Zombie survival

Walsingham

Guest The Architect

That's the Canadian way of killing a zombie. The West Aussie way is using a chainsaw then embedding a hardwood hard barb spear into their head, if they've still got one.

I work on a graveyard. Now, that raises several questions on the likability of my survival, should the dead walk the earth, or, as people in the know like to call it, When the **** Hits the Fan or WtSHtF(cf. hand of god event, disease walkers). None of these questions have positive answers. The mere fact that the graveyard is an old army one and is in the middle of the city should be a fair warning for anyone interested on remaining on this earth relatively alive and breathing.

However, there is a a sizable storage of bladed gardening tools, electric cutters and the like in the premises, so armament should not be a problem. Another good thing is a chapel with basement access and blockable loft stairway, both of which could be used (either) as bunkers (or deathtraps). Furthermore, there's an army office nearby, which, naturally, has a small armory. It's not accessible to just anyone of course, but in the event of WtSHtF, anyone reckless and foolhardy enough(read: me) would most likely find themselves with a shiny rifle or two, kept in good condition thanks to the by-the-book nature of the office staff.

Then again, if the zombies are of the diseased runner variety, I might as well jump from a cliff and hope for quick divine intervention.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Really? In NSW we use guns to kill zombies.

Guns can run out of bullets. Chainsaws can run out of gass.

Real men use swords.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Swords can run out of... sharpness.

Real men use their foreheads.

TEETH! TEETH!

Eat the zombie before it eats you!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Real men die when the zombies come. Don't be a real man. Run.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Real men die when the zombies come. Don't be a real man. Run.

Damn straight! :)

Real men kill zombies with chainsaws. And when they rough it, it's a combination of hockey skates and kicks to the head.

As long as you clean the chainsaw afterwards.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Chainsaws may work in the movies, but they spray putrescent flesh everywhere. They also require serious experience to handle properly. I always seem to be out of town during outbreaks, but I favour a halberd or spade. Certainly a halberd or boar spear is perfect for handling zombies (or 'zulus' in the British Army) as part of a group.

Something to keep in mind during all this is the physical fitness. Sure you may be able to swing a chainsaw for five minutes, but you may have to fight for hours at a time. Core strength, and aerobic fitness, not to mention careful attention to weapon weight have to be considered.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

As an aside, I've been reading The Red Queen by Matt Ridley. It talks about evolutionary theory, and illuminates something that's been puzzling me about the various zombie creating viruses: why don't the buggers rot?

It seems that there is a strong tendency in many infections for them to fight amongst themselves. After all, why share the spoils? Indeed in some infections it is the side effects of this fighting which kills the human host. This could explain the fact that zombies rot so slowly. The Z viruses have mastered the business of kicking the competition through production of some toxin or toxins, leaving the z viruses to function without interference. If we assume that the toxins interfere with the proteins in cell lipid membranes it could explain the way complex cell structures like the brain are futzed long before simple ones like muscles (they depend on more complex transmitter proteins).

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

i find that in my current situation, i would be poorly equipped to fight off a horde of zombies

in my previous flat, there was an abundance of weapons such as bats and machetes on hand for easy use, and easily fortified entry/exit points

my ideal weapon of choice would be something along the lines of a boar spear

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I cant for the life of me understand why some of you would want to use a spear. Dont you guys realize you can poke holes in a zombie all day but you have to destroy the head/brain to permanently drop one?

Me, since Aram's house is getting crowded, Ill have to rely on my trusty .357 and somehow jamming up the staircase to the upstairs. Maybe by shoving some big dressers, computer desks, whatnot?

Meh, Im a goner.

for me it wouldn't be about killing the zombie, so much as poking it and keeping it away from me while i try and get away

for me it wouldn't be about killing the zombie, so much as poking it and keeping it away from me while i try and get away

Pogo stick?

-Elwood Blues

I will soon be in a unique position to blow zombies up from long range with tomahawks so I should be fine.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Pogo stick?

well if we're talking about modes of transport, then how about a segway?