What are you playing now?

Gorth

Given how often I've died playing it on the easier settings, I imagine if I turned up the difficulty to its highest settings on Fallout 3 I'd be Shooty McShotinthefacevictim.

I can't strategize in action games to save my life. :(

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Given how often I've died playing it on the easier settings, I imagine if I turned up the difficulty to its highest settings on Fallout 3 I'd be Shooty McShotinthefacevictim.

I can't strategize in action games to save my life. :p

Do what I do and only use VATS. Dont' even waste your ammo shooting in regular mode.

Oh, and you gain XP faster the harder your mode, so what is most likely happening is that easier is harder because you ought to be a higher level during your encounters.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Amazing. Bethesda got difficulties backwards.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

That actually might make a little sense. I don't think the game is pathetically easy on the hardest settings like a lot of folks claim. I think there are things that can make it super easy, but some of them entail gameplay I don't like. For example, I can get a lot of one shot kills with super high sneak and sneak crits. *shrug* I liked the game on middle and I like it on very hard.

Amazing. Bethesda got difficulties backwards.

I'm speculating. I was having difficulty with parts of the game on easy, so I switched to hard and gained two levels in about an hour. (this is after several hours not gaining any levels). I *think* something may be wrong with the difficulty.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I can't strategize in action games to save my life. :lol:

Do what I do and only use VATS. Dont' even waste your ammo shooting in regular mode.

Oh, and you gain XP faster the harder your mode, so what is most likely happening is that easier is harder because you ought to be a higher level during your encounters.

Nah, it really is that I don't tend to think through the encounters. Like "try to pay attention when setting up for a fight outdoors that you don't have a car behind you kinda thing". I'm a bit too rash.

I'm also prone to thinking I can take one three supermutants at once, which isn't true if at least two aren't equipped with nailboards.

I do favor VATS in combat, but even with a high agility I tend to run out of AP fast on it. Maybe I'll inch it up to normal and see what happens though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

VATS is great. VATS is awesome. Depends on on what weapon and what type of perks you have when it concerns AP. My Agility is at ten and I have the perk that gives you extra APs in VATS and some other related VATS perks. The laser rifle I can get 5 shots off in VATS and the alien gun I think 6. The Lincoln's Repeater I can get 5 shots off.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Hmmm, I haven't got enough levels to get the extra AP perk (I would have if I hadn't restarted 4 times).

Red Alert three between leveling my Warrior

Wow... mission 8 Russia has you taking on the entire japanese force with a grand total of one conscript and one bear at the beginning

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just played through the A Vampyre Story demo. Will be getting this, seems like a really charming game.

Also finished up the last houses in the NWN2 Halloween mod. There's some really awesome stuff in there, and some of it is really messed up... If you play it, make sure you see Johnny Ree & Lisos house, it's absolutely insane.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm trying to help Bill the Pony get home in LotR Online.

Awesome. I assume this is an easter-egg quest from the Moria expansion, correct?

Yep. So far it is simply fantastic, and I haven't even got into Moria. They now have epic weapons that level with your character. So instead of throwing out your gear every few levels, you keep them with you, name them, and even assign traits to them by doing special quests. Which, in retrospect, seems like the way to go. It's ridiculous to think that Sting is going to become a useless dagger after a certain level. (sting isn't available, just using it as a famous example of an epic weapon.)

Right now I'm helping the dwarves clear a path to the Moria gate, so they can start reclaiming the halls.

NHL 09, and SOZ.

How is SoZ?

.. and try not to mention Mass Effect.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The delivery guy showed up with my joystick yesterday in the office (yay for airfreight). I'll start playing X3: Terran Conflict tonight >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I didn't figure I just could pop my PS3 controller into the PC and play Resident Evil 4 with that. I thought the USB cable was only for charging the Akku.... Anyway, it's an...interesting game. Very nice atmosphere. But I stopped and the end of Chapter 2 when my ammo ran out and two chainsaw-brides hurled at me while Ashley got carried away by a smelly zombie. Too much is too much!