Movies you have seen recently

SteveThaiBinh

So does this thread encompass general TV watching, too?

Did anyone see last night's House episode? Maybe the most interesting one for a while, with the whole "locked inside my head" patient viewpoint. I loved his internal head-voice comments about "so you're wrong, again, and don't know what's wrong with me, again?" Kind of a gentle inside-jab on the formula of the show, I thought.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There's already so many such threads - books, movies, music, what I did etc...possibly making this one "Movies & TV" seems easier. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Watched High Tension. Pretty good slasher flick, but the twist was kinda corny.

So the main character is really the killer. Hm, I guess I can accept that and reason that when it seemed like she was in two places at once, she was actually just imagining in it, due to her multiple personality. I'm also guessing that she wasn't roommates with the other girl and the whole car trip, meet the family were also delusions. I actually caught that she might be the killer when the the supposed killer goes back into the house to cut out a picture of the victim's head. Earlier when when they meet the family, the girl is supposed to be in some of the pictures in but in that scene there are no pictures of her with the family anywhere I can see. I thought the gas station scene was pretty implausible though. Obviously when the killer persona is talking to the attendant the attendant keeps looking at the mirror at the crazy bloodied girl that came running in and who is now hiding at the back of the store. But since the killer is the girl, then she had to have come in, yelling to call the police, run to the back of the store then.....walk out and walk in again this time as the killer persona to talk with the same attendant. Why the attendant doesn't say, "Are you freaking crazy lady?" and just seems to accept this is beyond me.

This is one of the few movies that absolutely made me angry when I saw it in the theaters.

I can take an unreliable narrator in a film when the film is presented in a way where the basic "facts" as seen can still "happen" without the inclusion of whatever delusion the narrator/film focus has created.

High Tension, however, is IMPOSSIBLE to have happened the way it is presented. So we get 80 minutes of some crazy killer woman's delusion, then 10 minutes of "FU Audience".

My seething hate for this film knows no bounds. If I could have throught of a reasonable angle to get my money back I certainly would have tried it.

Now you'll have to excuse me, I must rip some scrap paper up to vent the rest of my anger at thinking about this film again.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So does this thread encompass general TV watching, too?

Did anyone see last night's House episode? Maybe the most interesting one for a while, with the whole "locked inside my head" patient viewpoint. I loved his internal head-voice comments about "so you're wrong, again, and don't know what's wrong with me, again?" Kind of a gentle inside-jab on the formula of the show, I thought.

I saw it. House is the only no-story driven show that I watch and it

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The show seems to be getting progressively more pro-religion.

I saw Knowing yesterday. Mildly depressing.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

The show seems to be getting progressively more pro-religion.

I saw Knowing yesterday. Mildly depressing.

Well, humans become progressively more pro-religion as they get older, so I guess it's just following a natural progression.

I thought High Tension was good with a couple of plot holes, not unlike other slasher films.

it's been on on of the showtime channels lately, as i recall. not having plot holes seems intriguing, since so many slasher flicks are one big plot hole with stuff lined around the periphery. maybe i'll give it a watch.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I though they got progressively more conservative and jaded about the prospect of changing the world around them.

That too!

Getting old is going to be awesome. No more worrying about what I can and cannot control. And nap time :)

yeah, but the "new fangled" underwear we get ain't so grand.

i watched crazy as hell tonight. odd movie. i always love the devil/god themes as there is so much to work with. though i am a devout atheist, religion fascinates me. that said, eric la salle wrote and is one of the stars in this movie (he was the black doctor on ER). it was pretty good. there are plenty of clues to give away the ending, and ultimately the whole concept, that i wasn't really watching for, but if you're paying attention rather than lounging around with nothing else to watch, you'll probably be able to figure out the circumstances. since i didn't see the first hour, it took almost the next half hour just to understand what was going on.

an interesting quote in response to "what would you ask the devil if you had a chance to talk to him," the nurse replied "I'd ask him why he spends his time punishing those that he's supposed to adore to make a point to a God that he's supposed to despise?" i have a very good answer to this question... ;)

taks

I thought High Tension was good with a couple of plot holes, not unlike other slasher films.

it's been on on of the showtime channels lately, as i recall. not having plot holes seems intriguing, since so many slasher flicks are one big plot hole with stuff lined around the periphery. maybe i'll give it a watch.

taks

I saw something somewhere that High Tension got better reviews in Europe than America - maybe because it's a european made movie? You might be disappointed with the twist. For me, I was a little puzzled, shrugged and thought 'ookaaayy - I get it even though there's some plot holes'. I think it was trying to do something different but kind of failed for some people.

yeah, but the "new fangled" underwear we get ain't so grand.

i watched crazy as hell tonight. odd movie. i always love the devil/god themes as there is so much to work with. though i am a devout atheist, religion fascinates me. that said, eric la salle wrote and is one of the stars in this movie (he was the black doctor on ER). it was pretty good. there are plenty of clues to give away the ending, and ultimately the whole concept, that i wasn't really watching for, but if you're paying attention rather than lounging around with nothing else to watch, you'll probably be able to figure out the circumstances. since i didn't see the first hour, it took almost the next half hour just to understand what was going on.

an interesting quote in response to "what would you ask the devil if you had a chance to talk to him," the nurse replied "I'd ask him why he spends his time punishing those that he's supposed to adore to make a point to a God that he's supposed to despise?" i have a very good answer to this question... ;)

taks

That actually sounds like something interesting. Might check it out.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Hahhhah, I didn't know about D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

huh, the dead snow movie looks like its zombies can actually move a bit faster than molasses. the ultimate plot hole and zombie move killer for me is that nobody ever seems to be able to outrun something that can only walk. i hate it when the characters in any movie are that stupid.

taks

We're so ironic and hip that we went to see "Fast and Furious"(the 4th film) at the cinema just now. We laughed so hard I swear I thought the other people there, who liked the film for real, we're gonna beat us up.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "