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

getting M&M6 to run on my pc wasn't as bad as i had originally thought it would be. ultimately, the only problem is a DLL file that was improperly decompressed and required "deshrinking." i'm not even sure if it is running in any sort of compatibility mode now, either (i had some files set for compatibility, but unclicked the box for most of them but i'm not sure if i got 'em all).

this all came about (M&M6) because i was cleaning my off... er, man cave yesterday. i was at first shocked at how many games i have, then dismayed at how few good games i have. since i just got done with BG2 for the billionth time (give or take a couple million), i wanted a new game to play with none on the horizon. bored of all the IE games, NWN 1 and 2 plus variants (including witcher) and not a fan of the gothics nor elder scrolls series (i have the arena one on floppy, with the disks still wrapped in the plastic sleeve - never used), i ended up staring at a few action/rpg games (nox, darkstone, et. al.). i was almost desperate enough to install ToEE again, but came to my senses at the last minute and settled on M&M6.

wow, is it ever campy. i actually remember playing it now and i do recall enjoying it. i have 7 and 9 lying around as well, but neither was as much fun as i remember 6 being... we shall see.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

(i have the arena one on floppy, with the disks still wrapped in the plastic sleeve - never used)

I'll happily buy that one from you, if you ever feel the need to make some space in your man cave.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm testing out the new autopilot in Audiosurf. It's not bad, but too many blocks can screw with it and make it go nuts. Other times it ignores the easy path in favour of swerving like a madman between huge clusters of blocks. Also, setting the thing to fullscreen on a 24" and sitting a foot away from the screen is hard on the eyes. It's difficult to focus far enough down the track to see what is coming up and still see the blocks that you are dodging right now.

Played through a versus round of L4D. Boy, playing the undead is a ton of fun. I was a failure in my brief play as tank, but I started to get the hang of the other three classes. I almost wish I could just play undead, instead of switching back and forth.

I managed to get on the chopper in my first play through, but the rest of my group was killed. Ah well, we weren't close.