What you did today

Gorth

More bad news from the home front yesterday. I drank several ales, and went to bed. Woke this morning at five a.m. with nightmares. Drank water, ate noodles, surfed the net, emailed people.

I should really start work soon, but I'm kind of zonked.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The last two days here have been bone numbing cold. The thermometer in my car tells me it was -9F both days so far. I cant even enjoy my smoke break at work because I have to stand outside and get flayed alive by the winds. Oh yeah, did I mention that with the wind chill effect its like -17F.

Had -18 degrees C (-0,5 F for the yanks) here this morning. Finally getting some normal wintertemperatures here. A week ago, it was several degrees warmer here (same latitude as Greenland) than in Rome.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I feel ya gifted. It has been down right frigid as of late. Highs of like 65 but at least the suns been out so the car feels like a less frosty 80.

:sorcerer:

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I cant even enjoy my smoke break at work because I have to stand outside and get flayed alive by the winds.

hehe, that's what's nice about CO. cold isn't a big deal, at least, not when the wind is gone. smoke breaks during pool nights in a t-shirt, even in single digit weather, are pretty easy to manage. doesn't hurt to have some of that anti-freeze in your system, as i typically do on pool nights, but still...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I cant even enjoy my smoke break at work because I have to stand outside and get flayed alive by the winds.

hehe, that's what's nice about CO. cold isn't a big deal, at least, not when the wind is gone. smoke breaks during pool nights in a t-shirt, even in single digit weather, are pretty easy to manage. doesn't hurt to have some of that anti-freeze in your system, as i typically do on pool nights, but still...

taks

True, true. Adding the mental regression into the caveman state of "Only pu**ies feel the cold" mantra when having a couple drinks makes it even more apparent :ermm:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I have no real friends, the only ones I had forced me to play wow to interact with them.

Oh! My husband and I did that to my sister and her husband! We gave them copies of the game a year ago, and wouldn't you know it, they hit 80 before my husband and I... ah well, we're getting close.

In other news, I'm off work in 13 minutes and then headed to my sis's house for a night of dungeon diving!

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

True, true. Adding the mental regression into the caveman state of "Only pu**ies feel the cold" mantra when having a couple drinks makes it even more apparent :ermm:

i'm naturally home in cold weather, anyway. when i ski i wear my thermals (top and bottom, duo-fold light-weight typically), a shell (columbia whirlybird, liner removed, haven't used this one yet, however) and uninsulated ski pants (basically gore-tex pants). nothing else other than gloves a light ski hat and a face mask for windy days. when it gets down below 10 i'll put on my hot chili thermal pants (thicker) and a long-sleeve shirt on top of my thermal shirt. i don't put the liner in my coat till below zero weather. of course, negative at the base is in the negative teens at the top...

the only problem is my toes and that is dependent upon the depth of the snow. deeper snow sucks the heat out of your boots quicker, and i haven't found the right sock for those days (otherwise i use smart wool light hiker socks).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Been watching the BSG episodes on the Sci-Fi Channel which will lead up to the new episode tonight.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The last two days here have been bone numbing cold. The thermometer in my car tells me it was -9F both days so far. I cant even enjoy my smoke break at work because I have to stand outside and get flayed alive by the winds. Oh yeah, did I mention that with the wind chill effect its like -17F.

It was -35C here with the wind chill the other day. It's been below -20C before wind chill ever since Tuesday. Supposed to warm up over the weekend though.

We've been having what I like to think of as optimal English weather. Light, constant rain. Cold enough to give you an excuse to laze around indoors, drinking tea and reading.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Trying to convince this poor old body that I am now in a different time zone. I really hate those jet lags. Of course, I don't make it easier for myself when the time difference is 9.5 hours =]

Otherwise just getting used to it being all nice and warm outside after visiting cold and dreary old Denmark.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It was -35C here with the wind chill the other day. It's been below -20C before wind chill ever since Tuesday. Supposed to warm up over the weekend though.

Lucky you. It's friggin SEVENTY DEGREES. IN DECEMBER!! I hate Florida.

Guess I better enjoy the four days of decent weather while I can.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

And you're a month behind! Now that's bad weather.

-Elwood Blues

An unstable time space fabric in Florida would go a long way in explaining why the place is a complete S hole. It's well documented that the weirdest stuff happens in either Florida or Germany. It's of my opinion that both places should be quarantined from the rest of the world. Only bad things can come of such places.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

An unstable time space fabric in Florida would go a long way in explaining why the place is a complete S hole. It's well documented that the weirdest stuff happens in either Florida or Germany. It's of my opinion that both places should be quarantined from the rest of the world. Only bad things can come of such places.

It would explain a tremendous amount. Particularly about the Fox network.

-Elwood Blues

And you're a month behind! Now that's bad weather.

=] Don't worry, I wrote the year as 2007 the other day.

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS