Movies you have seen lately

Gorth

No no no, the the seasonal rating system is subjective. My March could be your June and your October my January.

Let's say...March is better than February, but worse than May, which is a bit worse than August, but tops July.

In laymans terms, a solid 7 out of 12. Simple. :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Carrie, the remake from 2002. I don't care if the cgi effects are cheap in such a film, but damn, I hate that setting. It also was too slow for a new movie. And the bastards that deserved the slow death of the soul they inflicted upon Carrie died far to... well, random and physical.

To the good things: Carrie was superbly played, mobbed to death and abused by that "christian" mother of hers... So was her despiccable mother and that devilish friend of the blonde rich girl. Furthermore, I now want to see the original.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

No no no, the the seasonal rating system is subjective. My March could be your June and your October my January.

Let's say...March is better than February, but worse than May, which is a bit worse than August, but tops July.

I still don't think your rating is fair. I'd just it at least an April. It's not as bad as a July, certainly.

In laymans terms, a solid 7 out of 12. Simple. :lol:

Only 58.3%? :lol:

Tekkon Kinkreet

First off this movie looked absolutely insane and awesome. Sort of reminiscent of spirited away in my opinion which had such awesome detail and awesomeness. The animation was top notch and the character and story writing was pretty damned good. The only real problem I had with the movie was the ending and at one point towards the end they kind of ran with a certain "conflict" a little too long. It wasn't that the ending was bad or anything. It just felt empty and someone got killed that I didn't want to but that's something I feel when ever anyone dies in any movie really. Some questions were still left up in the air and almost all the major characters had endings that were semi-vague or weren't even included at all. I suppose there always a price to pay in anime and that's consistently having horrible to mediocre endings. However, the begining of the film was great and the middle was pretty good.

Art: 10/10

Animation: 10/10

Story: 8/10

Characters: 9/10

Awesome factor: 9.25/10

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Labyrinth. This movie sucked. I want my hour and a half back, plus some shock treatment to dislodge the memory of David Bowie in his tight pants. :lol:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Anyone planning on going to see the Hulk remake this weekend?

Saw it today. I was pretty bored. Maybe I feel like I've seen the whole thing in the previews? Plus, I had no real problem w/ the 1st movie, so it's a bit soon for a re-boot, as far as I'm concerned.

Went to the midnight showing of Incredible Hulk. Marvel is two for two.

I LOVED :lol: Iron Man! Seen it twice already. But, frankly, Tony Stark showing up at the end of 'Hulk' just pointed out the glaring differences between the 2 films to me. Iron Man=Bad*ss :lol: . Incredible Hulk=*yawn* -_-

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

The first movie was boring as hell and 24 minutes longer.

The action in this one was well done, the acting was great, the story good enough, was not that impressed with the CGI. Hopefully for the next flick they will adopt the Hulk's philosophy "Less talk, more HULK SMASH"

Why they do not use the Hulks true origin really pisses me off, it's not like either movie has a better beginning for Banner or his alter ego.

7/10

Give me two hours with scenes like the one below and I will be a happy dork

e6cvwbeumgf4njtjsq1.jpg

Hahhah, Rhino looks like someone just picked his man cherry.

Who is the guy with the large head at the foreground?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Labyrinth. This movie sucked. I want my hour and a half back, plus some shock treatment to dislodge the memory of David Bowie in his tight pants. ;)

You are dead to me.

Je suis mort? Mais non!

I honestly gave this movie a fair chance. Bad music, arguably some of Frank Oz's worst puppets, and dialouge that would choke a mere mortal. I can see how some people dig this movie. Then, of course, they have their ninth birthday party immediately afterwards... ;)

Ok, the sets were cool. But that was it.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

You are watching it completely out of context, is the real issue. You should be watching it in the 80's when you are 9 years old. I don't know how you can blame the movie for you being too old and two generations too late.

I don't know how you can blame the movie for you being too old and two generations too late.

I can. I do it all the time.

Edit: Also watching The Ladies Man on comedy central. Easily one of my favorite movies of all time. Maybe number 2 or 3.

Can I buy you a fish sammich?

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

You are watching it completely out of context, is the real issue. You should be watching it in the 80's when you are 9 years old. I don't know how you can blame the movie for you being too old and two generations too late.

You're assuming I didn't watch it when it first came out. I did.

Let's put it this way: The Dark Crystal pwns Labyrinth.

Better?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Guest The Architect

The Condemned.

I really wanted that Guatemalan dude to avenge what happened to his wife, but that never happened. Ended pretty scorchingly for him.

I really enjoyed the action in the movie. Big Chris & Stone Cold Steve Austin are awesome.

I am Legend

I thought it was pretty good although it could have been shorter. Didnt really get at the end how there could be a

safe area.

The "zombies" had the strength and speed of, what did the movie say, 6 men (?) so they could have easily

breached the walls of the safe area.

What, they didnt know it was there?

I finally saw Indy 4 this weekend... and I'll agree with someone else who said it plays like fan fiction - very satisfying with all it's tie ins and wrap ups, but somehow lacking the umph a Hollywood script should have.

I did enjoy it, though.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Hellboy - Awesome flick

9/10

Stan Wilson passed away today: an American professional special effects and makeup artist. Won 4 Oscars. Another 17 wins & 31 nominations

Here are some of the films he worked on that you might have heard of

Aliens

Congo

Predator

Edward Scissorhands

Jurassic Park

The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park III

The Terminator

Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Terminator 3-D

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

A.I.

Ghosts

The Island of Doctor Moreau

Batman Returns

Big Fish

Interview With The Vampire

Pumpkinhead

Tank Girl

The Thing

Heartbeeps

Wrong Turn

RIP

Edited by Kelverin

Hellboy - Awesome flick

9/10

heh, one thing i noticed when i watched that was one particular scene where they screwed up his hands

his right hand is the "right hand of doom" or whatever it's called, but in one part he walks into a room holding his gun with his right hand with his left hand being all "hand of doomy"

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Stan Wilson passed away today: an American professional special effects and makeup artist. Won 4 Oscars. Another 17 wins & 31 nominations

Here are some of the films he worked on that you might have heard of

Aliens

Congo

Predator

Edward Scissorhands

Jurassic Park

The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park III

The Terminator

Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Terminator 3-D

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

A.I.

Ghosts

The Island of Doctor Moreau

Batman Returns

Big Fish

Interview With The Vampire

Pumpkinhead

Tank Girl

The Thing

Heartbeeps

Wrong Turn

RIP

RIP STAN WINSTON, he was a true Hollywood wizard.

Talking of Predator, conversation during training:

Sgt: "You see we do this because... how many of you have seen the film Predator, with Arnold Schwarzenegger?"

*Hands go up across unit*

Sgt: "Because there's that scene where they open fire and they go full auto... it's M16s and grenade launchers and a mini-gun going all out and they flatten everything. But they don't get the alien. And they use up all their ammunition, and they get NOTHING, and they've got nothing left. Which is because unlike us they don't use aimed fire."

*Lone hand goes up*

Sgt: "Yes?"

Pte N: "And the alien was invisible."

Sgt: "Erm... yes, that's true."

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The Incredible Hulk. Ed Norton did a good job as Banner. The rest of the show was allright. Not super spectacular or anything. But the whole Hulk premise is pretty one dimensional anyways.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif