Movies you have seen lately

Gorth

they should have had interactions between Wall-e and the Wall-Rs.

Wall-Rs? What's the R stand for? :)

I thought they were WALL-A, not R. As in "Axiom-Class" in place of WALL-E's "Earth-Class."

Yeah. That's what I thought as well. Made sense to me.

It did make me wonder why they had so many little ones on Earth. Why not toss a couple of the big ones down there as well. Surely it would have helped clean up the place faster.

12 Angry Men (1957) I thought I had seen this before, but I was wrong. Great flick a little claustrophobic but thats to be expected. Excellent acting all around. I was particularly impressed with Ed Begle, Lee J. Cobb and of course Henry Fonda.

9.5/10

Oh, I saw this a couple of weeks ago and I was very impressed. For a movie about a bunch of guys just sitting in a room, it really kept me on my toes.

Jumper - I liked the concept, and the film was a little less "flashy endless action" than I was expecting...but Hayden in the lead made me wince and they left too many things hanging for a sequel to be satisfying. But it was watchable...tho first half is better than the 2nd half.

Kite Runner - I haven't read the book nor knew anything about the plot going in. Heck, I didn't even know it was a book, heh. I usually don't like "serious" dramas, but I loved this movie. It has some flaws, sure...most notably that the actor playing the lead chr. as an adult is pretty wooden/weak...and the ending coincidences strains all credulity...but it's a fine anti-hero/redemption film. The man playing the father/Baba is a real stand-out, too. And I loved the cinematography...not just the CGI kite scenes, but all of it...angles and framing of scenes etc.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I went to see the latest installment of Indiana Jones. I enjoyed it. Harrison Ford is... well... Indy. and I thought it fitting that Karen Allen returned as our heroine. It was a great way to spend a really hot, Arizona afternoon.... munching popcorn, drinking soda, eyes glued to the screen.

I think I'll go see Hanc o ck next. :bat: i'm a closet Will Smith junkie. :p

Edited by vesselle

well

whatever

nevermind

Heathen.

I watched Chaos - A crime caper flick with Jason Statham, Wesley Snipes, and Ryan Phillipe. It was decent, pretty predictable, but I really enjoy Statham and that guy who was married to Reese Witherspoon.

What happened to Wesley Snipes? He used to be a rather solid actor, but this last decade has been pretty weak. Maybe he'll be better when he gets out of jail.

What happened to Wesley Snipes? He used to be a rather solid actor, but this last decade has been pretty weak. Maybe he'll be better when he gets out of jail.

I'm trying to think of a Wesley Snipes film in which I thought his performance was "solid" or better. I'm failing.

Even in the rare occasions when he's been in a good film (like, say, Mo Better Blues), his performance hasn't exactly been one of the stronger parts of the film.

I'm trying to think of a Wesley Snipes film in which I thought his performance was "solid" or better. I'm failing.

Even in the rare occasions when he's been in a good film (like, say, Mo Better Blues), his performance hasn't exactly been one of the stronger parts of the film.

White Men Can't Jump, Jungle Fever, New Jack City, Rising Sun...

He's not really a strong leading man, but when paired with another solid actor, he used to hold his own.

Jumper - I agree with much of what LadyCrimson said. There were just a lot of messed up morality choices in the movie. Every character seemed to be thoughtless, arrogant, and fairly evil. There wasn't really any "good guy" to root for.

There is a scene early on where the Jumper is watching a bunch of people on TV that are getting washed away in a flood. He pays little attention to it, but the fact they showed it would seem to implicate plot relevance. I was expecting that maybe the character would grow somehow and start using his immense powers for good, or at least not entirely selfish reasons. That never happened, and it left me feeling fairly apathetic towards the ending.

The mother was also a terrible character. Why didn't she stick around and teach her son to be responsible? His crimes are completely on her shoulders.

"Die, whirlybird mother ****ers!!!"

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Live Free Or Die Hard. I just caught this on satellite for the first time since seeing it in theatres. I'm far too lazy to look up what I wrote about it the first time, but I liked it this go around. Sure, it's over the top, cheesy, and totally unrealistic. But that being said, I'll watch this over Indy 4 or POTC3 any day of the week.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

"My dad bought me this jet for flag day it was the best flag day ever."

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yar!!!

and btw Kor Labyrinth sux with the witch king prancing around with his giant codpiece and whatnot .

Edited by Laozi