Movies you have seen lately

Gorth

No Country For Old Men

Insanely good, makes me want to get one of those cow killing guns

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Hey, any views expressed by Kor are subject to extreme prejudice! And will you hate me because it's not your cup of tea or that it will end so abruptly?

Because it will end so abruptly. I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Hey, any views expressed by Kor are subject to extreme prejudice! And will you hate me because it's not your cup of tea or that it will end so abruptly?

Because it will end so abruptly. I

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

No Country For Old Men

Insanely good, makes me want to get one of those cow killing guns

A .377 Soupy Twist?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

the incredible hulk

pretty meh really, but i suppose i've never really been into the idea of some dude who gets angry and turns green

It's better than Ang Lees movie.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I went to see Wall-E this afternoon. My only regret is that because there is so little dialogue they aren't really any memorable quotes that you can recite. Just about everything is visual.

Received a set of free movie passes as well since the projector went out half way through. Score one for free movies!

V for Vendetta.

I had seen this movie two years ago and had named it my favorite movie of all time. It had great acting, amazing dialogue, awesome action and had that subtle Wachowski anti-Bush message. It beat everything else I had ever seen and I honestly could not believe anything could be better.

It passed on TV yesterday, so I took as an oppurtunity to see if it was still my favorite movie of all time (I have watched many good and great movies in the last two years). I'm happy to say that still stands.

This is still, in my honest opinion, the best movie ever.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You should read the original comics Will, they'll blow your mind away

So, uhh...

I haven't watched anything worth of notice lately. Last movie I saw was Beach and wasn't that **** :thumbsup:

(Some nice camerawork though)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

There Will Be Blood.

Once the credits started to roll, I was pretty dumbfounded. This was was one of the most eccentric movies I have ever seen. Tons of imagery and a whole lot of not talking. The pros. Daniel Day Lewis and a few equally insane characters, a unique story about oil drilling, and an unexplainable atmosphere. The cons. The pacing of the film completely stumped me. For 2 and a half hours, almost nothing really happened. If you tried you could sum up the entire movie in about 6-7 events. Oddly enough this really didn't bother me. Somehow they found a way to make it not all that boring when nothing was even happening. Other than that it was a cool movie.

The slug rules that There Will Be Blood deserves 8.49 I drink your milk shakes out of 10.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

V for Vendetta.

I had seen this movie two years ago and had named it my favorite movie of all time. It had great acting, amazing dialogue, awesome action and had that subtle Wachowski anti-Bush message. It beat everything else I had ever seen and I honestly could not believe anything could be better.

It passed on TV yesterday, so I took as an oppurtunity to see if it was still my favorite movie of all time (I have watched many good and great movies in the last two years). I'm happy to say that still stands.

... it's not so much an anti bush message. Read the origional comic.

The Tuxedo.

I wonder what all the negative fuzz on imdb was about, I found it funny.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

V for Vendetta.

It wasn't an anti Bush message at all. It was about freedom of speech, and independent thought and they slammed these values in with a sledgehammer. I enjoyed it a great deal.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Inland Empire

First Lynch film I didn't manage to finish, out of fear of having my head explode.

Thanks for giving me film on my "definetly must see" list >_<

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Wall-e

very very fun movie. but like hurl said, it's got no funny lines, only situations.

Wall-e

very very fun movie. but like hurl said, it's got no funny lines, only situations.

I think that was Deraldin. I'm hoping to take my daughter to see this, but I've got to find a good kid friendly matinee showing.

V for Vendetta.

It wasn't an anti Bush message at all. It was about freedom of speech, and independent thought and they slammed these values in with a sledgehammer. I enjoyed it a great deal.

Yup, good movie. Though the original material, Alan Moore's graphic novel, was better. The characters, especially V, were more... how should I say... morally gray, not so easy to classify as good or evil. Not to mention that there were many characters and scenes that didn't make it into the movie (90 minutes isn't a lot of time for a movie this ambitious). My personal favorite is V's 'conversation' with the statue of Madame Justice atop the Old Bailey. That scene was pure brilliance and should have made it into the movie somehow.

Edited by fastpunk

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Meh, the v-v-v-v-v conv. is teh best :ermm:

(you know, the intoduction speech with every word beginning with letter v. It was awesome)

Meh, the v-v-v-v-v conv. is teh best :ermm:

(you know, the intoduction speech with every word beginning with letter v. It was awesome)

Ah yes, that was a great one! And if I remember correctly, that scene wasn't in the graphic novel. The Wachowskis made that one.

I'll leave you a link to that 'conversation' I mentioned, so that everyone can see for themselves. It's pure awesomeness!

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/V_for_Vendetta#Dialogue

Look for "[V is talking to the statue of Madame Justice atop the Old Bailey]". :lol:

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

I went to see Wall-E this afternoon. My only regret is that because there is so little dialogue they aren't really any memorable quotes that you can recite. Just about everything is visual.

Received a set of free movie passes as well since the projector went out half way through. Score one for free movies!

Why does a movie need memorable quotes? I saw it the other night, and it was fantastic. If anything, the lack of dialogue helped the film by focusing the designers and the audience on the Keaton-esque silent comedy (and tragedy). The first 20 minutes-- before there was even a single word of dialogue-- was the best part of the film.

For a film that's generally marketed to kids, though, it has a pretty dim view of humanity's future. Am I the only one who sees Pixar giving a subtle F-U to Disney's marketing people? They renew their deal to keep Pixar working for the Mouse based on their ability to produce merchandising money factories like "Finding Nemo" and "Toy Story," and then their next two films are a movie about cooking with a rat as the hero, and one starring an anthropomorphized trash compactor with a pet ****roach living in a future Earth that is wholly ruined thanks to greedy corporations and fat stupid lazy people. I can just picture the meeting-- "let's see those bastards sell kid's pajamas with that on it!!"

Edited by Enoch

Why does a movie need memorable quotes? I saw it the other night, and it was fantastic. If anything, the lack of dialogue helped the film by focusing the designers and the audience on the Keaton-esque silent comedy (and tragedy). The first 20 minutes-- before there was even a single word of dialogue-- was the best part of the film.

Because reciting sound effects and acting out the on-screen action to people who have yet to see the movie just doesn't have the same effect. :lol:

I agree with you completely that the lack of dialogue in no way hurt the film. It was impressive just how much they got the characters to express with just a few simple motions and just four words. I just wish it was longer. 90 minutes seems so short. I really liked the movie. So much so that I've already seen it multiple times just looking for things that I missed in prior showings.

Because reciting sound effects and acting out the on-screen action to people who have yet to see the movie just doesn't have the same effect. :)

I agree with you completely that the lack of dialogue in no way hurt the film. It was impressive just how much they got the characters to express with just a few simple motions and just four words. I just wish it was longer. 90 minutes seems so short. I really liked the movie. So much so that I've already seen it multiple times just looking for things that I missed in prior showings.

they should have had interactions between Wall-e and the Wall-Rs.

they should have had interactions between Wall-e and the Wall-Rs.

Wall-Rs? What's the R stand for? :)

I thought they were WALL-A, not R. As in "Axiom-Class" in place of WALL-E's "Earth-Class."