Release date

Yeah, yeah, a polished game is better than an unpolished one, what I'm trying to point out is that people get so obsessed over details they don't see the forest for the trees. A polished piece of crap is still crap, no matter how much shine you add to it.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Fair enough. I think part of the reason we get so hung up about polish is that we've seen quite a few "nearly" greats in the last few years, where brilliance was just crying out for polish.

Besides, I have little reason to suspect Obsidian traffics in crap just yet. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So, Q1 by Sega standards actually means "Spring" (End March to June). Good to know that Colonial Marines and AP will be released in June.

Fixed. :lol:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I believe the 30th of June counts as Summer anywhere on the northern hemisphere.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Q1 2009 PS3 Aliens: Colonial Marines

Q1 2009 X360 Aliens: Colonial Marines

Q1 2009 PC Aliens: Colonial Marines

These listings are for Gearbox's first-person shooter in case anyone thought "woohoo! Aliens RPG in Q1!"

• 2 weeks later...
AP delayed to June?
Unofficial report comes out, gets updated = delay?
don't trust these websites. They barely get updated. I think SEGA/Obs came to conclusion that the game needs an extra few months, so they also informed the retailers. But of course this could be also baseless speculation.
I think it more likely they do it to get people to pre order games. Money now is better than money later. Might as well guarantee a sale, too. Know how many to get. They don't want to get too many. They want enough to a point, then the brick and mortar places want to cash in on preowned games. Thats how its always worked, and always will.
Remember the last game you delayed? You pushed KOTOR2 after Xmas, and then look at what a freaking mess it became. I've had enough of this.
Er, right. Because thats what KotOR 2 needed. Less development time.
Got a friendly e-mail from Amazon today regarding my AP (PC) pre-order.
Colour me shocked.

Q1 2009 PS3 Aliens: Colonial Marines

Q1 2009 X360 Aliens: Colonial Marines

Q1 2009 PC Aliens: Colonial Marines

These listings are for Gearbox's first-person shooter in case anyone thought "woohoo! Aliens RPG in Q1!"

I'm guessing GB is large enough for two teams then, since Brothers in Arms just released a few months ago. Either that, or they're totally not making Q1.

• 3 weeks later...

If it makes the game better, fine. But I am really, really getting hungry for an RPG.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

At least they're not rushing the game. But Christmas would be a terrible time to release it, it'll completely get lost in the shuffle. Oh well, looks like another year with nothing to play.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Is there going to be a collector's edition?

I'd like to place my preorder, but would like a CE if one is coming.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

According to the official tweeter, the first drafts of the AP manual have been produced. From that information we can surmise that most if not all of the game mechanics have been nailed down. Progress!

lol. I've read enough manuals that were totally wrong to not buy that entirely. Changes can go right up to the last minute.

But yeah, its a good sign.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Why does that suddenly look like a major step? Like the game is safe and will come out awesome?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"