What are you playing now?

Gorth

Incursion...which one was that?

I didn't get more than a couple minutes into it, but it's a night mission where you get dropped off by the VTOL and are told to meet up with someone nearby. When you do, the new person gives you an order to take out a bunch of AA emplacements that are preventing any air support from coming in. I didn't get much beyond his little speech because combat is really tough when the game is a slideshow.

That's a big battle if I remember Crysis correctly. Lots of helicopters, footmen and boats. Also one of the best levels, drop the graphics a notch or two and see if it helps, possibly the best level in the game.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Got the final Dream in Lost Odyssey last night. I read all but the last 3 I obtained. Kaim was just too much of a Mary Sue to bear. They tried being fables espousing wisdom that only this character has. And the inconsistencies with the game world were too hard to ignore.

They were pretty fun to read at first, though.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Incursion...which one was that?

I didn't get more than a couple minutes into it, but it's a night mission where you get dropped off by the VTOL and are told to meet up with someone nearby. When you do, the new person gives you an order to take out a bunch of AA emplacements that are preventing any air support from coming in. I didn't get much beyond his little speech because combat is really tough when the game is a slideshow.

That's a big battle if I remember Crysis correctly. Lots of helicopters, footmen and boats. Also one of the best levels, drop the graphics a notch or two and see if it helps, possibly the best level in the game.

Yup. That's the one. :sorcerer:

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - Got tired of waiting for the restoration project, just started so far so good. It certainly starts off better than the first game.

You haven't played it before?

Fortune favors the bald.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - Got tired of waiting for the restoration project, just started so far so good. It certainly starts off better than the first game.

You haven't played it before?

Not really, I finished the first one after about 10 attempts. I could never bring myself to get off the first planet, boy did that part suck. It does improve after that however. Then I was gonna jump right into part 2 then I decided to wait for the restoration project.........still waiting

Opening was the weakest part of Kotor 2. Actually, entire Kotor 2 was a big failure.

The dialog with HK in the beginning alone is better than the first game. Excellent conversation. But I am still Peragus, so I have not gone far.

I'm going to shoot whoever keeps logging in and out of MSN while I'm trying to play Crysis. For some reason, whenever an MSN popup appears the game decides to go from full screen to running in a window and takes about 5 minutes to do so.

I finally made it through Incursion and I'm on to the tank battle, but even with the game on the lowest settings it's still chugging along right now. I was going to see if I could finish it today before the graphics card and RAM go back for an RMA (pick up is tomorrow) but I think I'll put it down until after I get my stuff back.

You may want to familiarize yourself with the KOTOR2 section of the boards. The game stinks of a giganic turdburger, riddles with game stopping bugs from beginning to end.

That is not representative of opinion on the KotOR2 section of the boards, I would say. Most of the discussion of bugs now comes from trying to play the game on hardware or operating systems that didn't exist when the game was released.

I think KotOR2 was excellent until the end, better than KotOR1 in many ways. :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

And you do an excellent job helping people DN, you're a true asset to that forum along with Bass-Gamemaster or whatever his name is. Im just saying the game itself, as you well know, crashes more then it works.

Im not bashing the people who love it, Im bashing The Man. Im sick and tired of crap being acceptable. Just glancing at the first page reveals at least 4-5 different game stopping bugs unless you jiggle this, adjust that, downgrade, upgrade, uninstall, reinstall, do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around, quicksave while simultaneously moving one step, etc... When did it become "OK" for a product like that to be released? Why should people have to jump through those hoops?

@STB: Are you saying these bugs never existed until recently?

No, of course not, I'm only trying to give a balance to your representation of what happens in the KotOR2 forum. Actually I agree with your broader point that games are too often released in a sub-standard condition. Alas, I think publishers sometimes care more about this quarter's figures than their long-term reputation.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I am most certainly enjoying Jericho more than I thought I would infact... It's by far exceeded my expectations.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Is it any good? Personnally the only thing I see in that game is a total mess in every aspect, but it's had its share of praise...

It's Ok. Think baldurs gate: Dark Alliance without as much stat toying you most of your stat boosts come from either skills which are dependant on your class, or your equipment. Doesn't have a very deep creation system you just find plans and pay money to make the item you found the plans for. the Items themselves come with bonus's not unlike the Diablo system. Hell I'd consider this game to be Diablo 2 and Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance's Love child.

Combat can get boring as all you do is push the right analog stick towards your chosen opponent. you also get abilities based on your class and weather you chose to be human or Cybernetic at the VERY beginning of the game. it's visually appealing but what isn't these days

My biggest beef is the way that they called it an RPG. It's more an Action RPG with out much in the way of quests or dialogue options or anything close to the amount of story that most RPGs (even Action RPG's) these days have. You find yourself kicking the main characters in you're head because the game pretty much leaves no mysteries about what's going on, only once have I ever found myself even going "huh that was unexpected". Admittedly I'm only about 4 hours in but I don't think based upon reviews it'll get any better. It's a game for the diablo crowd and even then only the casual diablo fans imho.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I finished The Bard's Tale tonight. Both endings. It was actually a hilarious game from time to time. The first time I played it, I thought the humour felt forced and awkward. But after playing through it all, it made more sense. And I loved the 'evil' ending :ermm:

No idea what I will play now. I'm even thinking about picking up Mass Effect (it has dropped in price), I'm that desperate for something new to play.

Can't wait for the games on my "Most Wanted" list to come out. I think one of them IS coming out at the end of this month, but I can't remember which. Far Cry 2 perhaps? Mercenaries 2? No matter, it's all good.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I am most certainly enjoying Jericho more than I thought I would infact... It's by far exceeded my expectations.

But Yahtzee said it was ****! He must have been right! You must be wrong!

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Oh bugger his word is LAW WTF OMG... *Kills Self*

I finished The Bard's Tale tonight. Both endings. It was actually a hilarious game from time to time. The first time I played it, I thought the humour felt forced and awkward. But after playing through it all, it made more sense. And I loved the 'evil' ending :ermm:

What's frieghtening is I agree with you!

KOTOR2 crashes? I thought the biggest problem was that it wasn't properly finished.

Who knows? Personally I played the Xbox version and had no problems, except the ending. And that was remedied by reading the cut transcripts. I wasn't patient enough to wait on a PC version.

Oh bugger his word is LAW WTF OMG... *Kills Self*

You're right. Now I am ashamed of enjoying Halo 3 immensely. I must go perform ritual suicide with yahtzee dices in order to make things right.

And I have not had any particularly nasty bugs with Kotor2, and if they were the kkind that screwed up my games, they were absolutly hilarious.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"