Release date

So if you read the preview on AP in the latest issue of OXM, the last paragraph should answer the delay question: we're now shooting on being out next summer. While that might be disappointing to some of you (sorry!), in the end everyone's goal is for AP to be a high-quality game, and the extra time will let us make the game as good as it can possibly be.

Matthew Rorie

Obs, this is the last straw, I'm tired of you delaying games until no one cares about them anymore.

Remember the last game you delayed? You pushed KOTOR2 after Xmas, and then look at what a freaking mess it became. I've had enough of this.

Besides, we all know the new release date is

Diogo Ribeiro

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Dear Matthew,

Summer isn't very good for me. Please stop making my life difficult.

Love,

Tigranes

Dont start the hype machine any time soon, then.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Well that's that. As long as the game is polished. Maybe they'll work on the graphics too, the trailer showcased some lovely, vividly colored environments, maybe they can bring the actual game closer to that.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

They sure as hell could take the extra time to polish the facial expressions.

There were several facial animations in the interview trailer which weren't finished yet.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If it slips any further I would almost ask that it be pushed into 2010 so that it actually has a chance to shine (Oct/Nov is a REALLY packed area in terms of releases every year). Rather than be drowned in the number of AAA titles that get released every fall.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

That would make the "Doesn't look next gen enough" complaint almost lethal - Summer should be as far back as they can possibly push it.

There isn't an official release date set yet but feel free to speculate :).

The game is still under development so please keep that in mind when commenting on screenshots and videos. They are being taken while AP is being built and there is still a lot of polishing that will be done before release

- On a new adventure -

I don't care about polish, KOTOR 2 was the definition of unpolished, and still one of the greatest games ever, especially compared to all the boring atrocious crap being put out these days.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Got a friendly e-mail from Amazon today regarding my AP (PC) pre-order.

Hello from Amazon.com.

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video

game in the order you placed on November 11 2008 05:13 PST (Order#

MYSTARY!). The release date for the video game listed below has been

changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery

estimate based on the new release date:

"Alpha Protocol" [CD-ROM]

Release date: 08/31/2009

Estimated arrival date: 09/03/2009

This is about the fifth e-mail I've received from them and each one with a later date. <drama> I can feel my life slipping away, I might just be dead before AP comes out. </drama> Oh well. Don't polish it too much. I like my games like my women. A little filthy and sometimes rough. (Love you Mom)

I don't care about polish, KOTOR 2 was the definition of unpolished, and still one of the greatest games ever, especially compared to all the boring atrocious crap being put out these days.

Uh... so wouldn't it be even better if its primary flaw was addressed?